Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Wobbles!

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
5 Trophies


Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!
_________________
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Desperado82


Joined: 20 Feb 2010
Posts: 28356
Location: Maryland
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!


Just like when we got a 1st from them, they screwed us again
_________________

^^^mack
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Tony7188


Joined: 02 Jan 2011
Posts: 3497
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!


Just like when we got a 1st from them, they screwed us again


Dallas is going to annihilate them when they play
_________________

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2970
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!


Just like when we got a 1st from them, they screwed us again


Dallas is going to annihilate them when they play



Let us not forget this IS week1, gentelemen. Lots of time to correct mistakes.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
5 Trophies


Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?
_________________
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rtnldave


Joined: 10 Feb 2008
Posts: 2970
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?


I'm sure they realize but the coach of the Browns is not going to start a QB that has proven inept after 2 years in the league. Sure Weeden looked awful, but it was only his 1st NFL game. McCoy has looked awful for 2 years. Better to roll the dice with unknown bad QB then the 1 you are certain of.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
5 Trophies


Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Good point but they had Bernie Kosar on the sidelines Smile
_________________
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
textaz03


Moderator
Joined: 09 Nov 2004
Posts: 11337
Location: Land of the Jersey Devil!
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?


I'm sure they realize but the coach of the Browns is not going to start a QB that has proven inept after 2 years in the league. Sure Weeden looked awful, but it was only his 1st NFL game. McCoy has looked awful for 2 years. Better to roll the dice with unknown bad QB then the 1 you are certain of.
IT'S THE BROWNS!!!! Browns have been horrible for years. It all starts with the ownership! He's one of the owners who doesn't fork over money to keep FA's who have proven themself's and they dont go out and look for FA's to help that team. They currently sit in 7th in available Cap space with 13.3 Mil currently available to them this season.

As for Weeden, he is a rookie in this league, it doesn't matter if he is, what, 27 years old. He is still a rookie. He has to learn the speed of the game, work with the chump WR's that he has and a rookie RB. All that, while making his first NFL start against a very good Eagle's defense. Extremely tough task there.

There is a huge learning curve there for him. I don't expect much from the Browns except for maybe a 5 win season.
_________________




"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
johnnypocket


Joined: 22 Oct 2008
Posts: 1024
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not taking any opposing team for granted this year. There are always ways to win and lose. But I do like our chances against that Browns team, that's for sure.
_________________
Dallas Cowboys 2012

Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want the Truth?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WizardHawk


Joined: 31 Jan 2009
Posts: 10020
Location: Hawkeye State
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems.


I'd like to think you're kidding with that statement, but I don't. No way can I trust this team that much to say such a thing.
_________________

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
GeneralDissaray


Joined: 07 Apr 2006
Posts: 5436
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kills me is they go get a full drop back qb, when they have little talent in the receiver position. Why they wouldn't have waited and take Russel Wilson, who has mobility to make some plays. That's why they suck every year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mco65


Joined: 04 Feb 2011
Posts: 534
Location: US
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its only 1 game... but did the Browns not learn anything from Chris Weinke...

28 year old Rookie QBs whose last name start with a "W" cannot PLAY!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
King John


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 1191
Location: Flotown, Tx
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?


I'm sure they realize but the coach of the Browns is not going to start a QB that has proven inept after 2 years in the league. Sure Weeden looked awful, but it was only his 1st NFL game. McCoy has looked awful for 2 years. Better to roll the dice with unknown bad QB then the 1 you are certain of.


McCoy would have won that game tbh.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
5 Trophies


Joined: 06 Sep 2012
Posts: 36
Location: Arizona
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems.


I'd like to think you're kidding with that statement, but I don't. No way can I trust this team that much to say such a thing.


Actually I wasnt kidding, but I am not very realistic when it comes to the Cowboys...( see my signature )

I do have rational explanation for my thinking though:

The only team that had me worried was the Eagles. I think they have the talent and fire under their arses to be a great team this year (barring injury to Vick)

I think the Giants are happy with their Trophy from last year and will fall flat on their Faces this year, and No way Washington contends for the NFC East with a Rookie QB and so many pieces of the puzzle missing.

I am referring to the NFC East only of course. I think Green Bay and San Fransisco are both much better teams right now than the Cowboys, and Atlanta and Chicago may be close, and Detroit and New Orleans should not be taken lightly either
_________________
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group