Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Network hires former Eagles QB Donovan McNabb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?


when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team


huh?

why must you always look at the record? the record means nothing to the nfl players. if the team is in the playoffs then they are focused on how that team plays not that what there record is.


But I not understand why McNabb did not realize that he had a tie game in 2002
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8762
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?


when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team


huh?

why must you always look at the record? the record means nothing to the nfl players. if the team is in the playoffs then they are focused on how that team plays not that what there record is.


But I not understand why McNabb did not realize that he had a tie game in 2002


he didnt have a tie game in 2002....?
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Steelerspower


Joined: 13 Jun 2011
Posts: 7742
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?


when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team


huh?

why must you always look at the record? the record means nothing to the nfl players. if the team is in the playoffs then they are focused on how that team plays not that what there record is.


But I not understand why McNabb did not realize that he had a tie game in 2002


he didnt have a tie game in 2002....?


Yes he have a tie game in 2002(Falcons vs steelers)

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/200211100pit.htm
_________________


Last edited by Steelerspower on Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19113
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah some of these former players a nice to have but I have my doubts about Donovan. I hope he turns out better than Darren Sharper who has trouble putting an understandable sentence together.
Jerry Rice is the worst I have ever seen. He just piggy backs other people.

Why can't they actually put people on that discuss actual philosophies and strategies.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
vikingsrule


Moderator
Joined: 15 Nov 2005
Posts: 47682
Location: Land of 10,000 Lakes!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

skatebeanz wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah some of these former players a nice to have but I have my doubts about Donovan. I hope he turns out better than Darren Sharper who has trouble putting an understandable sentence together.
Jerry Rice is the worst I have ever seen. He just piggy backs other people.

Why can't they actually put people on that discuss actual philosophies and strategies.


I'd guess that the general viewing audience is an idiot casual fan who isnt interested in hearing a discussion of substance.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
eagles101


Joined: 15 Feb 2005
Posts: 8762
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:
what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?


when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team


huh?

why must you always look at the record? the record means nothing to the nfl players. if the team is in the playoffs then they are focused on how that team plays not that what there record is.


But I not understand why McNabb did not realize that he had a tie game in 2002


he didnt have a tie game in 2002....?


the NFL had a tie game in 2002(Falcons vs steelers)


FIFY

nfl players dont follow the NFL that closely they focus on there play. and it was 6 years prior.
_________________

props to deadpulse

vikingsvikings wrote:

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
EliteTexan80


Most Valuable Poster
Joined: 30 Apr 2007
Posts: 38129
Location: Three time Mr. fanTASTic!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vikingsrule wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah some of these former players a nice to have but I have my doubts about Donovan. I hope he turns out better than Darren Sharper who has trouble putting an understandable sentence together.
Jerry Rice is the worst I have ever seen. He just piggy backs other people.

Why can't they actually put people on that discuss actual philosophies and strategies.


I'd guess that the general viewing audience is an idiot casual fan who isnt interested in hearing a discussion of substance.


Pretty much, yes. They fall for the name, not the actual viewpoint.
_________________

iPwn, Kempes and Flaccomania: The official sig makers for THE ET80!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Darkness


Joined: 24 Jun 2012
Posts: 6748
Location: CA
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pugger wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
I have my doubts about this decision of NFL Network

McNabb is not the smartest person(He did not know that he could have a tie game in the nfl!)


He's no exactly stupid either; he's a great fit for a host. I'm sure McNabb will do fine on TV - he can't be any worse then the other morons the NFLN has.


He's gotta be better than Dukes, Sapp and Irving!! Razz


How can you not be a fan of him and his deep voice? lol

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nabbs4u


Moderator
Joined: 28 Jul 2007
Posts: 22510
Location: North Carolina Kiltman on the Sig
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm assuming many of you being negative haven't really seen McNabb in action and are basing it on other issue with him as a QB or person? From a Television perspective. He's well spoken, Intelligent, knows the game of football and is extremely funny. Being a person who has probably seen the vast majority of his interview ,PC's ,TV appearances (via SB week ,ESPN, NFLN, etc) this is hardly a bad hire. If players like Rice, Emmitt, Irving ,Dukes and numerous others can get/keep analyst jobs surely Donovan McNabb can as well.


Intelligent?...no


Hence a person where the first sentence of this post applies to because if you knew anything of Donovan Mcnabb intelligence is not a issue.



McNabb did not know that he could have tie game in the nfl


and....whats your point....



a QB who not knew that he could have a tie game in the NFL is unacceptable...Especially he had a tie game between the falcons and the steelers in 2002 and the eagles have played against the falcons in 2002 playoff


...and what does that have to do with his intellegence? Ok, he didn't know one rule in a game that has a 700+ page book of rules. Big one, yes...but it shouldn't be an indicator of his intellegence.


Absolutely nothing! The fact he is trying to suggest McNabb should have known because of what transpired 6 yrs earlier with two seperate teams (Pit/ATL) is a joke. Add the fact it has no baring on his overall intelligence whatsoever makes his argument even worse.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
RainbowCarebear


Joined: 31 Aug 2011
Posts: 34603
Location: "Are you hungry, child?" Yes, she thought, but not for food.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully he talks himself back to a NFL job. If not good for him.
_________________

"Do you imagine Whoresbane loves you any better? If you did not hold the ..., he would pull out your entrails and make you eat them"
"In return, we swore that we should always be their men"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
plan9misfit


FF Fanatic
Most Valuable Poster (5th Ballot)
Joined: 29 Oct 2004
Posts: 20399
Location: RIP: B2TB, T14, & S.A. We miss you.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mossburg wrote:
^^^ Emmitt Smith has a job at ESPN.


I thought ESPN canned him due to an inability to speak English.

Of course, he had the greatest line by any sportscaster ever: "The Patriots strength gor debacled!"

I'll never forget the look on Steve Young's face...
_________________

Co-Founder: DCRA - No McQuistan, No Super Bowl
Northland wrote:
If mediocrity is your SuperBowl then Garrett is your Lombardi.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 42984
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

plan9misfit wrote:
Mossburg wrote:
^^^ Emmitt Smith has a job at ESPN.


I thought ESPN canned him due to an inability to speak English.

Of course, he had the greatest line by any sportscaster ever: "The Patriots strength gor debacled!"

I'll never forget the look on Steve Young's face...


Did they really can him? I haven't watched ESPN since the last SB. If so, GREAT!
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
steadypimpin


Joined: 01 Jan 2009
Posts: 8794
Location: Rockville, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know, I like McNabb. I'm not for or against this move by NFLN. It could be worse.
_________________

Thanks to Peppers90 on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
skatebeanz


Joined: 13 Apr 2009
Posts: 19113
Location: Jamison. on the Sweet-sig.
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EliteTexan80 wrote:
vikingsrule wrote:
skatebeanz wrote:
MNPackfan32 wrote:
Yeah some of these former players a nice to have but I have my doubts about Donovan. I hope he turns out better than Darren Sharper who has trouble putting an understandable sentence together.
Jerry Rice is the worst I have ever seen. He just piggy backs other people.

Why can't they actually put people on that discuss actual philosophies and strategies.


I'd guess that the general viewing audience is an idiot casual fan who isnt interested in hearing a discussion of substance.


Pretty much, yes. They fall for the name, not the actual viewpoint.
Which is sad. He can hardly talk and when he does he piggybakcs others.

I think Trent Dilfer is the best they have.
_________________

Sig bet
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Mossburg


Most Valuable Poster (4th Ballot)
Joined: 02 Jan 2005
Posts: 42984
Location: Straight Cash Inc. Headquarters
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ I know a lot of people complain about Dilfer, but he was really the only one who seems to put in the work and study some film before talking.
_________________
Equal Opportunity Hater

"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -Mark Twain
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group