Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've decided to shake things up and interview a guy who has been around for a while. You all know and e-love him. My guest On the Hot Seat is none other than, Ace5.

We all know you as Ace, but what is your real name?

Ace5 wrote:
Will

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
24 within a month, New Haven County CT

What is your occupation?

Quote:
Arborist/ Walking Plant information booth pending on the day of the week. But always something to do with trees. Contemplating a masters degree in natural history.

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
In a relationship. Girlfriend for about six months now. It's about exit time I think though.

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
Nah. 3 sisters young enough to be my kids though. Anytime I pick em up to go anywhere, everyone tells me I have beautiful kids. It's kind of weird.

What about pets?

Quote:
My roommate has a cat. I have allergies. I've been plotting the cats untimely demise for some time now.

Three words for you: Homemade, air, cannon. Trust me on this. They are usually used for launching t-shirts at sporting events, but they can be used to get rid of cats. Or so I have heard. Wink Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
Current obsession is NBA 2K13. In November it'll be CoD again. Grow all my own vegetables at my mothers place for fun, can't really grow much with the space at my condo. Play the bass in a metal band, even with metal being far from my favorite music. The concerts are crazy though. Lot of fun, lot of energy. Gym four to five times a week. Nachos and pool once every other week or so. Golf twice a month or so when it's nice out. Host a summer party series with a friend, and outdoor open fire pit grill parties Fridays in the fall and early winter. I actually lead a pretty busy life.

So, what you're saying is that people know you and you're kind of a big deal. Gotcha. What's your drink of choice?

Quote:
Ooooooooooooooo. Depends on what I'm doing. Guinness black lager has recently been supplanted by O'Hara's Irish Stout for the go to beer at the package store. Most bars it's still a half and half or a priests collar. I'm not afraid to admit that when grilling outside, I occasionally prefer a landshark or corona.....with a lime in it. Innus and gunn just released their Scottish stout matured in Irish whiskey casks that I go gaga over. It's a limited release though. Any Oktoberfests when it's that time of year. Love the fall beers, fall sports, everything. For the fall grilling, a good Red ale is usually nice, Killians being the name most would associate with that.

How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
I don't gamble anymore, but back when I joined in 2007 (still young and dumb... well dumber in high school) I played Texas hold 'em non stop. I won five straight hands with just an Ace as a high card. Blew everyone's mind how hard that level of suck was to accomplish.

How/when/why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
When I was a kid, the Cowboys were winning and winning big. Everyone here hated them. So, as a professional ball breaker, I decided to adopt them as my team. It was roughly 1996. The Cowboys have won exactly one playoff game since. It may very well be my fault.

Who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
STONE COLE! STONE COLE! STONE COLE! STONE COLE!

All time? Ooff. I've gotta say.... Um. Hmmm. Struggling here. Moose Johnston was a favorite for a long time, but so was Mr. Irvin. One of them.

Ha ha, gotta love the Jim Ross impersonation. And, Moose is always a great choice. What is your favorite Dallas Cowboys moment?

Quote:
Donovan McNabb's last dance as a Eagle. It's the only playoff win I have personally witnessed. Oh 2009. Meeeemmmmoooorrrrriiiieseessssss

At what point did you realise that Rage Comics were the answer for all life's problems?

Quote:
It's much easier than typing when drunk. And pictures are currently up on the exchange rate over words, currently worth 1,236 words, so the value is tremendous.

Give us your best drunken debauchery story that is forum rules appropriate.

Quote:
Forum rules appropriate. Bummer. Okay. So it's my friends 21st birthday, and we've been celebrating at the aforementioned pool and nachos spot. All sorts of crazy drinking has been going on. Car bombs, snakebites, shots of everything. We go to leave, and our driver had even had a few. We were drunk and stupid. We got in with him. As we're pulling down the road, I notice the back hatch of his SUV is wide open. The birthday boy runs out and shuts it, in full view of a cop. He doesn't pull us over for some reason, despite all the drunks yelling about the back hatch. We go to Wendy's and order an unreal amount of food. As we're pulling out, I look back and notice that the back hatch is still open. So I jump out to close it while eating my jr bacon cheeseburger. The same cop drives by. Still doesn't pull us over. We start driving down the road, yelling like morons, when we decide to go off roading. At 3 am. On a Monday. THE SAME COP comes over and finally has to stop us. Just gives us a warning. Tells us to keep the back hatch closed next time. Pretty sure that was my sign to never get in the car with a driver who was anything but sober ever again. Less debauchery and more WTFerry, but it's a forum and there may be a lady present, contrary to what we all know about the Internet.

Thanks for participating, Ace. As always, you are highly entertaining. Guys, tune in next week for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Applause

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We took last week off, due to the draft, but we are back and ready to go. Since I accidentally deleted all my PM's, I lost the interview I was going to post this week. So, joining me this week On the Hot Seat is me, htfryar...

Gimme your first name.

htfryar wrote:
Actually, I go by my middle name, Tyler.

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
I'm 37 years old and I'm born and raised in Hot Springs, Arkansas.

What is your occupation?

Quote:
I am a Dispatcher for the Arkansas Forestry Commission. Whenever someone spots a wildfire, they call 911. If the fire is something that the local fire department can't handle, 911 calls me to send out Forest Rangers with bulldozers to take care of it. Yeah, that's right. When the fire is too big, 911 calls me for help. Cool

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
I am happily divorced and not currently dating anyone. Although, that last part might be changing soon. If it does, I'll post more dating misadventures over in TACT.

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
I don't know if y'all have noticed or not, but I do have a son that I am actually quite proud of. He's 7 years old and his name is Andrew, but I call him Drew.

What about pets?

Quote:
Drew and I have 2 guinea pigs. They are both females and are named after the princesses in the Super Mario Games: Peach and Daisy.

Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
When I am not watching football, I love fishing, hunting, swimming, reading and going to minor league baseball games. I also like to play PS3 games, but I don't do it online.

What's your drink of choice?

Quote:
If you'd asked me 14 months ago, I would have said iced tea, preferrably unsweet tea with a slice of lemon in it. But, due to kidney stone issues, I have gone from drinking a half gallon of tea per day to a half gallon per month. I now mainly just drink water and have a beer every night with dinner.

Quote:
Well, being the creative guy that I am, I went with first and middle initials and my last name. Kinda lame, but it is my user name for a bunch of websites and my computer at work. It's just easier to remember 1 screenname for every site.

How/when/why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
Around Easter of 1978, when I was 2 1/2 years old, my mom bought me this sweet Dallas Cowboys jacket.

The Cowboys were her favorite team and I've been hooked ever since.

Quote:
My current favorite is Jason Witten. He plays the game the way it is meant to be played.

My all-time favorite is Bill Bates. In fact, when I first joined this site, before my son was born, my avatar was this pic of him...

To me, Bates was the epitome of what an NFL player should be. He never bished about playing time or money. He played every down as if it was his last. He wasn't the best SS, but he was so good on Special Teams that the NFL created a spot in the Pro Bowl for Special teams players.

What is your favorite Dallas Cowboys moment?

Quote:
It's easy to say the 3 Super Bowls in 4 years or when a little known man from Arkansas bought my favorite team. But, to me the best moment was during the 1993 season when Emmitt Smith beat the Giants while playing with a seperated shoulder. That heart, determination and leadership is something this team needs more of.

Well, that's it for this week. Hope y'all have enjoyed a little peak at the mind behind the curtain. Tune back in next week for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Desperado82

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing I found ht on FB

^^^mack
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
Laughing I found ht on FB

I have like 10 friends. Laughing The only reason I have a page is because my son likes to play games on it. I don't think I've even loggen on in a month.

MaddHatter

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great work

Sig courtesy of mack.
Dirk Gently

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spent my honeymoon in hot springs. really enjoyed it. Sent my parents up there and they loved it so much they bought some land in Glenwood. Beautiful country
Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.. missed the Ace one. Just caught up on the last two.

Well done. very entertaining.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I decided this thing back for a little while longer. This week's guest On the Hot Seat is retrolock...

Start off by giving us your first name...

retrolock wrote:
Y'all can call me Chris, or Retro if you want.

Well, I guess that's settled. From now on, you are just retro. So, how old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
I'm already 36 years damn old and I'm from the Philippines, Makati City

Always cool to have a fan from another country. What is your occupation?

Quote:
I'm an accountant, as boring as one accountant could be. But I have a fire inside that will never be quenched, until the Boys' win the SB once again.

Too bad they don't make antacids for that. Speaking of problems that can make you need antacids, what is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
Happily married for three years, with the girl I have dated ten years prior before our marriage. All in all my wife has stucked by my side for 13 odd years.

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
Yep. A very precocious boy named Luke, who's already 2 years old

What about pets?

Quote:
Nah, I gave up on pets because I couldn't bear their passing. When I was young I really loved my dog Snoopy and her daughter Bantay. Was driven to tears when they died. I swore I would never be caught that vulnerable again by pets.

Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
I'm a bit knowledgeable in building PC setups (who isn't) and right now my rig is watercooled like crazy. http://www.modsrigs.com/detail.aspx?BuildID=26096

That is pretty awesome looking. What's your drink of choice?

Quote:
Beer, lots of them

Quote:
When I was in Highschool, I loved to draw comics. So I created my character named Retrolock, which I interpreted as "never mind the past" kind of guy. He was half cyborg after all.

Dude, you gotta post some pics of that over in TACT. Since you're from the Philippines, I'm sure most of the readers are wondering how/when/why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
Back in '93, when my elder sister living in the States gave me an authentic Dallas Cowboys Starter cap, been obsessed with America's Team ever since.

Quote:
Right now I must say Tony Romo, I really love underdogs and rags to riches stories. I just hope the guy will earn an SB ring. All-time? Emmitt Smith, the guy is a workhorse, and still underrated by the media.

Both are good answers. Regardless of your personal feelings about Romo, it is hard to argue that he has made the most out of the oppurtunity he was given. As for Emmitt, I agree that he is underrated by many. What is your favorite Dallas Cowboys moment?

Quote:
When Deion Sanders joined the team, I was obsessed with Madden 96 and the game's dilemma on how to add Sanders to the Cowboys. Damn those were good time, SNES and Madden.

That was a pretty fun game, but I liked NFL Primetime for the Sega Genesis better. The taunts were hilarious. Well, that's it for this week guys. Tune in next time for another edition of On the Hot Seat with HT.

TheStarStillShines

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another fine interview. Retro, do you get to watch games in the Philippines and do you view online or are the games actually shown on TV?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good job, ht. Nice interview.

^^^mack
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The is one of the true gems of the forum.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
Runaway Jim

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see a webby interview. I know he's a closeted Cowboys fan.

The_Slamman wrote:
RJ is officially the Champion
retrolock

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey thanks HT! Man, my answers were horrible, never answer anything if you're drunk. Laughing

TheStarStillShines wrote:
Another fine interview. Retro, do you get to watch games in the Philippines and do you view online or are the games actually shown on TV?

Back in the 90's we had televised NFL games which were a week delayed. Then after a while I just relied on the interwebz for updates. Recently, NFL's Game Pass has made watching all of the games much more convenient through live streaming. For 200 bucks Razz which I think is a bargain considering the coverage will be up to July 2014---plenty of time to review all our won games and lament all the lost ones.
NoFlyZone

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retrolock wrote:
Recently, NFL's Game Pass has made watching all of the games much more convenient through live streaming. For 200 bucks Razz which I think is a bargain considering the coverage will be up to July 2014---plenty of time to review all our won games and lament all the lost ones.

I've always wondered how that works. When does the game become available to watch? The day after?

^ made by CalhounLambeau

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 14 of 18

Jump to: