Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Fujita and other saints players win bounty appeal.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TypicalBrowns10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Fujita and other saints players win bounty appeal. Reply with quote

Well we got one player back at least.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From the PD:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/cleveland_browns_should_have_s.html

As much as I like the youth movement, our LB corps is a little too inexperienced for my taste. Fujita's not a great player, but he should help the cause more than hurt it.

I wonder who we'll cut to make room for Fujita on the roster. My guess is Tank Carder.

Adopt-a-Brown: Desmond Bryant
2013 Stats (10 games): 24 Tkls, 3.5 Sacks, 2 Stuffs, 1 PD
bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is helpful. The last thing we need is our OLB's overruning plays and Shady McCoy cutting back. At least Fujita is always where he is supposed to be.
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess we won't have to cut anyone. At least not this week.

Scott Petrak ‏ @ ScottPetrak
# Browns were granted roster exemption for Fujita. won't have to make move for sunday. roster will be at 54

bulldog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
I guess we won't have to cut anyone. At least not this week.

Scott Petrak ‏ @ ScottPetrak
# Browns were granted roster exemption for Fujita. won't have to make move for sunday. roster will be at 54

championship!
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm gonna start calling this team "The 54"

#JDI
Drew_Carey

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This may be good for the Browns on Sunday, BUT

I think this is bad for the NFL... It continues the idea that if a player breaks the rules and gets punished by the Commissioner, all they need to do to stay on the field is to drag the case through the court system.

Never mind if the rules, punishments, and system of internal governance is established by a collective bargaining agreement.

I do not like Goddell's role in the NFL and the nearly supreme power that has been bestowed upon him, but I dont think this is the way to go either...
DawgX

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReggieCamp wrote:
From the PD:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2012/09/cleveland_browns_should_have_s.html

As much as I like the youth movement, our LB corps is a little too inexperienced for my taste. Fujita's not a great player, but he should help the cause more than hurt it.

I wonder who we'll cut to make room for Fujita on the roster. My guess is Tank Carder.

I agree. Fujita isn't very good but at least he's an experienced veteran. I woudn't be very comfortable going into Sunday with Maiava and a bunch of other rookies as the OLBs, although I do like the rookies. I hope they still get plenty of playing time, but it will be nice to have Fujita just in case the rookies don't play well.

I hope you're wrong about Carder being cut. I think he's got the potential to be a good backup at the very least,

Adopt-a-Brown: Alex Mack

hornbybrown

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Only the browns can add a player and get worse. Laughing

No just kidding we proably do need him.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

I think this is bad for the NFL... It continues the idea that if a player breaks the rules and gets punished by the Commissioner, all they need to do to stay on the field is to drag the case through the court system.

Never mind if the rules, punishments, and system of internal governance is established by a collective bargaining agreement.

I do not like Goddell's role in the NFL and the nearly supreme power that has been bestowed upon him, but I dont think this is the way to go either...

Um, check your facts.

I know this is pretty confusing, but please educate yourself before forming a opinion.

This ruling did not come from a judge or the court system. It came from a tribunal formed within the confines of the CBA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/07/appeals-panel-overturns-bounty-suspensions/

Mike Florio wrote:
In the end, Judge Berrigan didnít have to issue a ruling at all.

An internal appeals panel has overturned the bounty suspensions imposed on the players

As to Judge Berrigan, she may still issue a ruling adopting and enforcing the outcome of the internal appeal, giving federal credibility to the decision of the panel.
MalcolmBrown

Location: 2013 Adopt a Brownie: Leon McFadden: 1 solo tackle, 1 assist
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Um, check your facts.

I know this is pretty confusing, but please educate yourself before forming a opinion.

This ruling did not come from a judge or the court system. It came from a tribunal formed within the confines of the CBA.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/09/07/appeals-panel-overturns-bounty-suspensions/

Mike Florio wrote:

An internal appeals panel has overturned the bounty suspensions imposed on the players

As to Judge Berrigan, she may still issue a ruling adopting and enforcing the outcome of the internal appeal, giving federal credibility to the decision of the panel.

I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday when they were talking to Jonathan Vilma's lawyer, and basically he said the panel determined that Goodell was not within his rights as commissioner (according to the CBA) to hand out the punishment that he did, at least so far as the players, also the manner in which he collected and distributed information about the scandal, which ultimately led to his decision to suspend the players, was determined to be grossly unfair (withholding evidence from the players for an amount of time, and then not releasing all of the evidence collected to the players so they could properly build a defense for themselves.)

All in all, it's a wakeup call to Roger, that he needs to reread that CBA as well before he starts galavanting around with "unlimited power". Chink in the armor for sure, imo.

Reppin in Athens, Ohio AKA South Cleveland
JCBrowns21

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MalcolmBrown wrote:
ditchdigger wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Um, check your facts.

Mike Florio wrote:

I was listening to ESPN Radio yesterday when they were talking to Jonathan Vilma's lawyer, and basically he said the panel determined that Goodell was not within his rights as commissioner (according to the CBA) to hand out the punishment that he did, at least so far as the players, also the manner in which he collected and distributed information about the scandal, which ultimately led to his decision to suspend the players, was determined to be grossly unfair (withholding evidence from the players for an amount of time, and then not releasing all of the evidence collected to the players so they could properly build a defense for themselves.)

All in all, it's a wakeup call to Roger, that he needs to reread that CBA as well before he starts galavanting around with "unlimited power". Chink in the armor for sure, imo.

Looks like Fujita won't play this week, but it is a wake up call for Roger and I'm happy for the players. Of all the suspended players, Fujita was least deserving of a suspension in the first place.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ditchdigger wrote:
Drew_Carey wrote:

Um, check your facts.

Mike Florio wrote:

I know that there are multiple processes regarding player appeals (and many other issues) that are ongoing. What I heard on espn that morning before I posted was that it was a court ruling, not via internal processes. Reporter error.

No need to be impolite.

As to my point, a growing number of disputes are being taken to our court systems. Simply because an internal panel ruled in favor of these players on this case does not mean that there is not a elephant in the room....
ReggieCamp

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fujita is officially back on the roster. The Browns didn't have to cut anyone to make room for him, since Haden's suspension left an open roster spot.

Fujita is expected to play this week at Cincy.

buno67

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drew_Carey wrote:

yeah but still, if they are still found in the wrong the player will still get in trouble. So they might not get punished right away but they will get punished down the road

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: