Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week One - Jets vs Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SMFH @ ekill08x for wanting to flat out cut Jeremy Kerley a month ago. I was shocked he wanted the Jets to do it, I wonder if he still would've done it after today.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
This win was vital because the schedule is brutal in the next few weeks. @ the Steelers next week, vs the 49ers in week 4, and vs the Texans in week 5.
If we are 3-2 after week 5, I will be thrilled.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
This win was vital because the schedule is brutal in the next few weeks. @ the Steelers next week, vs the 49ers in week 4, and vs the Texans in week 5.

The OL is going to have to be as good as it was today for the next 4 weeks.

Austin Howard's next 5 opponents:
LaMarr Woodley (9 sacks in 10 games)
Cameron Wake (8.5 sacks)
Ahmad Brooks (7 sacks)
Connor Barwin (11.5 sacks)
Robert Mathis (9.5 sacks)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8901
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Heavinsent wrote:
This win was vital because the schedule is brutal in the next few weeks. @ the Steelers next week, vs the 49ers in week 4, and vs the Texans in week 5.


Exactly. We have to/should beat Miami, and hopefully win 1 of the 3 tough games you listed. Even if we fall to 2-3 are schedule gets very easy aside from NE. Say we lose to NE 2x and have a hiccup in SEA, thats the only other game I can see us losing putting us 9-6 going into buffalo week 17, and thats absolute worse case scenario. Going to be an interesting year no doubt.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8901
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
SMFH @ ekill08x for wanting to flat out cut Jeremy Kerley a month ago. I was shocked he wanted the Jets to do it, I wonder if he still would've done it after today.


hahaha dude i said it allll day that i have been eating my words and they tasted great.

I was never impressed with Kerley's speed based on his size. However hes quick has good hands and runs good routes, traits i seemed to ignore. Best part was all my friends were texting me the same thing. glad he stepped up big and proved me wrong. I think it was JFFL that always said sanchez is so much better with under rated receivers. He just does his thing and doesn't worry about getting the guys the ball. I was gladly proven wrong and very happy with Kerley. I will admit how wrong and stupid I was for thinking that Very Happy
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
Jamison.


Joined: 08 Mar 2011
Posts: 7413
Location: no
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
SMFH @ ekill08x for wanting to flat out cut Jeremy Kerley a month ago. I was shocked he wanted the Jets to do it, I wonder if he still would've done it after today.


hahaha dude i said it allll day that i have been eating my words and they tasted great.

I was never impressed with Kerley's speed based on his size. However hes quick has good hands and runs good routes, traits i seemed to ignore. Best part was all my friends were texting me the same thing. glad he stepped up big and proved me wrong. I think it was JFFL that always said sanchez is so much better with under rated receivers. He just does his thing and doesn't worry about getting the guys the ball. I was gladly proven wrong and very happy with Kerley. I will admit how wrong and stupid I was for thinking that Very Happy
All good brotha. Just wanted to call you out. I've always liked Kerley, he was my favorite pick in the 11' draft. Glad to see him stepping up to the plate. Don't worry ekill, you're still my boy Wink

JFFL, I think it was him that said Sanchez plays better with no name WRs. SO TRUE.
_________________

Jamison.'s Gallery
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Heavinsent


Joined: 22 Aug 2011
Posts: 581
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ekill08x wrote:
Heavinsent wrote:
This win was vital because the schedule is brutal in the next few weeks. @ the Steelers next week, vs the 49ers in week 4, and vs the Texans in week 5.


Exactly. We have to/should beat Miami, and hopefully win 1 of the 3 tough games you listed. Even if we fall to 2-3 are schedule gets very easy aside from NE. Say we lose to NE 2x and have a hiccup in SEA, thats the only other game I can see us losing putting us 9-6 going into buffalo week 17, and thats absolute worse case scenario. Going to be an interesting year no doubt.


Week 3 @ at the Dolphins will be a trap game for sure though. They need to grab wins against inferior teams when they can.
_________________


Props to Jamison for the sig.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8901
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamison. wrote:
ekill08x wrote:
Jamison. wrote:
SMFH @ ekill08x for wanting to flat out cut Jeremy Kerley a month ago. I was shocked he wanted the Jets to do it, I wonder if he still would've done it after today.


hahaha dude i said it allll day that i have been eating my words and they tasted great.

I was never impressed with Kerley's speed based on his size. However hes quick has good hands and runs good routes, traits i seemed to ignore. Best part was all my friends were texting me the same thing. glad he stepped up big and proved me wrong. I think it was JFFL that always said sanchez is so much better with under rated receivers. He just does his thing and doesn't worry about getting the guys the ball. I was gladly proven wrong and very happy with Kerley. I will admit how wrong and stupid I was for thinking that Very Happy
All good brotha. Just wanted to call you out. I've always liked Kerley, he was my favorite pick in the 11' draft. Glad to see him stepping up to the plate. Don't worry ekill, you're still my boy Wink

JFFL, I think it was him that said Sanchez plays better with no name WRs. SO TRUE.


Haha yeah man one of my boys said I have to buy his jersey now and rep him after my stupid idea of cutting him lol. I'll rep the #11 all day and admit my stupidity.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
bb33101


Joined: 15 Mar 2008
Posts: 886
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By looking on how the Steelers are struggling against the no huddle, should the jets look to incorporate some of the same strategy next week or is it asking too much too soon?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
green24


Joined: 10 Apr 2010
Posts: 47651
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not only are we leading the NFL in PPG, but we are also leading in 3rd down conversion rate. Keeping that percentage high will be HUGE for offense. Our conversion rate was among the worst in the NFL last year.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Jetsman82


Joined: 20 Jan 2007
Posts: 20040
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bb33101 wrote:
By looking on how the Steelers are struggling against the no huddle, should the jets look to incorporate some of the same strategy next week or is it asking too much too soon?

I think it has more to do with that #18 fellow. He traps them in favorable personnel and he audibles at the line. It's vintage Peyton Manning.
_________________
quietjetsket wrote:
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
rickyt31


Joined: 29 Dec 2008
Posts: 7805
Location: HEATlanta , GA
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sparano did a great job today, he deserve some credit. He switched things up. Sanchez is doing exactly what I wanted him to do for the past 2 seasons. Spread the ball around, and throw with confidence.

We need more from our rushing game. I'm not going to blame it all on the oline. Greene only averaged 3.5 yards a carry, thats really bad against a team like Buffalo. Connor deserve some of the blame to. Seems like his can knock a guy out, but who always pick the wrong one to knock out.
_________________

Quote:
Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ekill08x


Joined: 05 Oct 2005
Posts: 8901
Location: Bayport, New York
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Were going to really need our defense to step up big time next week. Steelers offensive line is nothing special and they still might not have Mendenhall. Im really scared going into Pittsburgh after they're about to lose tonight in Denver. Keep it simple next week and play mistake free football and maybe we can come out with a win.
_________________


Props to JMG on the sig as usual
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JetFanSince85


Joined: 27 Dec 2011
Posts: 612
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Billsfaninptown wrote:
JetFanSince85 wrote:
I know we will win this weekend. But honestly, I hope we win by 20+. I am an objective jet fan because I have seen too much bad over my 25+ years of being a fan.

I think th D will be special. When you have a special D you will be in every game. Look at the final 4 teams last year. 3 of the 4 teams were fueled by their D. Light up the scoreboard Offensive teams sell tickets, advertising and Jerseys. Defensive teams still win Championships. We need a servicable O.

Lets be the sleeping giant this year, sell the Jets short, treat us like the Rich Kotite Jets. Come Sunday knock the snot out of the Bills. Mario Williams hasen't played in over a year. Their D sucks and if your afraid of Steve Johnson, Fred Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick then
you need your head examined.

Objective Jets fan? You sound like an arrogant fan to me. Anyways just stopped by to say good luck to you guys. Can't wait for Sunday!


See I told you. If I was Arrogant I would have said 40
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Rockice_8


Joined: 05 Oct 2010
Posts: 2482
Location: Unknown
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm going to have to post more so everyone can keep an eye on my sig. Big year for Kerley.

Also I was very happy to see some 20+ yard TD's from Sanchez, almost had a 3rd to Holmes. And they said he couldn't throw deep.
_________________


Props to Mack on the sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 30, 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 31 of 33

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group