Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

B-More_2011's FINAL 2013 Ravens Mock Draft

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:51 pm    Post subject: B-More_2011's FINAL 2013 Ravens Mock Draft Reply with quote

So excited for tomorrow, the draft is the best day of the football calender behind the Super Bowl and opening day, IMO. This is by far the most intriguing draft class that I've ever evaluated, and even a lot of the so called "experts" feel the same way. (btw, I love Mel Kiper Jr., I feel like he gets a bad rep on here, but I like him more than McShay or Mayock) This is my last mock draft, so I'm not doing other offseason moves because I feel like other than future extensions or the possibility of brining McKinnee back, that Ravens are done making headlines in FA. I used the Mock Draft online game for this, and I've ran simulations before, but this is how I would do it. So here goes nothing...

Baltimore trades pick #32 to San Diego for their 2nd, 3rd and 4th. They select Tyler Eifret, TE, Notre Dame.

Round 2 Pick 13 (S.D.): Kevin Minter, ILB, LSU - I, like the rest of you don't trust Rolando McClain at all. I still think we're picking an ILB early. Arthur Brown was on the board but Minter is better value and is a guy that I've liked throughout this entire draft process. He should make for a great MIKE inour system where he can blitz more and stuff the A and B gaps.

Round 2 Pick 30: DeAndre Hopkins, WR, Clemson - Probably my favorite WR prospect. This guy reminds me a lot of Roddy White. Precise route running and enough speed to get separation while running deep is what makes this guy such a threat. If he's there at the end of the 2nd it's a guarantee that he goes to us, imo.

Miami trades their 3rd, 4th, and 5th for pick #76. They select Marquise Goodwin, WR, Texas

Round 3 Pick 15 (MIA): D.J. Swearinger, FS, South Carolina - I could've taken Matt Elam first, but I didn't trust Arthur Brown to fall to the end of the 2nd, so grabbing Swearinger in the middle of the 3rd is great value. I don't know if he's a pure SS, but maybe in time he'll be the starting FS and we could push Huff in the box. Either way, this is a good pick considering we missed out of Elam and Cyperin.

Round 3 Pick 32: Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern State - Pretty much BPA from this point on. Williams is a HUGE dude, and he could be a dangerous 2-down NT in our scheme. A little raw but we're deep on the D-Line so he'll have to time to learn from some of our great veterans.

Round 4 Pick 13 (S.D.): Chase Thomas, OLB, Stanford - I could see Thomas playing a Kruger-esque kind of roll for us. He was a good pass rusher at Stanford. Definitley a stand-up linebacker rather than a 4-3 LE.

Round 4 Pick 14 (MIA): Barrett Jones, C, Alabama - The fact that this draft class is so blank at LT makes this move kind of puzzling, but it should make for an interesting preseason. Jones played all over the place at Alabama, even LT. Him and Osemelle would become our most versatile OL, and I'm in the minority thinking that Jones can play a mauling LT at the NFL level with his great instincts and natural ability to play every position on the O-Line.

Round 4 Pick 32: Kevin Reddick, ILB, North Carolina - Probably a special teammer in his first year but I like this guy as a starter moving forward. Having Reddick and Minter in the middle would make our front seven one of the most dangerous run defenses in the league again. He's a thumper who can cover TE's, gotta love picks like that in the late 4th round.

Round 4 Pick 33 (COMP): Shamarko Thomas, SS, Syracuse - Again a special teamer. Could play a role similar to Nakamura did in his years in Baltimore.

Round 5 Pick 13 (MIA): Sio Moore, OLB, Connecticut - I was surprised to see him fall this far. I don't think you can ever have too many LBer's, so bringing in Moore would provide good depth beind Suggs and Dumervil.

Round 5 Pick 32: Josh Boyd, DT, Mississippi State - 3-tech DE in our scheme, and can play inside in nickel situations. Building that front seven like Ozzie said he would do.

Round 5 Pick 35 (COMP): Xavier Nixon, OT, Florida - More of a project player but he's got the size and athleticism to play LT, he just needs to work on technique. Those are the kind of players any coach would like to have. Couple yeras down the road he could be a good player for us.

Round 6 Pick 31: Adrian Bushell, CB, Louisville - BPA
Round 6 Pick 32: Rick Wagner, OT, Wisconsin - BPA
Round 6 Pick 35 (COMP): Knile Davis, RB, Arkansas - BPA
Round 7 Pick 32: Joe Kruger, DE, Utah - BPA
Round 7 Pick 41 (COMP): Mychal Rivera, TE, Tennessee -BPA

It's a lot of picks but it was enough to cover all of our major needs and than adding depth as well. Anyway, this is how I think the drat will go, or at least something similar to this. I don't see us picking in the first round at all, and completely expect us to trade back. Anyway, what do you guys think?
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd love this draft, but I don't think many of those players will be there where you have them being picked. Minter could be there, but I think Hopkins will be long gone by the end of the 2nd round. I think Brandon Williams will be gone by then, Barrett Jones will be gone, Kevin Reddick will be gone, Sio Moore will be gone, Joe Kruger will be gone. Obviously its not definite that they are all gone, but I just think you're being a bit optimistic with some of them.

GO RAVENS!!
B-More_2011

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
I'd love this draft, but I don't think many of those players will be there where you have them being picked. Minter could be there, but I think Hopkins will be long gone by the end of the 2nd round. I think Brandon Williams will be gone by then, Barrett Jones will be gone, Kevin Reddick will be gone, Sio Moore will be gone, Joe Kruger will be gone. Obviously its not definite that they are all gone, but I just think you're being a bit optimistic with some of them.

I did this from the draft mock game thing online. All of these players were there when I picked, and realistically when the draft does come around a lot of late round guys fall farther than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys are still around by where they were picked.
Where are the Chiefs at #11?

Nobody cares about the Chiefs.
Baltimore Pride

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

B-More_2011 wrote:
Go_Ravens2 wrote:

I did this from the draft mock game thing online. All of these players were there when I picked, and realistically when the draft does come around a lot of late round guys fall farther than expected. I wouldn't be surprised if some of these guys are still around by where they were picked.
When I was checking it out I was kinda factoring that in too. Overall I would be very pleased with this draft.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would love if the draft played out for the ravens this way. My biggest concern though is do we really have space for 16 new players on the roster.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: