Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Weeden Wobbles!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 Trophies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Desperado82

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!
I watched Brandon Weeden imitate a quarterback today. He completed more passes to the eagles than his own team. His passes that were not intercepted were 10 yards too high for a Tyranasourus to catch. Someone actually thought he would be the Browns best option for winning. Kill me now!!!!

Just like when we got a 1st from them, they screwed us again

^^^mack
Tony7188

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

Desperado82 wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!

Dallas is going to annihilate them when they play

ware94 wrote:
Gameball: Any remaining Cowboys fans.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 5:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Weeden Wobbles! Reply with quote

Tony7188 wrote:
Desperado82 wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
My eyes are bleeding!

Dallas is going to annihilate them when they play

Let us not forget this IS week1, gentelemen. Lots of time to correct mistakes.
5 Trophies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?
Every year I dream the Cowboys go 19-0 and have the #1 offense and defense in the league!
Romo throws 80 TD's, all receivers have 100 catches, 1500 yards and 20 TD's. Demarcus Ware has 40 sacks, and knocks out every QB he faces.
Rtnldave

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
Who cares if he corrects his mistakes now. He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems. Pathetic! I feel bad for him because he was obviously unprepared, under skilled and under coached enough to be starting in the NFL. How do professional NFL coaches not realize these things?

I'm sure they realize but the coach of the Browns is not going to start a QB that has proven inept after 2 years in the league. Sure Weeden looked awful, but it was only his 1st NFL game. McCoy has looked awful for 2 years. Better to roll the dice with unknown bad QB then the 1 you are certain of.
5 Trophies

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lol. Good point but they had Bernie Kosar on the sidelines Smile
textaz03

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:

I'm sure they realize but the coach of the Browns is not going to start a QB that has proven inept after 2 years in the league. Sure Weeden looked awful, but it was only his 1st NFL game. McCoy has looked awful for 2 years. Better to roll the dice with unknown bad QB then the 1 you are certain of.
IT'S THE BROWNS!!!! Browns have been horrible for years. It all starts with the ownership! He's one of the owners who doesn't fork over money to keep FA's who have proven themself's and they dont go out and look for FA's to help that team. They currently sit in 7th in available Cap space with 13.3 Mil currently available to them this season.

As for Weeden, he is a rookie in this league, it doesn't matter if he is, what, 27 years old. He is still a rookie. He has to learn the speed of the game, work with the chump WR's that he has and a rookie RB. All that, while making his first NFL start against a very good Eagle's defense. Extremely tough task there.

There is a huge learning curve there for him. I don't expect much from the Browns except for maybe a 5 win season.

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyways" - John Wayne
johnnypocket

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not taking any opposing team for granted this year. There are always ways to win and lose. But I do like our chances against that Browns team, that's for sure.

Do You Want New Wave Or Do You Want the Truth?
WizardHawk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

5 Trophies wrote:
He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems.

I'd like to think you're kidding with that statement, but I don't. No way can I trust this team that much to say such a thing.

Kiltman on avy n' sig
George Selvie Fan Club
GeneralDissaray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kills me is they go get a full drop back qb, when they have little talent in the receiver position. Why they wouldn't have waited and take Russel Wilson, who has mobility to make some plays. That's why they suck every year.
mco65

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know its only 1 game... but did the Browns not learn anything from Chris Weinke...

28 year old Rookie QBs whose last name start with a "W" cannot PLAY!
King John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rtnldave wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:

McCoy would have won that game tbh.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

WizardHawk wrote:
5 Trophies wrote:
He only had the 1 chance to knock off the only team who may give the Boys problems.

I'd like to think you're kidding with that statement, but I don't. No way can I trust this team that much to say such a thing.

Actually I wasnt kidding, but I am not very realistic when it comes to the Cowboys...( see my signature )

I do have rational explanation for my thinking though:

The only team that had me worried was the Eagles. I think they have the talent and fire under their arses to be a great team this year (barring injury to Vick)

I think the Giants are happy with their Trophy from last year and will fall flat on their Faces this year, and No way Washington contends for the NFC East with a Rookie QB and so many pieces of the puzzle missing.

I am referring to the NFC East only of course. I think Green Bay and San Fransisco are both much better teams right now than the Cowboys, and Atlanta and Chicago may be close, and Detroit and New Orleans should not be taken lightly either

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Dallas Cowboys All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: