Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Austin Howard: My Hero

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DHarvey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Austin Howard: My Hero Reply with quote

Granted, it's only the first game but for me Austin Howard has to be the MVP for this first game..to be thrown in against the Mighty Mario and keep Mario to one tackle for the entire game and zippo sacks..Woof! Maybe we've found a diamond in the rough. What a pleasure time and again to see Mark drop back and...drum roll puhleeze..actually have the time to canvas the field and make a throw.. what a novelty!
glenearl18

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mario Williams is known for disappearing against no name linemen. I like what I see from Howard as well but I won't judge until I see him in the next few weeks.
sandwhich

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyone find any truth with Mario William's complaints that Howard was hitting him in the face every play? I didn't notice it, and apparently neither did the refs even though Mario was whining about it all game. Seemed like Howard just did a fine job/ Williams didn't live up to his contract.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sandwhich wrote:
Anyone find any truth with Mario William's complaints that Howard was hitting him in the face every play? I didn't notice it, and apparently neither did the refs even though Mario was whining about it all game. Seemed like Howard just did a fine job/ Williams didn't live up to his contract.

I didn't see it in any of the highlights I've seen. My thing is if Howard was doing it, that still doesn't explain why he only had 1 tackle. Mario is a big man too, he could have fought back if the refs weren't calling nothing. I think he just got handled and don't want to admit it. If Howard looks good for the next 4 games, we need to sign him to a long term deal during this season. Don't wait until the offseason to make a offer, his stock might be higher by then.

Quote:
JETS . HEAT . GSU & V-Tech (CF) . SYRACUSE (CB) . ATL MLS .
D.Revis24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far Howard has shutdown Charles Johnson in the preseason and Mario Williams week 1. He doesn't need to be dominant, just as long as hes not the liability that Hunter was.

Props to El Ramster on the sig
Davey

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It has to be said that he did get some help, especially when the Jets were looking to get the ball downfield, and that Sanchez's ability to be quick-thinking and decisive limited the amount of time the line had to block in the first place. But the fact that the Jets ended the game with Sanchez being sacked not once is all I can ask for.
srodriguez13

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok so I DVR'd the game and watched it a second time after I heard Mario Williams whining about the illegal hands to the face and I only caught 1 time where it happened in pass pro and 1 once during some serious "hand fighting" in run blocking. So he is just upset that he got HANDLED.

Also on Austin Howard got beat 2 times by Super Mario BUT, Sanchez got the ball off with his quick decision making and accurate passing! What is encouraging is that they where not clear beats. Its one of those things where if mark held on for 1 second longer Mario would've got a hand on him and at 292 could've possibly dragged him down.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: