Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

On the Hot Seat with HT - update on Pg 17
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htfryar

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:
Wow, you might be our oldest member.

I prefer savvy.

HT you're pretty funny for a hog.

You may prefer savvy, but with your old guy ears, we will just keep calling you gramps behind your back.

Laughing

Better watchout Matts, hearing aids can work wonders. Old Mansa might hear you.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

htfryar wrote:
Matts4313 wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

I prefer savvy.

You may prefer savvy, but with your old guy ears, we will just keep calling you gramps behind your back.

Laughing

Better watchout Matts, hearing aids can work wonders. Old Mansa might hear you.

LOL...you fellas will see just how young 50 is when you get there....and savvy too.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not going to be on here this weekend, so we are getting an early version of On the Hot Seat. My guest this week is Tony7188...

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that your first name is Tony, yes?

Tony7188 wrote:
My first name is Tony, hence the screen name. My nickname in school was Shake N Bake due to my play skills in soccer.

Shake N Bake makes me think of Talladega Nights. How old are you and where do you live?

Quote:
I'm 24 years old. Baltimore, MD

What is your occupation?

Quote:
On the weekends I am a Security Guard in DC. Weekdays I'm a full-time college student looking to get my Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, which basically means I get little to no sleep during the school semester. For one of my finals, I had to construct and build self controlled traffic lights for a five way intersection... fun times Very Happy

Ugh, I bet that was fun. What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
I've chosen to be single, so I can keep my options open Very Happy

I understand that. So, I'm guessing you don't have any kids?

Quote:
Right and I'm unsure if I want any in the future.

What about pets?

Quote:
Nope but I want a dog.

Do you have any hobbies or interests?

Quote:
Football, basketball, bowling and pool. I also study Jeet Kune Do but I want to give Wing Chun a try. One of my hobbies is dancing aka Bboying. From Pop Locking to footwork I have been doing it for years. You wouldn't believe the adrenaline rush you get with a spotlight on you and a crowd full of people watching. Lastly, I am a sneaker head. I have Jordan's, Foamposites, KD's, Lebrons and I can have a conversation with you for an hour about the shoes. I'm one of the people you would see standing outside the mall all night waiting for a shoe release rain, sleet or snow Very Happy

Drink of choice?

Quote:
Inexperienced drinker but my drink is Blue Motorcycle. If we are talking beer, I've only had four kinds (Coors, Corona, Dos Equis and National Bohemian) but Dos Equis is good. I'm open to suggestions if you know any good drinks though.

Coke and Captain is my mixed drink of choice. I'm sure you'll get plenty of other opinions though. How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
I thought I could change the screen name later so I made it my name and birthday combined. You can imagine how surprised I was when I went back and couldn't change it.

Yep. You and every single poster who based their screen name off of the play of Roy Williams, Julius Jones or countless other players who failed to meet expectations all felt the sting of Webby's rules. So, living in Baltimore, how did you become a Cowboys fan?

Quote:
I was raised to be a Cowboy fan from birth by my father, a Texas native from the city of Kilgore. One of my first memories I can remember as a kid is the '93-'94 Cowboys beating the Bills in the SB with Jimmy Johnson and the Triplets. I liked the Cowboys as a kid but when I got to look at their history I grew to love them and what they stood for. The funniest thing about it all is my mother is a Washington Redskin fan.

Who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
My favorite current player is Morris Claiborne. I watched him at LSU and I think he has a chance to be a great CB for Dallas. All-time favorite Cowboy is Michael Irvin. His leadership, production and love for the game was a great thing to watch.

Well, thanks for stopping by and I'm glad you decided to stick around. Guys, tune in next Friday for possibly the last segment of On the Hot Seat with HT. Seriously, it might be the last one. I only have 1 more interview lined up. If you want to be a part of this thread or have someone you would like to see interviewed, PM me.

“Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.”
CowboysTilIDie

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good stuff once again!

Huge props to LORK for the sig

Official Supporter of "The Process."
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HT, buddy, do you not know how to hyper link? It would be nice to go to the first page and jump to a interview.

And I honestly thought Tony was 15. Laughing

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
htfryar

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since we aren't getting many responses to the thread, no one has suggested any new people for me to interview and no one has said that they would like to be interviewed, this is likely the last installment of On the Hot Seat with HT. Joining me at this time is mco65...

Start off by giving us your first name...

mco65 wrote:
Marty

How old are you and where are you from?

Quote:
47 and Atlanta, GA.. but I grew up in Nashville, TN and have lived in a dozen or so states including TX, right there in Arlington.. this was prior to the new stadium...

What is your occupation?

Quote:
Network Engineer and website(s) owner

What is your marital/relationship status?

Quote:
married

Do you have any kids?

Quote:
yea, 4.. 2 boys and 2 girls. the youngest 2 are boy/girl twins.

What about pets?

Quote:
none, my twins are allergic to cats/dogs.

Do you have any hobbies/interests?

Quote:
Other than football, I like to play golf. I run several websites that keep me busy when I am not at work or at one of my kids activities.

I bet Matts is wondering if any of them are adult wedbsites. WHat is your drink of choice?

Quote:
no hard liqueur.. I typically keep Yuengling in the fridge.

How did you pick your screen name?

Quote:
my initials plus year of birth..

How and why did you become a Dallas Cowboys fan?

Quote:
Long story, but back in 1975, we lived in Nashville and I just starting to watch Football. My mom bought me a rain coat that was blue and had the COWBOYS on it. Some kids at school teased me and said the VIKINGS were the best team.. so I told my mom that I didn't want to wear the coat.. she told me the Cowobys were much better than the Vikings and sure enough a few weeks later they met in the Playoffs and the Cowboys beat the Vikings.. (see Hail Mary). The next weekend I watched the Cowboys dominate the RAMS 37-7 (my fondest memory) and advance to Super Bowl X. I lost a .50 cent bet with my Dad that the Cowboys would win and even though they lost Super Bowl X to the Steelers, I was hooked on the Cowboys!!!

I have a similar story. My mom liked the Cowboys and bought me a satin jacket before Easter 1978. I've been hooked ever since. Enough about me though, who is your favorite current player? And all-time favorite?

Quote:
Current is Demarcus Ware. He is the most consistent player on this team and just a more few typical DWare seasons away from the Hall of Fame..

All Time: Roger Staubach. I feel sorry for those many many fans who never saw Roger Play.. there has never been a better Cowboy player in their history.. I saw Staubach bring the Cowboys back from SO many sure defeats that you simply started to take it for granted.. you almost knew Staubach would lead a comeback win... that was a good feeling..

Both are good choices. I almost wish I was old enough to have seen Staubach play. Well, it has been fun doing this and getting to know these guys better. I kinda hate to see it end. If you like this thread and either want to be a part of it or have someone you would like to see interviewed, PM me. Otherwise, there will be no more On the Hot Seat with HT.

Matts4313

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I typically keep Yuengling in the fridge.

Sounds like a great person to me.

plan9misfit wrote:

If we're able to go 11-5 or better, then Garrett and his staff deserve to be coaches of the damned decade.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mco65 came from the days of stability in the organization. Going into the season we knew Dallas at least had a chance. The players from the 70's were larger than life. Not having espn and 3 million other channels you couldn't wait to read the newspaper everyday and get whatever tidbit you could. It seemed like Sunday would never get here.

To watch what has transpired the last 15 years is sickening. And one little three letter word (ego) is responsible for all of it.
cromagnum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

I prefer savvy.

Wow 50 years old. Didn't think we had a member over 40 to be honest.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

I prefer savvy.

Yes sir and it's a good life....especially if you understand what the Cowboys are now.
Texas_OutLaw7

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mco65, that is a fantastic story as to how you became a Cowboys fan.

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.
HDsportsfan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea...i'll miss these little bios
cromagnum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Football Mensa wrote:
cromagnum wrote:
Football Mensa wrote:
Quote:

I prefer savvy.

Yes sir and it's a good life....especially if you understand what the Cowboys are now.

Shoot im 37 and i feel old lol. I remember the White years a little bit and the lean years before Jimmy and Jerry came.
cromagnum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I became a Cowboys fan because of my father. He came into this country in the late 60's from Croatia(exYugoslavia) and had no idea what football even was but he loved Cowboy movies. He came to NY and i remember him telling me there were alot of Cowboys fans in NY and since he loved Cowboy movies he started to root for them. As a kid i rooted for both the Jets and Cowboys but when my father got me a Cowboys helmet for my 7th birthday i was hooked.
Football Mensa

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cromagnum wrote:
Well I became a Cowboys fan because of my father. He came into this country in the late 60's from Croatia(exYugoslavia) and had no idea what football even was but he loved Cowboy movies. He came to NY and i remember him telling me there were alot of Cowboys fans in NY and since he loved Cowboy movies he started to root for them. As a kid i rooted for both the Jets and Cowboys but when my father got me a Cowboys helmet for my 7th birthday i was hooked.

That's awesome Cromagnum. The White years were some good years. We just didn't get the breaks. I think we would have smoked Cincinnati in the superbowl the year we lost because of "the catch".

Are you familiar with CroCop ?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 10 of 18

Jump to: