You are currently viewing the old forums. We have upgraded to a new NFL Forum.
This old forum is being left as a read-only archive.
Please update your bookmarks to our new forum at forums.footballsfuture.com.

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Packers Practice Squad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sandybaby716

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject: Packers Practice Squad Reply with quote

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/09/01/packers-practice-squad-van-roten-starts-running-list/

Mostly the guys who we thought it would be.

For those who don't click on links, it's Datko, Coleman, Borel, Bostick, Van Roten, Guy, and Tyler.

One spot left.

PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I imagine the last spot will be devoted for the Packers traditional intensive scouting "kick the tires on a guy" rotational spot unless it needs to be otherwise occupied.

Or it will be reserved for whichever youngster gets cut for Walden after the SF game.
vang_evo9

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping it was Dale Moss, but doesn't seem to be so since its taking so long.
goldfishwars

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vang_evo9 wrote:
I was hoping it was Dale Moss, but doesn't seem to be so since its taking so long.

He's gone to the Buccs.
PossibleCabbage

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

goldfishwars wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

He's gone to the Buccs.

I wonder what happened there. Maybe the Packers didn't want to sign him, as they only wanted to put one WR on the PS and Borel was a better keep? Maybe Moss had offers from the Packers and the Bucs and chose the team where he might actually make the squad next year? Or maybe he'd just rather winter over in Tampa.
TheGreatZepp

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:
goldfishwars wrote:
vang_evo9 wrote:

He's gone to the Buccs.

I wonder what happened there. Maybe the Packers didn't want to sign him, as they only wanted to put one WR on the PS and Borel was a better keep? Maybe Moss had offers from the Packers and the Bucs and chose the team where he might actually make the squad next year? Or maybe he'd just rather winter over in Tampa.
eight WR's would of been a lot of WR's. Just don't think he showed enough progression this preseason or they could of tried signing him over Borel.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

I think it was a numbers crunch thing. We've got six wide receivers on our active roster, so what sense does it make to have two wide receivers taking up our few spots on the PS? Seems pretty senseless for a guy whose unlikely to contribute next year. Majority of those guys have the potential to be a contributor next year.

PackFan4Life wrote:
I have been pooping like a unicorn for two days and it is freaky.

bkobow05 wrote:
So this is what DCR feels like on Saturdays...
Arodsmightybelt

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, ever so pleased that we were able to keep Coleman, Datko, and Guy around on the PS. All rough around the edges with really good potential, those are the guys u want to keep around.
TedThompson

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PossibleCabbage wrote:

You got it.... much better chance of playing sooner.
And much better weather!
DavidatMIZZOU

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is another OL just in case since we are pretty low there.

I am assuming that we will have an injury or two before the PUP guys are back. But I do wonder who gets the demotion when Walden returns. Just from the roster numbers I would guess Ross or Boykin. Though if we go LB for LB it might be Manning, Jones or Lattimore.

mistakebytehlak wrote:

My god it must be so terrible to have three teams that consistently make the playoffs

driftwood

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks like the packers added that other OL to the PS...

http://blogs.greenbaypressgazette.com/blogs/gpg/insider/2012/09/03/packers-finalize-practice-squad-add-ol-scott/
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very happy Scott found work. Great kid!
BartStarving

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like what the guy in the comments of that original article says, "Operation Conceal Coleman was a success." Smile Indeed, that ugly pick in the Cleveland game might be the most important pass of his career. On to MCCARTHY 101, fall semester.
palmy50

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BartStarving wrote:
I like what the guy in the comments of that original article says, "Operation Conceal Coleman was a success." Smile Indeed, that ugly pick in the Cleveland game might be the most important pass of his career. On to MCCARTHY 101, fall semester.

Coleman might be the most improved player on the roster come next year. Probably the most talented arm on any PS in the league. Wonder if TT would pull him up if he received an offer? Arm talent like that would be hard to watch walk out the door.
Blount_truth

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

palmy50 wrote:
BartStarving wrote:

Coleman might be the most improved player on the roster come next year. Probably the most talented arm on any PS in the league. Wonder if TT would pull him up if he received an offer? Arm talent like that would be hard to watch walk out the door.

He's got a heckuva arm but oh man are those feet a mess. On that Cleveland throw he did a high kick to plant. Plenty of his throws came without that plant foot. With some work though I could easily see him pushing harrell out the doors. So I'd keep him around if someone made an offer.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: