Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Former Browns/Ravens owner Art Modell Dies
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dawgpoun8017

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:55 am    Post subject: Former Browns/Ravens owner Art Modell Dies Reply with quote

Just heard On sportcenter that longtime former browns owner artodell is in a naltimore hospital in failing health. Described as vital organs failing and family is gathering @ the hospital.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/ravens-owner-art-modell-dies-87-17169142

I have added an article regarding the situation. I will be monitoring this thread closely. We can discuss this but keep it civil.

EZ

BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I fear people will have too much animosity towards him.
pnies20

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saw this. RIP Art.

That's as good as it'll get.

<3 JF
hornbybrown

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought he died last year Confused

Adopt a Brown 2014
Miles Austin 16 Recs 169 Yds 2 TD's
Pierre Desir
brownie_415

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He had a good run.
MetcalfUpMiddle

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultimate irony would be if they'd have relocated him to the Cleveland Clinic.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:

He never asked for forgiveness, I have no real reason to give him any. I'm sorry he's in the hospital (a Baltimore station is apparently reporting he has passed per the Ravens forum) and I feel bad for his family.

Our animosity is justly placed, so long as people don't start dancing on his grave. Though I expect there will be some of that, catharsis from a decade of failure we have had to go through while his team got to be good because he finally did things in Baltimore he refused to do in Cleveland.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/09/06/former-ravens-owner-art-modell-hospitalized/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me, one of the saddest parts is seeing what possibly could have been with the Baltimore Ravens winning a Superbowl, having Ozzie Newsome as their GM, and having players like Ray Lewis on the team.

Peace!!

Sig By Kempes
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
BooyaCS

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
BooyaCS wrote:

He never asked for forgiveness, I have no real reason to give him any. I'm sorry he's in the hospital (a Baltimore station is apparently reporting he has passed per the Ravens forum) and I feel bad for his family.

Our animosity is justly placed, so long as people don't start dancing on his grave. Though I expect there will be some of that, catharsis from a decade of failure we have had to go through while his team got to be good because he finally did things in Baltimore he refused to do in Cleveland.

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/09/06/former-ravens-owner-art-modell-hospitalized/

I tend to agree that the animosity is justly placed. However I feel that we cannot move on until we forgive him to some extent. What he did wasn't good he should have sold the team. However if the city collectively forgives him and allows him to be posthumously inducted into the HOF it may just lift the sports curse in Cleveland.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oye, this means the Ravens may be winning the Super Bowl because they are going to be jacked up. If they dedicate their win in Cleveland to him I'll lose it. You guys should try to live around the Ravens fans, its tough.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Estonianzulu wrote:
Oye, this means the Ravens may be winning the Super Bowl because they are going to be jacked up. If they dedicate their win in Cleveland to him I'll lose it. You guys should try to live around the Ravens fans, its tough.

Thats why, love him or hate him, the Browns should dedicate their wins to him and get real jacked up and who knows maybe, just maybe we get lightning in a bottle and win the whole f---ing thing.
Estonianzulu

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BooyaCS wrote:
Estonianzulu wrote:

Thats why, love him or hate him, the Browns should dedicate their wins to him and get real jacked up and who knows maybe, just maybe we get lightning in a bottle and win the whole f---ing thing.

Yeah, don't think that would fly well with the fans.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think our small consolation is that he never saw his bust entered into Canton which had to have been a big deal to him... but he did do a lot of philanthropy work around the city and with the Cleveland Clinic in particular, so I'm content with just closing that chapter of hatred, not doing any grave dancing as EZ said, and just moving on.
nugpimpen

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MetcalfUpMiddle wrote:
Ultimate irony would be if they'd have relocated him to the Cleveland Clinic.

So he could get Staph!

IDOG_det on the incredible sig!
buno67

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

idk, i dont blame Art moving the Browns but the problems he had in Cleveland are problems he built.

he found a loop hole to make a lot of money for himself and not for the city of Cleveland. The loop hole closes and he starts asking the city for money and they basically refuse. He got mad that the Indians and Cavs got new homes but he was one of the reasons why they got new homes.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Cleveland Browns All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 1 of 10

Jump to: