Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WillParks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:14 pm    Post subject: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade? Reply with quote

The Lions filled their last two practice squad slots:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_round_out_practi.html#incart_flyout_sports

It seems like the Lions are positioning themselves to make a trade or trades to open up a roster spot. I hate to bring this up but maybe Louis Delmas will be moved top PuP or IR. What are some possible moves that we might be considering? Thoughts?
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:17 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
I hate to bring this up but maybe Louis Delmas will be moved top PuP or IR. What are some possible moves that we might be considering? Thoughts?
Impossible. He is too awesome.

R.I.P. Stylish
YlionsY

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade Reply with quote

IDOG_det wrote:
WillParks wrote:
I hate to bring this up but maybe Louis Delmas will be moved top PuP or IR. What are some possible moves that we might be considering? Thoughts?
Impossible. He is too awesome.

But really is he moving to the PUP or IR? That would be devastating to our secondary.

If that is the route he goes, I think we stick with what we have and deal with it in the offseason.
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:07 am    Post subject: Re: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_round_out_practi.html#incart_flyout_sports

It seems like the Lions are positioning themselves to make a trade or trades to open up a roster spot. I hate to bring this up but maybe Louis Delmas will be moved top PuP or IR. What are some possible moves that we might be considering? Thoughts?

I don't follow your line of thinking.

Can you explain how these moves make you think there will be a trade?

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
WillParks

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:19 am    Post subject: Re: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade Reply with quote

[quote="diehardlionfan"][quote="WillParks"]The Lions filled their last two practice squad slots:

It seems like the Lions are positioning themselves to make a trade or trades to open up a roster spot. I hate to bring this up but maybe Louis Delmas will be moved top PuP or IR. What are some possible moves that we might be considering? Thoughts?[/quote]

Can you explain how these moves make you think there will be a trade?[/quote]

Why would the Lions fill their last two practice squad slots if they know they are going to move someone from their active roster to the practice squad? They either have to move someone from the 53-man roster to IR or PuP, release a veteran player, or make a trade to clear a spot for Drayton Florence. If they were going to move someone from the active roster to the practice squad why would they fill the last two spots with these new people? They could have brought in someone new to fill one of the slots and moved a practice squad eligible player to the other slot but they didn't do that.

The only way they can make another move with their practice squad is to release someone they just signed to the practice squad. Due to salary cap constraints I think the Lions are committing/developing their younger players. My candidates for a trade: Lawrence Jackson, Corey Williams or Nate Burleson
detfan782004

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do know not just anyone can go to practice squad right? There are rules regarding length of service etc.

It's meant for younger guys only

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't see this as a trade brewing story at all. They filled their last two practice squad spots because they had to. If something better comes they drop a practice squad guy for the better PS option. Making room for Florence could be managed by putting Delmas on PUP or IR or can be done by cutting another player.

Also, all I have read is that Delmas is progressing well, and Schwartz said he needs to get on the field this week of he wants to play Sunday. So that dosnt sound like they are considering either the PUP or IR.

Adopt-A-Lion - Riley Reiff, OT/TE/FB
tytalton

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't agree that we are maneuvering for a trade but i am taking the positive reports on Delmas injury with a grain of salt...we heard the same thing about Best for an entire offseason but the odds of him seeing the field this year and contributing is a longshot
diehardlionfan

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:29 am    Post subject: Re: Lions Fill Last Two Practice Squad Slots--Possible trade Reply with quote

WillParks wrote:
diehardlionfan wrote:
WillParks wrote:

Can you explain how these moves make you think there will be a trade?

Why would the Lions fill their last two practice squad slots if they know they are going to move someone from their active roster to the practice squad? They either have to move someone from the 53-man roster to IR or PuP, release a veteran player, or make a trade to clear a spot for Drayton Florence. If they were going to move someone from the active roster to the practice squad why would they fill the last two spots with these new people? They could have brought in someone new to fill one of the slots and moved a practice squad eligible player to the other slot but they didn't do that.

The only way they can make another move with their practice squad is to release someone they just signed to the practice squad. Due to salary cap constraints I think the Lions are committing/developing their younger players. My candidates for a trade: Lawrence Jackson, Corey Williams or Nate Burleson

I expect they would just cut someone.

Sig by El Ramster

Team Stylish
IDOG_det

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think this is a sign of a trade, just filling the rosters when we have room. They might cut someone, but i doubt we make a trade because of these signings.

R.I.P. Stylish
TL-TwoWinsAway

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Lions released Ricardo Silva to make room for Florence.

http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2012/09/detroit_lions_cutting_safety_r.html

Team Stylish
DetroitPride26

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No!!!!!! This makes me hate the signing!!! I liked Silva more then any other safety playing right now for Lions!! He's way better then Jonte "Crap" Green....
usedaschwartz

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a crucial year for Louis. Is he going to be Bob Sanders(never on the field)? Or Ed Reed(finds a way to get it done)? I'm already starting to research safeties for the draft next year. I think it'll be our biggest need.
RyanFuller003

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DetroitPride26 wrote:
No!!!!!! This makes me hate the signing!!! I liked Silva more then any other safety playing right now for Lions!! He's way better then Jonte "Crap" Green....

Silva is this year's (and last year's) version of the guy that does everything right in preseason but can't make an impact on Sundays. We have them every year.

MrDrew wrote:
I may have to find a taxidermist that will make me a koozie out of a squirrel in a kilt now.

Adopt-a-Lion: Don Muhlbach (for three years running!)
X_Factor_40

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

usedaschwartz wrote:
This is a crucial year for Louis. Is he going to be Bob Sanders(never on the field)? Or Ed Reed(finds a way to get it done)? I'm already starting to research safeties for the draft next year. I think it'll be our biggest need.

He certainly isn't going to be the next Ed Reed. He hasn't had an interception since 2009 when he had 2 - the only 2 of his career. He's not a game changing safety.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Detroit Lions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: