Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Raiders release 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke Reply with quote

Quote:
To make room for former #Eagles CB Joselio Hanson the #Raiders are waiving 2011 3rd round pick CB DeMarcus Van Dyke.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242631176639098881
Tom Brady Tribute
dante9876

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No more Scholarships here. I love it. CC and DVD was both pretty bad. They was bad picks in the first place. Happy new management isnt going to let sucky play slide cause you are a 3rd or 4th round pick.
true2form

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:
No more Scholarships here. I love it. CC and DVD was both pretty bad. They was bad picks in the first place. Happy new management isnt going to let sucky play slide cause you are a 3rd or 4th round pick.

Holy schnikes!

This would have never happened under Al. It sucks that neither of them panned out, but it's nice to see them decisively move forward.
Django

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DVD was supposedly the best corner in camp. ouch.
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ya know for a second I thought he actually saved himself with the couple plays he made in Thursday's game. He and Checkwa were bad picks at the time and both reaches. Al's love of speed over technique at work.

Too bad Checkwa is still with us on the Practice Squad. Glad Hanson is finally here. Inglewoooood!

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
big_palooka

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

+1. Just brings to light how terrible those draft selections were. Which we all knew it. Feels good to not have to defend these picks any longer.

DVD was a horrible pick. 3rd round, you take a benched Miami player with 'potential' when you are desperate for a starting caliber player?

Glad these two are gone. Both we typical Davis projects. Speed and no football intelligence.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kinda wanted to keep him another year, but I'm cool with not having him around I guess. Especially since he can't do returns and isn't that good in coverage.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?
RaiderX

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blu Ray FTW!

SaveourSonics wrote:
Yea, RaiderX wins. We can all just top acting like this is a matter of opinion. MY GOD.
JTagg7754

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love having a regime who cares more about winning and less about keeping their guy.

Love this moved based on principle alone.

PM sig requests.
true2form

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver&Black88 wrote:
Kinda wanted to keep him another year, but I'm cool with not having him around I guess. Especially since he can't do returns and isn't that good in coverage.

I thought the same about keeping him and Chekwa around to try and develop, but getting guy I wanted in Hanson really makes up for it. Adding Chekwa to the PS where he belongs also helps. I'm just surprised DVD is gone over Francies and others.
big_palooka

Really says something when Coye Francies joined the team late and they cut VHS over him.

The Raiders depth at CB w/ Hanson and Lee is a lot stronger today that Chimney and VHS.

Good moves by the FO to put a band aid on the CB situation for now.

Silver&Black88 wrote:

I agree, had he contributed more on ST somehow I doubt they would have let him go. Personally I hope he makes the PS over Chewka because there still is some potential there. His issues are mostly mental.

Love that we signed Hanson. I am assuming Underwood makes the roster as soon as he is healthy as well if possible.

Routt Bartell
Johnson Spencer
DVD Hanson
Chewka Lee
Sheppard Adams
McCann Francois

We definatley got stronger against the run in the secondary, nickel was upgraded and most of the back end are good ST players. Not bad.
Billy Spikes

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TiberiusRising wrote:
Personally I hope he makes the PS over Chewka because there still is some potential there. His issues are mostly mental.

Quote:
For anyone wondering, DeMarcus Van Dyke played 14 games last season [4 starts] and cannot be signed to a practice squad. Lost eligibility.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242642001605058560
Tom Brady Tribute
LivingLegendWFC

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dante9876 wrote:

That's really all that needs to be said. DVD just wasn't very good and was shipped out because of it, it didn't matter where he was drafted. Hansen is an upgrade that's for sure.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billy Spikes wrote:
TiberiusRising wrote:
Personally I hope he makes the PS over Chewka because there still is some potential there. His issues are mostly mental.

Quote:
For anyone wondering, DeMarcus Van Dyke played 14 games last season [4 starts] and cannot be signed to a practice squad. Lost eligibility.

http://twitter.com/NFL_RealUpdates/statuses/242642001605058560

That's what I thought too. Probably the right move to just release him with out lack of cap room and needing an upgrade at CB.

ravens_rool28 wrote:
Did somebody mention teens?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Oakland Raiders All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 1 of 12

Jump to: