Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2 reasons why Cowboys Fans can't overreact about last night

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
NFLFan76

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:21 pm    Post subject: 2 reasons why Cowboys Fans can't overreact about last night Reply with quote

1. Cowboys finished 13-3 in 2007 and lost in 2nd round

2. Cowboys finished 11-5 in 2009 and lost in 2nd round

Yes Romo played well in a road game against the defending champs but let's all remember than until the Cowboys are in the NFC championship game or the Superbowl, all of this regular season mess means nothing. At the end of the day Romo still needs more playoff wins and until that happens he should not be praised for what he does in the regular season. But he did get off to a good start last night with a impressive performance but it's important not to lose sight of the ultimate goal which is........."The NFC Championship"
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:23 pm    Post subject: Re: 2 reasons why Cowboys Fans can't overreact about last ni Reply with quote

NFLFan76 wrote:
1. Cowboys finished 13-3 in 2007 and lost in 2nd round

2. Cowboys finished 11-5 in 2009 and lost in 2nd round

Yes Romo played well in a road game against the defending champs but let's all remember than until the Cowboys are in the NFC championship game or the Superbowl, all of this regular season mess means nothing. At the end of the day Romo still needs more playoff wins and until that happens he should not be praised for what he does in the regular season. But he did get off to a good start last night with a impressive performance but it's important not to lose sight of the ultimate goal which is........."The NFC Championship"

That's like saying every time the Giants sneak into the playoffs at the end of the year they will win the Super Bowl.
MaddHatter

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is this ... I don't even ...

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It may seem like overreaction to a lot of people, but I think it has more to do with the fact that the Giants were heavily favored in this game and that Romo tends to get underrated quite a bit. I just looked at our company pool. Not one person picked the Cowboys to win. Not one. Not even the Cowboys fans.

While I'm not ready to start my Romo for MVP or Cowboys SuperBowl run campaign, you have to give credit where credit is due. They played well against the defending champs in New York.

Most Valuable Poster (6th Ballot)

FF Fanatic

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooray Troll!

In Redball I Trust!
The price of progress is trusting the process.
Heart. Leadership. Passion. Will.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: