Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week One - Jets vs Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetcane wrote:
Stevie johnson has groin injury and status is uncertain for Sunday's game.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8346230
He is playing sunday unless he goes through a major set back. He played with this injury all of last year.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetcane wrote:

He is playing sunday unless he goes through a major set back. He played with this injury all of last year.

Isn't that at least a mild concern though?

How can he go an entire offseason and not heal up?
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
After watching Romo and his abysmal line last night vs the Giants pass rush, Sanchez has no excuses, him and Romo are similar in style of play and I think Dirty takes a step forward this year and proves his worth

I really don't see the correlation to Romo's play last night and Sanchez's future at all.

Sure, they have some similarities, but how Romo faired against a team he plays twice a year is completely irrelevant to how Sanchez played against the Giants, and how his season will go.

You can call the Cowboys line abysmal, but you'd be wrong. Just because they have new pieces, doesn't mean it can't work out for the better. They might end up being one of the better lines in the NFL for all we know. They certainly have a better OT duo with Smith and Free.

This is also ignoring that Sanchez's best season thus far is not as good as Romo's worst, as far as stats go anyway. Romo is what many people, including myself, see as the absolute ceiling for Sanchez. You can say what you want about the playoffs, thus numbers really speak for themselves, but as far as stats and regular season play is concerned, Sanchez wishes he could put up Romo's numbers. If Sanchez can get 3500+ yards and get a 2.5:1 TD:INT ratio, I'd be beyond thrilled.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
Davey

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sanchez is going to throw for less touchdowns than he did last season. His goal is to cut his interception total in half.
marshawn lynch

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetcane wrote:

He had surgery on it and was fine and like the second week into preseason he said his groin was starting to bother him again.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Davey wrote:
Sanchez is going to throw for less touchdowns than he did last season. His goal is to cut his interception total in half.

I'll take that. I think Bilal Powell can do a good job pounding the ball into the end zone. Hopefully he does better than he did in his one opportunity to do so last year.
RDawg10

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way the jets lose this game is if they make mistakes. I think the bills have improved personal this offseason, as well as gotten healthy. but the jets have a better defense and they are playing at home. In a game where the jets are playing for pride, CMartin, their coach, and management, i think they come up huge. This will be a huge statement game for the jets. There is already enough chalkboard material as it is for them from the media and now afc east predictions. I think people will be suprised on what kind of performance the jets put up.

31-10 jets

Bank it now

Unfortunately i do think the bills have some talent to their team, i just think they are going to run into the wrong team at the wrong time. This is a home opener statement game for the jets.

Look out AFC EAST here we come
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 5:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I kind of like that everyone is doubting us making the playoffs. We play better when people doubt us. I hope we beat teams and rub this circus theme in everyone's face. I'm still predicting us to make the wildcard, and play against Denver. The media will be all over that game.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
JetFanSince85

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know we will win this weekend. But honestly, I hope we win by 20+. I am an objective jet fan because I have seen too much bad over my 25+ years of being a fan.

I think th D will be special. When you have a special D you will be in every game. Look at the final 4 teams last year. 3 of the 4 teams were fueled by their D. Light up the scoreboard Offensive teams sell tickets, advertising and Jerseys. Defensive teams still win Championships. We need a servicable O.

Lets be the sleeping giant this year, sell the Jets short, treat us like the Rich Kotite Jets. Come Sunday knock the snot out of the Bills. Mario Williams hasen't played in over a year. Their D sucks and if your afraid of Steve Johnson, Fred Jackson and Ryan Fitzpatrick then
you need your head examined.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetcane wrote:

He will be healthier than he was all of last season. So probably not a major concern for this week. Could become one of it continues to get worse.

It's going to be a great game. I'm a little worried about your defense. Rex seems to have figured fitz out. Man up on the outside and take away the middle of the field with everyone else. Fitz has a strong arm but lacks the touch and elevation to push the ball toward the sidelines. Plus your corners are obviously terrific. Id say that our best chance is to get the run game going and try to take advantage of some mismatches with Eric Smith out of the game. Scott Chandler could see a lot of targets.

As for our pass rush, you will notice that it all starts from the inside out. Mario Williams is the biggest name but Kyle Williams has been by far the best player in the preseason.

TommyC376^^^
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Jetsman82 wrote:
marshawn lynch wrote:
Jetcane wrote:

He will be healthier than he was all of last season. So probably not a major concern for this week. Could become one of it continues to get worse.

It's going to be a great game. I'm a little worried about your defense. Rex seems to have figured fitz out. Man up on the outside and take away the middle of the field with everyone else. Fitz has a strong arm but lacks the touch and elevation to push the ball toward the sidelines. Plus your corners are obviously terrific. Id say that our best chance is to get the run game going and try to take advantage of some mismatches with Eric Smith out of the game. Scott Chandler could see a lot of targets.

As for our pass rush, you will notice that it all starts from the inside out. Mario Williams is the biggest name but Kyle Williams has been by far the best player in the preseason.

lol We are a better defense with him out.

Quote:
Life passes most people by while they're busy making grand plans for it. - Johnny Depp
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You hate to say it, but the team is better off with Smith not on the field. At least as a starter anyway.
jsnydes

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who's going to step in for him? I was just kind of assuming he was your best cover safety with the reputation Landry and Bell have in coverage. You guys might keep them locked into the strong side and in the box?

TommyC376^^^
rickyt31

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jsnydes wrote:
Who's going to step in for him? I was just kind of assuming he was your best cover safety with the reputation Landry and Bell have in coverage. You guys might keep them locked into the strong side and in the box?

Bell and Landry are the starters. To be honest, I like Landry's covering skills more than I like smith's. Atleast Landry have enough speed to close in on the defender if the ball is caught. Eric is to slow, and can't cover. pretty good at tackling tho

Quote:
Rockice_8

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fred Jackson and Spiller absolutely scare me but if we contain them we win. Punters will be getting a bunch of work this game and I like our special teams to be a big difference maker. Maybe a key Kerley punter return to set up a score.

And I'll say it again, it's time to let Hill loose and hit him deep. I want to see 5-6 absolute bombs to him this game no excuses. None of those Bills corners can run with him.

I want to see big games from Kerley and Powell.

16-10 Jets in a dog fight.

Props to Mack on the sig

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 3 of 33

Jump to: