Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Who Else Could Go?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
M-High Marauder


Joined: 15 Feb 2007
Posts: 2236
Location: Ohio
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:47 pm    Post subject: Who Else Could Go? Reply with quote

Another thing to think about is the staff that McCoy would build. If he gets a HC job, who else on the Broncos staff could we lose to promotions?

Let's say he leaves, and the Broncos pick Studesville or Gase as his replacement. We could lose the other one to McCoy. Or if the Broncos go outside to fill the position, one of the two could go with McCoy.

Also, who could go if JDR goes?
_________________

Denver Broncos - Detroit Tigers - Michigan Wolverines
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JRebar913


Joined: 11 Mar 2012
Posts: 989
Location: Kansas City
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

del rio isnt leaving. can we stop bringing that up now?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Winder23


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 4263
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think McCoy has enough class not to go after the Broncos coaching staff. At least that is the impression I get.
_________________
GO BRONCOS!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8354
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5203
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8354
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.

I would seriously doubt that Gase would get offered the OC job, just my opinion though. I believe Fox/Manning would go for someone outside then hiring from within.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AKRNA


Joined: 28 May 2008
Posts: 5203
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.

I would seriously doubt that Gase would get offered the OC job, just my opinion though. I believe Fox/Manning would go for someone outside then hiring from within.


I understand both lines of reasoning, hiring from within or without, and both have benefits. Personally I prefer "from within".

I like the continuity that would bring, both with our offense and with BO's development. I think it would benefit Brock immensely to work with the same people and same philosophy for the 1st few years of his career.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8354
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.

I would seriously doubt that Gase would get offered the OC job, just my opinion though. I believe Fox/Manning would go for someone outside then hiring from within.


I understand both lines of reasoning, hiring from within or without, and both have benefits. Personally I prefer "from within".

I like the continuity that would bring, both with our offense and with BO's development. I think it would benefit Brock immensely to work with the same people and same philosophy for the 1st few years of his career.

I just dont think Gase is "ready" to be an OC. What has he done to warrant a promotion? Hes gone from WR coach to QB coach and then 2 years later he automatically deserves to be OC if McCoy leaves? Nah. Not me.

I also dont get the "BO development"? Since when does BO count for anything? Its Manning at the helm and in order to replace a strong leader in McCoy, you have to do that with another strong leader. Why cant they just leave Gase at QB coach? Isnt that better for BO's development?

Ive never heard from Fox's mouth, "Adam Gase has done a really good job with Peyton and Brock". He has said, "Mike and Peyton are working very well together". Thats key to me. Get someone to work well with Peyton. A 30-year-old WR/QB coach isnt that IMHO.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
broncos67


Joined: 28 Dec 2006
Posts: 22296
Location: Conshohocken
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 9:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.

I would seriously doubt that Gase would get offered the OC job, just my opinion though. I believe Fox/Manning would go for someone outside then hiring from within.


I understand both lines of reasoning, hiring from within or without, and both have benefits. Personally I prefer "from within".

I like the continuity that would bring, both with our offense and with BO's development. I think it would benefit Brock immensely to work with the same people and same philosophy for the 1st few years of his career.

I just dont think Gase is "ready" to be an OC. What has he done to warrant a promotion? Hes gone from WR coach to QB coach and then 2 years later he automatically deserves to be OC if McCoy leaves? Nah. Not me.

I also dont get the "BO development"? Since when does BO count for anything? Its Manning at the helm and in order to replace a strong leader in McCoy, you have to do that with another strong leader. Why cant they just leave Gase at QB coach? Isnt that better for BO's development?

Ive never heard from Fox's mouth, "Adam Gase has done a really good job with Peyton and Brock". He has said, "Mike and Peyton are working very well together". Thats key to me. Get someone to work well with Peyton. A 30-year-old WR/QB coach isnt that IMHO.


The thing is, you, me, and anyone who isn't on the team have absolutely zero idea how well someone understands the offense, how well the coach, lead, etc...

Gase got the promotion once, and it's fairly logical to think that we will continue to promote from within as we have done before. I think that's much more likely than spending on high-priced coordinators which will inevitably be poached. The fact of the matter is, continuity is more important than the name.

As far as Osweiler's development, it's very relevant, whether you think so or not. We spent a second round pick on the guy. He's not some 6th round developmental rookie. He's going to be expected to be the guy after Manning. It's important to surround him with good coaching. Manning is going to be good in mostly every situation, but Osweiler is also a big investment for this team.
_________________


Thanks, Tzimisce
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21236
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
The thing is, you, me, and anyone who isn't on the team have absolutely zero idea how well someone understands the offense, how well the coach, lead, etc...


Exactly. I don't understand how people are saying, "I don't want Gase" or "I want Gase". Does anyone know how football intelligent this guy is? I certainly don't. Does anyone know anything about his scheme preferences etc? It would be foolish to make any assumptions based on what we as fans know of him right now.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
JerseysFinest27


Joined: 07 Jan 2010
Posts: 8354
Location: New Jersey... Props to inDENguise on the sig
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

broncos67 wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
AKRNA wrote:
JerseysFinest27 wrote:
McCoy might bring Gase with him for all we know. Those two came in together and have worked together (as OC and QB coach) for 3 years now.


I think, as many have mentioned, that Gase would have the inside track at OC if McCoy left. That said, I doubt he'd leave a promotion in this franchise to follow McCoy to a failing one.

I would seriously doubt that Gase would get offered the OC job, just my opinion though. I believe Fox/Manning would go for someone outside then hiring from within.


I understand both lines of reasoning, hiring from within or without, and both have benefits. Personally I prefer "from within".

I like the continuity that would bring, both with our offense and with BO's development. I think it would benefit Brock immensely to work with the same people and same philosophy for the 1st few years of his career.

I just dont think Gase is "ready" to be an OC. What has he done to warrant a promotion? Hes gone from WR coach to QB coach and then 2 years later he automatically deserves to be OC if McCoy leaves? Nah. Not me.

I also dont get the "BO development"? Since when does BO count for anything? Its Manning at the helm and in order to replace a strong leader in McCoy, you have to do that with another strong leader. Why cant they just leave Gase at QB coach? Isnt that better for BO's development?

Ive never heard from Fox's mouth, "Adam Gase has done a really good job with Peyton and Brock". He has said, "Mike and Peyton are working very well together". Thats key to me. Get someone to work well with Peyton. A 30-year-old WR/QB coach isnt that IMHO.


The thing is, you, me, and anyone who isn't on the team have absolutely zero idea how well someone understands the offense, how well the coach, lead, etc...

Gase got the promotion once, and it's fairly logical to think that we will continue to promote from within as we have done before. I think that's much more likely than spending on high-priced coordinators which will inevitably be poached. The fact of the matter is, continuity is more important than the name.

As far as Osweiler's development, it's very relevant, whether you think so or not. We spent a second round pick on the guy. He's not some 6th round developmental rookie. He's going to be expected to be the guy after Manning. It's important to surround him with good coaching. Manning is going to be good in mostly every situation, but Osweiler is also a big investment for this team.

Why does keeping Gase at QB coach effect Osweilers development? I never said that does, and to me, that makes more sense than to OC.

I look at it this way. Peyton Manning is the guy. Osweiler will be the guy in the future. If Peyton is at the helm, he has shown he likes a veteran OC (see all previous OC's hes had). I agree that Osweiler needs continuity. Keep Gase at QB coach allows Brock to see and work with the same guy every day. Moving Gase up to OC will only separate the relationship (i.e. Gase would then have to have his attention on all offensive players instead of independently focused on BO).


Also, lomaxgr, you are right. Nobody here has any proof hes not intelligent or if he understands football schematics well. We talk football in here based on reports and quotes form coaches. Just like Im doing with Adam Gase, we all did with Dennis Allen before he become DC. Nobody knows untill it happens. All I argue is that Peyton should have a veteran guy that has been around the league once or twice, not a 30yo coach who was coaching WR's 2 years ago and got the promotion when Ben McDaniels left.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
AnAngryAmerican


Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 18562
Location: Loveland, CO
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lomaxgr wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
The thing is, you, me, and anyone who isn't on the team have absolutely zero idea how well someone understands the offense, how well the coach, lead, etc...


Exactly. I don't understand how people are saying, "I don't want Gase" or "I want Gase". Does anyone know how football intelligent this guy is? I certainly don't. Does anyone know anything about his scheme preferences etc? It would be foolish to make any assumptions based on what we as fans know of him right now.

The only thing we can do is look at history, the team's performance and make our best guess. I'm around the team a lot and even I cannot make a real guesstimate as to what Gase would be like as an OC.

However, I am skeptical of anyone who came here with Mac. So I will have my doubts about Gase, should he become the OC, until he removes those doubts.
_________________
big_palooka:

Broncos CSU Rams Rockies Tiger Woods
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
lomaxgr


Joined: 30 Dec 2006
Posts: 21236
Location: Manchester, England
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AnAngryAmerican wrote:
lomaxgr wrote:
broncos67 wrote:
The thing is, you, me, and anyone who isn't on the team have absolutely zero idea how well someone understands the offense, how well the coach, lead, etc...


Exactly. I don't understand how people are saying, "I don't want Gase" or "I want Gase". Does anyone know how football intelligent this guy is? I certainly don't. Does anyone know anything about his scheme preferences etc? It would be foolish to make any assumptions based on what we as fans know of him right now.

The only thing we can do is look at history, the team's performance and make our best guess. I'm around the team a lot and even I cannot make a real guesstimate as to what Gase would be like as an OC.

However, I am skeptical of anyone who came here with Mac. So I will have my doubts about Gase, should he become the OC, until he removes those doubts.


I think it is time you got over that. John Fox has trusted these guys to be here for 2 years now. If they weren't up to the task, they would be gone by now (like Xanders). You said the same about Russell poisoning the minds of our entire scouting department when draft picks were made, and since then we clearly know this isn't the case.

This is the NFL - N(ot)F(or)L(ong). Holdovers aren't kept on for 2 years unless they have earned the right to do so.
_________________


MUFC OK
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Denver Broncos All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group