Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Ravens vs Bengals GDT: Let's Win One for Art
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which second year receiver will have the bigger game?
Torrey Smith
91%
 91%  [ 22 ]
A.J. Green
8%
 8%  [ 2 ]
LaQuan Williams
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Tandon Doss
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 24

coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a 7-10 class, you see a lot of them here (at least at my university). I'm not going to night school I just prefer the later classes since I despise waking up early. I avoid classes that start before noon like the plague lol.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
It's a 7-10 class, you see a lot of them here (at least at my university). I'm not going to night school I just prefer the later classes since I despise waking up early. I avoid classes that start before noon like the plague lol.

Yeah and you only have to attend the class once a week which is awesome for the classes that I most hate. Ours used to be from 6:50- 9:50... For some reason the university thought getting out at 10 was too late because of crime and stuff... Yet they also thought those 10 minutes head start really makes a difference. Laughing

Oh and the other awesome thing was that many of my night classes would let us out like 30 minutes on occasion.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it's rare that you ever get a professor that makes you stay the entire 3 or 4 hours when you have them that late. I'm surprised that the university I go to hasn't put a time limit on the classes because of crime given the city it's in but like you said those extra few minutes don't mean anything. The once a week thing is nice.

Back on topic. It looks like Dunlap will miss the game and Kirkpatrick has already been ruled out. That bodes well for Flacco and the passing game and I'm expecting a good day from Torrey Smith. Hall will probably be shadowing Boldin most of the time leaving the likes of Clements and Newman to cover Smith. I smell a healthy dose of deep balls going to Smith tomorrow night. Probably Jones as well. Getting Dickson and Pitta back is huge. The offense is better suited to beat the Cover 2 that the Bengals have used against the Ravens in the past and I'm hoping that the quicker tempo offense Baltimore has been using this off-season helps too. The running game should be fairly productive like it always is, although I'm curious to see the affect the aforementioned quick tempo offense has on it. Rice might get the same number of touches he has in the past but running out of a power-heavy scheme with Leach blocking and running out of a single-back set that you see with that type of offense are two vastly different things.

I'm not sure about the Bengals offense. They're hard to get a feel of given the new guys they have and the potential growth of the younger players that were on the team (Dalton, Green, Gresham). What I do know is that I'm confident in the Ravens defense to hold anybody in check - as long as the pass-rush is competent. Having McClellan on the field as a starter worries me but hopefully we see quite a bit of rotation with Upshaw. Who knows maybe Kindle will finally do something too. I had such high hopes but it isn't looking good for him now. It'll be nice to see what kind of game Pees calls in a real situation too. I was pleasantly surprised with what he did in the preseason but now it's serious. The secondary had problems in the preseason games but I think they'll be fine. Having Reed on the field changes the dynamics of the coverage and he didn't play much at all in those games. Pollard has a history of declining after his first year with a team so that's something to watch for. I'm expecting the DL to play well as always and I'm still adamant in my belief that Redding won't be missed at all. Lewis will be Lewis, that's all that needs to be said. McClain will be McClain too - an underwhelming presence in the running game and a liability whenever he's in coverage.

Ravens win in a close game, something like 24-20.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing to note is that we've never lost a season opener or after a bye week in the Harbaugh era, which says something about this team's ability to perform when it has that sort of extra time to prepare.

On the other hand, last year we also established a trend of completely bizarro performances when playing in primetime. Hopefully that doesn't continue. Cautiously optimistic about tomorrow. Very excited and nervous to see if Cam goes through with the tweaks in the offense that have been promised.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very, very early division lead is on the line in this game.
nevermore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BaltimoreTerp wrote:
On the other hand, last year we also established a trend of completely bizarro performances when playing in primetime.

Pretty sure we established that one during the lulz that was the 2009 Monday Night Game against the Browns.
Or at least that's when the trouble started.

Dude, he's a football player. He's not Batman.
BaltimoreTerp

Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nevermore wrote:
BaltimoreTerp wrote:
On the other hand, last year we also established a trend of completely bizarro performances when playing in primetime.

Pretty sure we established that one during the lulz that was the 2009 Monday Night Game against the Browns.
Or at least that's when the trouble started.
True.

I have no idea why anyone thought that was worth being on national television.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
A very, very early division lead is on the line in this game.

Exactly. And really we have to try and do our best to keep up with the Patriots and Texans as well. I didn't get a chance to see how good the Texans were, but I saw the Patriots... and honestly, they looked like they had no flaws. They were just such a force with practically every single unit. It was seriously unbelievable.

If we're going to keep up with them and beat that team in the playoffs, we're going to need growth from our young pass rushers... and we're going to need to get Suggs back healthy and with enough time to get into playing shape come playoff time. Obviously injuries can happen and decimate teams, but as of right now... they're the team to beat.. and we need to keep getting better to get to that level.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider

Per a league source, don't be surprised by expanded role tonight for Ramon Harewood at left guard. Team is impressed with his progress

I wonder what that means. Maybe there's a platoon at LG? That would be way out of the ordinary but unless Harewood is starting at LG I don't see how else he could have an expanded role at the position.
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Per a league source, don't be surprised by expanded role tonight for Ramon Harewood at left guard. Team is impressed with his progress

I wonder what that means. Maybe there's a platoon at LG? That would be way out of the ordinary but unless Harewood is starting at LG I don't see how else he could have an expanded role at the position.

Shocked We could go from being very old to very young on the line.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Shocked We could go from being very old to very young on the line.

I agree... and it's possible that an expanded role could mean that we have a few packages where we have an unbalanced line and under that alignment we have Harewood in at LG (?)... just spit-balling. But yeah, like I said earlier, I was very impressed with Harewood's ability against St. Louis in that final preseason game, he held his own very well.

He looked comfortable in that game and based off the training camp reports he hadn't seen much if any time at the guard spot.. so it was pretty new. For him to look that advanced at that spot with minimal practice... I can only imagine what another week could have done to improve his understanding of the position technique-wise. He could become a starter if things fall the right way... heck, since I'm not sure what to think of the above news... he might already be a starter.

Now we'll just have to see how this youthful Oline holds up....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Harewood + KO + Oher on the leftside + lots of passing = I should have started Cinci's defense in fantasy (sacks galore incoming)

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
RavensTillIDie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
Harewood + KO + Oher on the leftside + lots of passing = I should have started Cinci's defense in fantasy (sacks galore incoming)

Aside from the inexperience, why do you think they would let up a lot of sacks? Especially given that we'll likely be running a lot of no-huddle, quick-snap type plays?

Matts4313 wrote:
Speaking of attacking kids
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens scratches: LaQuan Williams, Asa Jackson, Jah Reid, Billy Bajema, DeAngelo Tyson, Sergio Kindle and Bryan Hall.

Pretty surprised by Laquan and Kindle
rayvens4sb

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And WHY?

Ravens have cut Bobby Rainey, team announces. Anthony Allen signed from practice squad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10

Jump to: