Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

GDT: Week One - Jets vs Bills
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Arch[STUD]ent

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rickyt31 wrote:
D.Revis24 wrote:
I think that if the Jets can shutdown the run, we will shutdown their offense.

I was thinking the same thing. It will be up to our offense and special teams to do their job.

This will be the case every single week.

I think the key will be the Jets offense being able to give their D rest. If Sanchez can string together some long(er) drives - even if they don't result in any points - I think they come out of here with a W. I always HATE playing the Bills, though.

Ugly win: Jets 13, Bills 9
neauone

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: One player Reply with quote

The Bills and all the so called experts have the Bills overtaking the Jets this year, based on what? Andrew Luck? Cam Newton? No, Mario Willams, Mario Willams has transformed this 6-10 team into a playoff contender. Super Mario who hasn't played in a whole year and is coming back from surgery. The Jets could easily had been 10-6 with a good RT last year. Well now the Jets have also added a defensive player or two, Landry, Bell, Coples and a player who some say has played lights out all preseason and is coming into his own in Kendrick Ellis. Have the Bills improved? Yes, have they improved defensively? Yes. Have the Jets? Oh Yes. We're the Bills a top 20 team defensively, I don't think so, we're the Jets? Oh yes, a top 10 defense and one which promises to be in the tip 5 this year. Let all the experts have the Jets missing the playoffs and finishing behind the Bills. I expect many will be saying at the end of the season "WHO KNEW".
Jetsfandan423

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, I don't foresee this game being a high scoring affair either. I think we will pull out a close one, but it will be a defensive battle.

Adopt a Jet: David Harris
TCKL: 20 SACK: 1 FF: 1 INT:
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just found out that I've been invited to be part of the opening day ceremonies on the field on Sunday. As part of being a season ticket holder, they've invited people to be on the field for the player introductions and National Anthem. We will also get to run out of the tunnel. It'll probably be the coolest thing I've ever done.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
ganggreen1102

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

sounds like we are going to be without dustin keller he is listed under did not particpiate in practice on the jets page on NFL.com
famousj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jets win 16-6.

Jets get a defensive touchdown.
Jets offense continue to have trouble scoring inside the red zone.

Props to Sandwich for Sig

Idzik: SPEND BABY SPEND!!!!
Jetsman82

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:
sounds like we are going to be without dustin keller he is listed under did not particpiate in practice on the jets page on NFL.com

They're just being extra cautious I think. The feeling all along is that he would play.
It has been quite a privileged chat or work with you guys. From time to time.. From Craziness to Serious-mindedness.. From Troll to Boredom.. From Babes to Jets. From Foreigner to American.. Whatever!
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a bad feeling that Keller's hamstring is going to bother him this season. I hope I'm wrong, but the way he dropped reminds me of how Andre Johnson pulled his last year. Then they tried to bring him back to soon, and he got hurt again.
rdelaney89

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:39 pm    Post subject: Re: One player Reply with quote

neauone wrote:
The Bills and all the so called experts have the Bills overtaking the Jets this year, based on what? Andrew Luck? Cam Newton? No, Mario Willams, Mario Willams has transformed this 6-10 team into a playoff contender. Super Mario who hasn't played in a whole year and is coming back from surgery. The Jets could easily had been 10-6 with a good RT last year. Well now the Jets have also added a defensive player or two, Landry, Bell, Coples and a player who some say has played lights out all preseason and is coming into his own in Kendrick Ellis. Have the Bills improved? Yes, have they improved defensively? Yes. Have the Jets? Oh Yes. We're the Bills a top 20 team defensively, I don't think so, we're the Jets? Oh yes, a top 10 defense and one which promises to be in the tip 5 this year. Let all the experts have the Jets missing the playoffs and finishing behind the Bills. I expect many will be saying at the end of the season "WHO KNEW".

1) Jets were a top 5 defense last year

2) People are high on the Bills because they have a lot of people returning from injury. They were doing really well up until starter got hurt.

3) There defense is greatly improved with Mario Williams. He is going to abuse our right side all game. I expect the Jets will try to double him with an extra blocker most of the game.

4) The AFC is the weaker of the 2 conferences so any team can make a WC and since the AFC East has one of the easiest schedules this year a lot of people still have the Jets not the Bills in one of the 2 WC spots.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ganggreen1102 wrote:

I hope Keller can play. Jeff Cumberland as a starting TE isn't too exciting. Sanchez has great chemistry with Keller and that is crucial now with all the new WRs.

Also, your avy is way too big. The limit is 80x80 pixels.
green24

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Did not practice
OL Dennis Landholt right knee OUT
TE Dustin Keller hamstring
S Eric Smith hip/knee - OUT

Limited in practice
RB Joe McKnight hamstring
OL Brandon Moore hip
LB Bryan Thomas ankle
NT Sione Pouha low back
DL Mike Devito calf
LB Nick Bellore shoulder

Full participation (coming off injury)
WR Chaz Schilens ankle
WR Santonio Holmes ribs
DB Ellis Lankster quad
DB Laron Landry heel
LB David Harris ankle
DB Josh Bush concussion
moham-17

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hill is apparently showing up on the injury report with a calf problem, but he played the whole practice from what I understand.
Jetcane

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stevie johnson has groin injury and status is uncertain for Sunday's game.

http://m.espn.go.com/nfl/story?storyId=8346230
KingOfTheHill84

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After watching Romo and his abysmal line last night vs the Giants pass rush, Sanchez has no excuses, him and Romo are similar in style of play and I think Dirty takes a step forward this year and proves his worth

[quote="Ring Worm Sherm"]Revis hasn't done jack since 09[/quote]Fly-A-Jet 2013 Jeremy Kerley
Rec:5 Yards:70 TDs:0 PR Average:7 ypa
rickyt31

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KingOfTheHill84 wrote:
After watching Romo and his abysmal line last night vs the Giants pass rush, Sanchez has no excuses, him and Romo are similar in style of play and I think Dirty takes a step forward this year and proves his worth

I see what your saying but Romo also had a running back that stepped up against a good defense. I'm sure that helped a lot with opening things up.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> New York Jets All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 31, 32, 33  Next
Page 2 of 33

Jump to: