Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week One - Jets vs Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rockice_8 wrote:
Fred Jackson and Spiller absolutely scare me but if we contain them we win. Punters will be getting a bunch of work this game and I like our special teams to be a big difference maker. Maybe a key Kerley punter return to set up a score.

And I'll say it again, it's time to let Hill loose and hit him deep. I want to see 5-6 absolute bombs to him this game no excuses. None of those Bills corners can run with him.

I want to see big games from Kerley and Powell.

16-10 Jets in a dog fight.

I just wanted to pat myself on the back and bump my prediction. He set up a score alright.

Props to Mack on the sig
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aside from Spiller's 2 big runs and Mark's dumb INT, basically our opening game could not have gone any better. We dominated in pretty much every facet. The one thing I would have liked to see was more yardage on some of our rush plays. Greene has always been that steady runner who gets more yards as the game goes on, but it would have been nice to see a couple more long runs. But, I don't think we even ran him to the outside at all, all of his rushes were in the middle. But, overall very, very pleased with the result and hopefully it's back to business this week in order to get ready for the Steelers.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCK: 123 SACK: 2 FF: 1 INT:
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The steelers are going to come in motivated. Mendenhall and Harrison could potentially play in this one. (I hope not) But I hope we are ready for a tough game. Right now, I believe we can take this game. We shouldn't change nothing as far as the run/pass ratio. Sanchez should continue spreading the ball around. Hill should have another good game.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope Mendenhall plays, he is coming off an ACL tear and is probably not fit enough to play effectively. I doubt he goes over 2ypc if he does play
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steelers opening at home after 2 tough losses to Denver, this will not be an easy game. I hope they have all their players healthy so we can really gauge this team. I want to see everything we saw yesterday against a proven opponent.
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol Man, just about everyone in the mock draft forum had us not making the playoffs, and pickig a QB. Only one person didn't. With that great performance, I'm not hearing people talk about Tebow taking Mark's spot anymore. People are calling Mark the man now. I hope we can keep this up. If Sanchez play well against the Steelers, watch losers like Stephen A Smith begin to take back his comments. We should get Pouha back next game. So that should help the run defense.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
lol Man, just about everyone in the mock draft forum had us not making the playoffs, and pickig a QB. Only one person didn't. With that great performance, I'm not hearing people talk about Tebow taking Mark's spot anymore. People are calling Mark the man now. I hope we can keep this up. If Sanchez play well against the Steelers, watch losers like Stephen A Smith begin to take back his comments. We should get Pouha back next game. So that should help the run defense.

Stephen A is terrible at analyzing every single sport, but he's one of the few that owns up and gives credit when he is wrong.
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know how everyone felt about the Wildcat but I actually liked the way Tebow was used.

A few plays here or there didn't throw off the flow (at least I didn't feel like it did). I think they have much more in store for the wildcat in terms of creativity (maybe some passing) but I liked the amount of touches Tebow got. He shouldn't get 20+ touches, that could ruin the flow, but 8-9 touches is a good change of pace.

Props to Mack on the sig
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:

I'm assuming you're talking about the one that had us picking 29th, right?

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Malik wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

Stephen A is terrible at analyzing every single sport, but he's one of the few that owns up and gives credit when he is wrong.

Thats true, I can agree to that. I was just naming him as an example of the people who talked bad about Mark since he got the contract or tebow trade. I felt some relief after yesterday's win , all the negative talk really got to me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill was puking on the sidelines. Dude is a beast.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except for the Spiller run and td in the first half, I was pretty happy with the game. I'm not sure what happened to the D and hope it was only because it was a blowout that they gave up all those yards.

If it was a close game and they kept pulling Sanchez out for Tebow I'd be very upset.
green24

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have found a journalist worse than Cimini. Must be one of his disciples.

http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/jets/post/_/id/15400/bills-d-boosts-sanchez

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm so confident in the Skins this season (offensively), I think they challenge the Patriots scoring record.
Call it a hunch. Idea
rickyt31

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

its was either the 29th or 26th pick. One dude had us picking #1 in the draft.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
green24 wrote:
rickyt31 wrote:

its was either the 29th or 26th pick. One dude had us picking #1 in the draft.

This is the only mock not by a Jets fan that has us with even a half-decent pick. There was even a Jets fan that had us in the top 5!

aceinthehouse wrote:
Call it a hunch. Idea

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 32 of 33

Jump to: