Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Veteran help?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chaosisgolden

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Veteran help? Reply with quote

Veteran's yearly salaries are no longer guaranteed. Do the Packers look at bringing in some veteran help? Maybe at DB?

Rotoworld's put together a list of available guys. Lots of ex-Packers. Anyone you guys would want to take a look at?

http://www.rotoworld.com/articles/nfl/41331/74/best-available-nfl-free-agents
scarb24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's up with Ellis and Castillo? Wouldn't mind kicking them in the tires.
ECPackers

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

how bout...ooo IDK, NICK COLLINS? if he's gonna play, we might as well play him.
Bucks
Badgers
IrishGreen

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wouldn't mind bringing in andre carter for a workout

El Ramster on the amazing work
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Would have loved to see Pep back there and Wood around the LOS making plays all game. What a dumb cut for TT, still dont get it. Zombo can be injured and collect a paycheck every season, but Pep, who actually contributes to the team, can't take some time to recover from a knee cleanout? MD Jennings is terrible and was pulled from the game. McMillian has got potential, but he is no Nick Collins and ready to make the starting transition from a small school. Pep is sooooo much better than what we have there.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've always like OJ Atogwe. Solid player. Great guy. Creates turnovers. There's gotta be something I'm missing, since he's a FA, but I think he'd be worth a look.

.flash on the sig
ugLymayNe

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tttmikeb wrote:
I've always like OJ Atogwe. Solid player. Great guy. Creates turnovers. There's gotta be something I'm missing, since he's a FA, but I think he'd be worth a look.

He is a poor mans Darren Sharper, giving up about the same amount of plays that he makes. Throw in the fact that he is as useless as Jennings at filling vs the run, and he isn't an upgrade.

And about Peprah - I'd rather take our chances with our two young safeties over Peprah. Not only is he as out of place as much as McMillain he doesn't have the athletic ability to make up for his mistakes. He isn't a sure tackler, doesn't pay attention to when the defense makes a call at the line.

I would rather take my chances with McMillian than either of them.

Sig brought to you by Justo
{Family Ghost}

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:
how bout...ooo IDK, NICK COLLINS? if he's gonna play, we might as well play him.

If he gets cleared and he's hell bent on playing again he should be signed. I don't think the Packers will do it because they are one of the most conservative teams in the NFL when it comes to injury ... but they freakin' need him badly. It's link everything fell apart when he was injured, and we've never recovered.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugLymayNe wrote:
tttmikeb wrote:

He is a poor mans Darren Sharper, giving up about the same amount of plays that he makes. Throw in the fact that he is as useless as Jennings at filling vs the run, and he isn't an upgrade.

And about Peprah - I'd rather take our chances with our two young safeties over Peprah. Not only is he as out of place as much as McMillain he doesn't have the athletic ability to make up for his mistakes. He isn't a sure tackler, doesn't pay attention to when the defense makes a call at the line.

Pretty wrong about Pep IMO, athletically he is a liability, but he lays the wood and was excellent during the Super Bowl season when we actually had a pass rush. Safety is different this year, not only could it potentially be a liability, but because of that we are taking our best defensive player away from what he does best. This defense needs Chuck at the LOS, it needs a safety that can at least go through the motions back there and allow us to move Wood back to the slot.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not interested in Atogwe. No one else is either. Had several visits with teams including Chiefs and Lions and they didn't sign him. Philly let him go. Maybe a few years ago, but not now.
CentralFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about we trade three first rounders and Clay Matthews for Eric Berry?

Seriously, though, give these guys some time. It's unrealistic to expect them to come in and make this defense a top-10 unit in week one. Sure, it sucks now and there are some issues, but they're correctable with experience and chemistry. Give them a shot.
incognito_man

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
Would have loved to see Pep back there and Wood around the LOS making plays all game. What a dumb cut for TT, still dont get it. Zombo can be injured and collect a paycheck every season, but Pep, who actually contributes to the team, can't take some time to recover from a knee cleanout? MD Jennings is terrible and was pulled from the game. McMillian has got potential, but he is no Nick Collins and ready to make the starting transition from a small school. Pep is sooooo much better than what we have there.

Yeah, you didn't read the part about him being injured and needing the knee surgery we asked him to get last year?

There's a reason he's not on anybody's roster.
Packerraymond

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

incognito_man wrote:
Packerraymond wrote:

Yeah, you didn't read the part about him being injured and needing the knee surgery we asked him to get last year?

There's a reason he's not on anybody's roster.

Apparently no one else read that rumor was wrong??

Quote:
Packers SS Charlie Peprah is sitting out OTAs after undergoing arthroscopic knee surgery earlier in the offseason.

http://www.rotoworld.com/recent/nfl/3963/charlie-peprah

HE was supposed to be ready for TC and had a setback, thats why he was cut. He should be good to play now though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ECPackers wrote:

if you paid close attention, he was on the packers sidelines & was named an honorary captain for the game this past sunday

needless to say his NFL career is most likely over... but wouldnt be surprised to see him around the packers front office doing something in the near future... even if hes jsut a sidekick for DPerry & the safety group
rbens06

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packerraymond wrote:
ugLymayNe wrote:
tttmikeb wrote:

Pretty wrong about Pep IMO, athletically he is a liability, but he lays the wood and was excellent during the Super Bowl season when we actually had a pass rush. Safety is different this year, not only could it potentially be a liability, but because of that we are taking our best defensive player away from what he does best. This defense needs Chuck at the LOS, it needs a safety that can at least go through the motions back there and allow us to move Wood back to the slot.

I think that Peprah would have been ok back there, but nothing more than we really have now. As mentioned, he is far less athletic and cannot compensate for some of his short comings. He did give some big hits, but he was not a sure tackling safety, he tended to go for big hits rather than make the sure tackle, Nicks' play comes to mind here. Finally, I think that Peprah looked much better back there with Collins because Collins could make up for Peprah, whereas now his weaknesses are much more exposed. Overall, I think that the injury and 2 plus million salary contributed to his release. We saved a good chunk of money by releasing him and did not drop off substantially to the next player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: