Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Are there any MVP choices you disagreed with?
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CP3MVP

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Are there any MVP choices you disagreed with? Reply with quote

Instances where a player was voted the Most Valuable player and you thought they got it wrong
JammerHammer21

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning, 2008.

Brees or Rivers should have won.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

no.....because of their record of 8-8

the bad end of the regular season of the cardinals has killed the chances of Warner to win the mvp in 2008

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning 2008.

I really, truly believe Chad Pennington deserved to win that year. Ten win difference and had by far his best year as a pro. He was second in the voting and deserved to win with the 10-win improvement of the Dolphins under his belt.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

the bad end of the regular season of the cardinals has killed the chances of Warner to win the mvp in 2008

And Rivers pulled the Chargers from 4-8 and was better than Manning that year, as was Brees.

Rivers was absolutely phenomenal that year. Tied with Drew Brees for the TD lead on over 150 less pass attempts.
CrashMan510

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

09, Brees should of won it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eSN8Cwit_s
fuarge
iknowcool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Manning in '08 I could understand but Brees should have won it in '09.
jgold72288

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colt45fool wrote:
Manning 2008.

I really, truly believe Chad Pennington deserved to win that year. Ten win difference and had by far his best year as a pro. He was second in the voting and deserved to win with the 10-win improvement of the Dolphins under his belt.
I could see an argument for Brees or Rivers that year (if the traditional caveat of record, which may or may not be legit, is ignored), but not Pennington. The Dolphins turned over like 11 or 12 starters that year and Pennington wasn't even in the game for a lot of his team's offensive downs.
GaTechRavens

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Peyton Manning 2009 (Drew Brees)
Peyton Manning 2008 (muddled, but I'll go with Adrian Peterson)
Peyton Manning/Steve McNair 2003 (greatest year ever for running backs, and it's a shame that one of them didn't win it - either Priest Holmes or Jamal Lewis)

From before my time, Mark Moseley in '82 and John Elway in '87 were egregious.

Of course, I don't think the MVP award should have a positional/offensive bias at all, so I disagree with many more picks than just those. But given the way it's handed out, I would have changed it in those years.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

And Rivers pulled the Chargers from 4-8 and was better than Manning that year, as was Brees.

Rivers was absolutely phenomenal that year. Tied with Drew Brees for the TD lead on over 150 less pass attempts.

Rivers was incredible in 2008, but since 2001, the players who have won the mvp had always at least 11 wins

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

Rivers was incredible in 2008, but since 2001, the players who have won the mvp had always at least 11 wins

Ok...... doesn't mean Rivers didn't deserve it.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

But the record are very important to win the mvp,especially in the nfl and the nba

the record of 45-37 of the Lakers in 2006 has cost the MVP to Kobe Bryant

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jgold72288 wrote:
Colt45fool wrote:
Manning 2008.

I could see an argument for Brees or Rivers that year (if the traditional caveat of record, which may or may not be legit, is ignored), but not Pennington. The Dolphins turned over like 11 or 12 starters that year and Pennington wasn't even in the game for a lot of his team's offensive downs.
Um, what?

The QB of the offense wasn't in the game for a lot of the team's offensive downs? Yeah, they ran the wildcat, but Chad still attempted 476 throws (two times less than Philip Rivers.) And his backs still totaled less runs than he did pass attempts...

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
JammerHammer21 wrote:
Manning, 2008.

But the record are very important to win the mvp,especially in the nfl and the nba

the record of 45-37 of the Lakers in 2006 has cost the MVP to Kobe Bryant

Not my point. Philip Rivers should have been the MVP, he was (arguably) the best player that year and extremely important to the Chargers. He had the best season of any QB in the league that year (arguably) while throwing far fewer attempts than most of the top QBs.
Colt45fool

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GaTechRavens wrote:
Peyton Manning 2009 (Drew Brees)
Peyton Manning 2008 (muddled, but I'll go with Adrian Peterson)
Peyton Manning/Steve McNair 2003 (greatest year ever for running backs, and it's a shame that one of them didn't win it - either Priest Holmes or Jamal Lewis)

From before my time, Mark Moseley in '82 and John Elway in '87 were egregious.

Of course, I don't think the MVP award should have a positional/offensive bias at all, so I disagree with many more picks than just those. But given the way it's handed out, I would have changed it in those years.
It's a shame that it does have an offensive/positional bias. That has always annoyed me.

I forgot another one, but in 2005 Shaun Alexander won the MVP....and I think Steve Smith of the Panthers should have been given more consideration. He had a phenomenal year

Last edited by Colt45fool on Mon Aug 27, 2012 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 1 of 11

Jump to: