Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

AD taking big strides.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
P-Willy52

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: AD taking big strides. Reply with quote

http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2012/09/28/49ers-anthony-davis-is-improving-fast/

Quote:
In other words, Davis is maturing into what the 49ers hoped he could become when they drafted him, at 20, more than two years ago: one of the NFLs best at his position.

In my opinion, hes one of the premier right tackles in the game, Jets coach Rex Ryan said. Youve got a guy whos got all the athleticism that you look for. A power player. He finishes. Hes good in pass protection. A tremendous athlete. So hes got all the tools.

Good to see, he took a lot of flack in his first two seasons(most deserved) but now it looks like the niners will come out with gold on another pick Cool Cool

overall good article to read.

1-0
in po we trust

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good thing AD is progressing because it looks like we're gonna have to start calling for Alex Boone to move to LEFT tackle with how bad Staley has been.

Future O-Line?

Boone - Iupati - Kilgore - Looney - Davis

?????????

*(as an extra blocker)
4evera9er

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
Good thing AD is progressing because it looks like we're gonna have to start calling for Alex Boone to move to LEFT tackle with how bad Staley has been.

Future O-Line?

?????????

Given the size of his contract extension, i'm fairly certain Staley will still be on our O line.
in po we trust

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4evera9er wrote:
in po we trust wrote:

Future O-Line?

?????????

Given the size of his contract extension, i'm fairly certain Staley will still be on our O line.

Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere, either. I was just making a joke at the fact that for the past 2 years people have called for Boone to replace AD at RT. Although, I don't think Staley is necessarily unmovable. I think his contract is very team friendly and if the team wanted to they could trade him away without huge cap ramifications.

*(as an extra blocker)
4evera9er

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:
4evera9er wrote:
in po we trust wrote:

Future O-Line?

?????????

Yeah, I don't think he's going anywhere, either. I was just making a joke at the fact that for the past 2 years people have called for Boone to replace AD at RT. Although, I don't think Staley is necessarily unmovable. I think his contract is very team friendly and if the team wanted to they could trade him away without huge cap ramifications.

I can't see us trading him either. He's a Pro Bowl level player getting off to a slow start. Not an excuse because he needs to pick up the slack asap, but I don't think he's permanently regressed.
John232

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, this is the only bad season Joe has hard in his career.

And we have to remember, a defensive end gets dominated for 95% of the day on passing plays, he still gets told he won the battle because he got one, maybe two sacks.

Linemen always get the most unfair scrutiny imo.

Give Staley some time to really mess this up before we start calling for his replacement.

And yeah, AD has been close to flawless this year.

xsaMainevent on the sig
J-ALL-DAY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another solid outing from Davis aside from the personal foul penalty that they didn't show us.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 11:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John232 wrote:

And we have to remember, a defensive end gets dominated for 95% of the day on passing plays, he still gets told he won the battle because he got one, maybe two sacks.

Give Staley some time to really mess this up before we start calling for his replacement.

But I dont think Staley has ever had a good season. Last season wasnt good although he went to the probowl. most of us didnt see pro bowl quality.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

J-ALL-DAY wrote:
Another solid outing from Davis aside from the personal foul penalty that they didn't show us.

Agreed. Best test for him this Sunday against Mario Williams though.

Sig credit goes to IDOG_det
SoS wrote:
Pete is just an arrogant wanna-be Jim Harbaugh but he's just not as smart.
Smile
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sbrown wrote:
John232 wrote:

But I dont think Staley has ever had a good season. Last season wasnt good although he went to the probowl. most of us didnt see pro bowl quality.

As much as I have defended him in this thread I will agree with you here as well. But I think a lot of that has had to do with the general performance of the team/o-line. I was a bit shocked that he got voted last year but I still thought he played well.
NINERFAN_4_LIFE

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in po we trust wrote:

Future O-Line?

?????????

I am right there with you. I do like how boone and davis have been working together tho, hate to break that up but Boone is definitely a more natural T than Joe Staley and I dont think he would struggle with the bull rush nearly as much as Joe has. I was kind of thinking that joe could become another TE for us. he played it in college and I think he has pretty decent hands. We could use him to sit in holes in zones and move the chains every now and then. he would be versatile and Im sure roman could figure out ways to work him in

Please resign Frank Gore, Chris culliver and perrish cox
4evera9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Isn't Boone too tall to be at LT? I don't know his measurements but he looks way to big to block against more mobile pass rushers.
Chrissooner49er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

4evera9er wrote:
Isn't Boone too tall to be at LT? I don't know his measurements but he looks way to big to block against more mobile pass rushers.

Many LT are tall--it usually means they have a wider "wingspan" for the opposing DE to get around.
oldman9er

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 7:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boone would be a good LT, but I think we should leave things be. I like what we have going. We just need to give Staley some chip blocks and help him out more against the best rushers.

Also looks certain to me that our interior OL has been making most of their mistakes in pass pro due to poor awareness in Zone Blocking. When initially free, they are focusing too long on helping their OTs while letting someone penetrate their gap inside. That has to stop.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Staley has been a dominant run blocker but has struggled a bit in the pass protection department. However, he has bounced back in both games he struggled and played very well against the Jets. Our interior OL gets a big test against Kyle Williams this week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> San Francisco 49ers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: