Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

NFL Network hires former Eagles QB Donovan McNabb
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm assuming many of you being negative haven't really seen McNabb in action and are basing it on other issue with him as a QB or person? From a Television perspective. He's well spoken, Intelligent, knows the game of football and is extremely funny. Being a person who has probably seen the vast majority of his interview ,PC's ,TV appearances (via SB week ,ESPN, NFLN, etc) this is hardly a bad hire. If players like Rice, Emmitt, Irving ,Dukes and numerous others can get/keep analyst jobs surely Donovan McNabb can as well.

Intelligent?...no

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
I'm assuming many of you being negative haven't really seen McNabb in action and are basing it on other issue with him as a QB or person? From a Television perspective. He's well spoken, Intelligent, knows the game of football and is extremely funny. Being a person who has probably seen the vast majority of his interview ,PC's ,TV appearances (via SB week ,ESPN, NFLN, etc) this is hardly a bad hire. If players like Rice, Emmitt, Irving ,Dukes and numerous others can get/keep analyst jobs surely Donovan McNabb can as well.

Intelligent?...no

actually if you watched any of his interviews while he played you would know he is a intelligent person.

I don't understand most of that, but I can tell it's probably inaccurate.
steadypimpin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Pugger wrote:
Remixxxxxxx wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
I have my doubts about this decision of NFL Network

McNabb is not the smartest person(He did not know that he could have a tie game in the nfl!)

He's no exactly stupid either; he's a great fit for a host. I'm sure McNabb will do fine on TV - he can't be any worse then the other morons the NFLN has.

He's gotta be better than Dukes, Sapp and Irving!! Razz

and maybe Heath Evans!
Heath Evans is annoying as hell. I can't stand that guy. It seems as if Dukes doesn't get a lot of airtime anymore either, which is really good. Irvin is god awful with his Cowboys love and Sapp is ok in my book.

Thanks to IDOG_det on the sig!
2011 & 2012 NFC West Champs!!!
Xbox: Steadypimpin49
"Keep choppin' wood"
Nabbs4u

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

Hence a person where the first sentence of this post applies to because if you knew anything of Donovan Mcnabb intelligence is not a issue.

Bird Watch:
Jeremy Maclin: 6 Gm/ 27 Rec/ 445 Yds/ 4 TD/ 16.5 YPC/
vikingsrule

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:

I dont think its a bad hire, assuming McNabb has moved on from being a player. All we have heard McNabb discuss recently with the media is his desire to be a starter again. Its almost sad considering how bad McNabb was last year in MN.

So good hire for NFLN if McNabb is truly retired. If its just a job to self-promote that he can still play, it will become an annoying hire. I first felt the same way with Jon Gruden when he took a job, that is was just a means of getting his name back out there to become a HC again. However, its clear that Gruden has embraced his new profession and doesnt seem interested in getting back into HCing for the time being.
milanb

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:

McNabb is not the smartest person(He did not know that he could have a tie game in the nfl!)

Yeah, and Joe Gibbs didn't know that you couldn't call consecutive timeouts, and ended up taking a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty trying to ice the kicker. Does that make him stupid too?

The race is not to the swift, nor the battle to the strong. — Ecclesiastes 9:11

But that’s the way to bet. — Jimmy The Greek
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

Hence a person where the first sentence of this post applies to because if you knew anything of Donovan Mcnabb intelligence is not a issue.

McNabb did not know that he could have tie game in the nfl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

and....whats your point....

Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

milanb wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:

Yeah, and Joe Gibbs didn't know that you couldn't call consecutive timeouts, and ended up taking a unsportsmanlike conduct penalty trying to ice the kicker. Does that make him stupid too?

Joe Gibbs was a great coach in the 1980s and 1990s, but after he was not a coach during 12 years before he made ​​a comeback

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
milanb wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:

Joe Gibbs was a great coach in the 1980s and 1990s, but after he was not a coach during 12 years before he made ​​a comeback

Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

a QB who not knew that he could have a tie game in the NFL is unacceptable...Especially he had a tie game between the falcons and the steelers in 2002 and the eagles have played against the falcons in 2002 playoff

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

a QB who not knew that he could have a tie game in the NFL is unacceptable...Especially he had a tie game between the falcons and the steelers in 2002 and the eagles have played against the falcons in 2002 playoff

what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?

its not unacceptable. a lot of people dont know the exact rules on tie games. hes going to have insist on the game. so it doesnt matter if he knows the tie rules or not.

EliteTexan80

Most Valuable Poster
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
eagles101 wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:
Steelerspower wrote:
Nabbs4u wrote:

Intelligent?...no

...and what does that have to do with his intellegence? Ok, he didn't know one rule in a game that has a 700+ page book of rules. Big one, yes...but it shouldn't be an indicator of his intellegence.

vike daddy wrote:
EliteTexan80 wrote:
I wanna be a mod.

vastly over rated.
Steelerspower

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
what?...what does him playing the falcons in the playoffs have to do with anything?

when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelerspower wrote:
Quote:

when you play against a team, you must always look the record of this team

huh?

why must you always look at the record? the record means nothing to the nfl players. if the team is in the playoffs then they are focused on how that team plays not that what there record is.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> NFL General All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: