Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

When Does Terrell Suggs Come Back

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Which game does Suggs return for?
11/4 at Cleveland
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
11/11 vs Oakland
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
11/18 at Pittsburgh
18%
 18%  [ 4 ]
11/25 at San Diego
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
12/2 vs Pittsburgh
22%
 22%  [ 5 ]
12/9 at Washington
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
12/16 vs Denver
27%
 27%  [ 6 ]
12/23 vs New York
9%
 9%  [ 2 ]
12/30 at Cincinnati
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
The Playoffs
4%
 4%  [ 1 ]
The Super Bowl
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Next Season
13%
 13%  [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 22

alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:40 pm    Post subject: When Does Terrell Suggs Come Back Reply with quote

My bet is November 18th, against the Steelers in Pittsburgh
mddeckie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he returns for the second pittsburgh game. And gets 3+ sacks against big ben Twisted Evil
sp6488

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Re: When Does Terrell Suggs Come Back Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
My bet is November 18th, against the Steelers in Pittsburgh

I think that will try to get back by the first PIT game.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went with Denver. I think he'll come back during a home game, and I highly doubt it'll be one against the Steelers. Those games are extremely physical as it is, so bringing a guy back in from an achilles injury isn't going to happen in a game like that. Though, I do think, if he's able, he'll be brought back in before the playoffs to knock the rust off so that come January, he's ready to go. But honestly, it wouldn't shock me if we don't see him at all this season.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
I went with Denver. I think he'll come back during a home game, and I highly doubt it'll be one against the Steelers. Those games are extremely physical as it is, so bringing a guy back in from an achilles injury isn't going to happen in a game like that. Though, I do think, if he's able, he'll be brought back in before the playoffs to knock the rust off so that come January, he's ready to go. But honestly, it wouldn't shock me if we don't see him at all this season.

You stole my answer verbatim!! Evil or Very Mad

Just kidding. But honestly everything you said, were my thoughts on the situation. The Steelers games are just too physical. As while I think he'll want to give it a go in such a big game, I think the coaching staff has shown that they're extra cautious with these injuries. Unless Suggs is looking 90% at that point, I can't see him returning.

More likely I think he's still building back explosiveness at the end of the season and by about the Denver game he'll be at about 85% or so and we'll start to gradually introduce him back...

Plus I can't see the media frenzy for that game. Peyton Manning having returned this season and then Sugge returning for that game. Manning vs DPOY. Yeah... It's happening. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it has a lot to do with what our record is come middle of November. If we have a decent lead in the AFC North then I think we hold him until a few games before the playoffs and keep him on a snap count just to get him to shake off rust.

If we don't need him until the playoffs, why risk it? I'd say activate him week 16 and gradually ease him into his role again. So come playoff time, he is ready

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it depends on how our defense is doing, honestly...

If our pass rush steps up and our defense ends up being a top-5 D like we usually are, I can see him sitting out until at least the playoffs / next season, because that's the smart thing to do on his part.

However, it is Terrell and I wouldn't be surprised to see him back in December before the playoffs.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
Meco

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spoiler Alert: He won't.
ceejay

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meco wrote:

Spoiler alert, if you have a sister. She's getting railed as we speak. #PhillyTrash

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ceejay wrote:
Meco wrote:

Spoiler alert, if you have a sister. She's getting railed as we speak. #PhillyTrash

Actually, I don't live in Philly just like you don't live in Baltimore.

I thought Canadians were supposed to be nice...
Kiltman

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was upset when I heard he got hurt, I've had him as my IDP carryover in my fantasy league for years. Since he's listed as Rush I could always cheat the system and put him at DL. Always got me big points. Smile

I wish he'd be back against the Cowboys, but I voted The December Pittsburgh game. Just seems appropriate. I don't think he'll be heavily used but will be in for key situations to ease him back in. Think his first full game would be Denver though. Hopefully he's full strength and terrorizes the Giants week 16.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After today, Suggs comes back in early December.

Steve Smith Sr. on Panthers Secondary wrote:
"I'm 35 years old and I ran around those boys like they was schoolyard kids."
alfalcone

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PFT@NBC wrote:
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Suggs will return on October 21 or November 4, the two games on either side of the teamís October 28 bye.

DB424 edit: When posting links to other sites for news, please quote at least a few sentences worth of info about the link you're referencing. Thanks!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
PFT@NBC wrote:
Chris Mortensen of ESPN reports that Suggs will return on October 21 or November 4, the two games on either side of the teamís October 28 bye.

DB424 edit: When posting links to other sites for news, please quote at least a few sentences worth of info about the link you're referencing. Thanks!

I honestly will take a wait and see approach here. Honestly, I know they're saying that he's supposed to be back within the month, but I'll still stick with my original prediction until I see Suggs on the field. What I don't want is for him to return and look like a total scrub. I'd rather they hold him out for a few weeks, build the strength back up as much as possible in the tendon and go from there. Harbaugh is usually good about keeping players from returning too soon though.

I just can't fathom such an early return from such an injury... unless of course advancements in the treatment for Achilles injuries has improved to a good point over the past couple seasons and has allowed for quicker returns. Call me a skeptic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awww hell yeah. Damn near perfect team when Sizzle gets back out there.

Just thought of it now but sucks he wasn't part of the Patriots win. They HATE him so much over there.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: