Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Reviewing Seattle after 3 games.
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomSimp

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reviewing Seattle after 3 games. Reply with quote

What does everyone think about how we have been doing?

On the defense i think we are top 3 in the league, our 1 weakness is the pass rush, we need to find LB who can get to the quarterback. Id like to see some more exotic blitz packages aswell.

Our Linebackers have been solid this year, Id like to see Bobby Wagner step up a bit he has been solid but i feel there's more to come from him.
K.J. Wright is emerging as a top 10 LB in this league, he just does everything right, never makes mistakes and is becoming more of a playmaker as each game goes by.

On offense we greatly need WRs who can get open, we have an elite run game. Wilson is the QB for the future but no one can get open on a consistent basis. Comfortably our biggest need imo. Run blocking is great however our pass blocking is abit inconsistent which is leading Wilson to run a fair bit. I do feel he needs to step up in the pocket abit more instead of scrambling immediately.

Needs:
WR
OLB (Pass Rushing)
OG

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:40 pm    Post subject: Re: Reviewing Seattle after 3 games. Reply with quote

TomSimp wrote:

On the defense i think we are top 3 in the league, our 1 weakness is the pass rush, we need to find LB who can get to the quarterback. Id like to see some more exotic blitz packages aswell.

Our Linebackers have been solid this year, Id like to see Bobby Wagner step up a bit he has been solid but i feel there's more to come from him.
K.J. Wright is emerging as a top 10 LB in this league, he just does everything right, never makes mistakes and is becoming more of a playmaker as each game goes by.

On offense we greatly need WRs who can get open, we have an elite run game. Wilson is the QB for the future but no one can get open on a consistent basis. Comfortably our biggest need imo. Run blocking is great however our pass blocking is abit inconsistent which is leading Wilson to run a fair bit. I do feel he needs to step up in the pocket abit more instead of scrambling immediately.

Needs:
WR
OLB (Pass Rushing)
OG

umm I think our pass rush is elite and so is our D. Our weakness is by far WR, lack of seperation and poor play calling by Beval doesnt help. O-line is still coming togeather.
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Wilson in all but the thing that drives me insane that I don't see anyone talking about is his extreme happy feet. He likes to just takes off and run. He didn't seem to do this in the preseason, but he sure is now.

I remember in this game and the cards game, he has had clean pockets but started scrambling like he was about to be sacked, and quit looking down the field. Drove me mad in both games

Giving him a pass for the time being of course because he is a rookie.
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bill21792 wrote:
I like Wilson in all but the thing that drives me insane that I don't see anyone talking about is his extreme happy feet. He likes to just takes off and run. He didn't seem to do this in the preseason, but he sure is now.

I remember in this game and the cards game, he has had clean pockets but started scrambling like he was about to be sacked, and quit looking down the field. Drove me mad in both games

A lot of that is going to do with the difference in defenses he is seeing, the looks being thrown at him in the regular season are goin to be a whole lot more exotic than anything he has seen in his life and things are going to be happening a lot faster too.

At least with Wilson you know if he does leave the pocket he is A] Good at throwing the ball on the run and B] Can gain good yards with his legs if need be.

Conductor of the Keith Wenning bandwagon.
Zach Hodges is a 1st Round Pick in 2015.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Free Russell Wilson

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
bill21792

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
bill21792 wrote:

A lot of that is going to do with the difference in defenses he is seeing, the looks being thrown at him in the regular season are goin to be a whole lot more exotic than anything he has seen in his life and things are going to be happening a lot faster too.

At least with Wilson you know if he does leave the pocket he is A] Good at throwing the ball on the run and B] Can gain good yards with his legs if need be.

For sure. No matter what he is a major improvement over what we had last year. But it still drives me insane when the pocket is completely clean.
BBIB

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely got to get Russell Wilson more weapons in the future.

That's why I wish you guys could have kept Kellen Winslow and taken a chance on TO being on good behavior

But in the future, would be nice to take a 1st round WR to get this guy a go to receiver that can get separation routinely vs man coverage.

Sidney Rice can do it every now and then but he's not a bonafide #1.

McCoy has impressed me though. But again not exactly a bonafide #1 target
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll echo this until Draft Day.

Keenan Allen would go a long way in making this WR corps much better. Don't want to give up our draft to get him, but I wouldn't be opposed to trading up 15 spots to secure him.

IDOG_det

#JDI
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 8:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Reviewing Seattle after 3 games. Reply with quote

Dr.Seahawk wrote:
TomSimp wrote:

Needs:
WR
OLB (Pass Rushing)
OG

umm I think our pass rush is elite and so is our D. Our weakness is by far WR, lack of seperation and poor play calling by Beval doesnt help. O-line is still coming togeather.

Our pass rush isn't elite. I want to see the team back it up on the road, against premier lineman. Then we can talk about the pass rush being elite.

And our biggest weakness is Darrell Bevell.
darnell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 3 weeks its close to exactly what we probably expected.

Elite D with an improved pass rush, elite running game. Conservative playcalling for the QB to completely limit turnover, as seen by Wilson's 4:1 TD/INT ratio.

What we need is more balance on offense as the season goes on.

The best part is that the schedule is/was a murderous row of QBs and there were questions about if our D could play against bigtime QBs. They've made Romo/Rodgers look average (and if Romo and Rodgers weren't as good as they are the Hawks would have dominated even more).
Boom!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's not forget sacks do not make this pass rush elite or not. Sacks are just a stat. We had Tony Romo running for his life last week. That to me is a success even if we don't tally a sack.

Imagine how many more sacks we could have if Tony Romo wasn't doing his best Cam Newton impression last week.

Legion of Boom!
darnell

PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Boom! wrote:
Let's not forget sacks do not make this pass rush elite or not. Sacks are just a stat. We had Tony Romo running for his life last week. That to me is a success even if we don't tally a sack.

Imagine how many more sacks we could have if Tony Romo wasn't doing his best Cam Newton impression last week.

Yep, the pressure has been there as of 2nd half vs the Cards. Romo was phenomenal in avoiding sacks. Rodgers and the Pack went to the dink-n-dunk.
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bear in mind that we haven't gone up against a premier O-Line. Lets lay off the "elite label" until we can beat the "elite lines".
casesdaily

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This conservative playcalling on the offense is kind of annoying. Okay, Wilson is a rookie. However, he's already shown that he is able to throw good passes. The defense is absolutely great, run game as well.
TheOsprey

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn needs to start. I truly believe we'd be 3-0 if he had been starting since day 1, and we would not currently be engulfed in this controversy after the MNF game, if Pete had just played Flynn like he should have. Wilson is not ready. He has no instincts and wants to run, everytime he sees a defender within 10 yards of him. Bevell's playcalling is just pathetic as well. It's a shame that we are totally relying on our defense to win games.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: