Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
aussie_raven77

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Well, I like Arthur Brown as the first pick. Other than that it's okay. It's no secret I'm not a fan of Reid and I don't see the need to double-dip at S in the top 4 rounds. The same goes for WR. Rogers in the 3rd or Harper in the 4th would be nice but not both of them at the same time. Thomas and Kruger in the 5th round are alright. I like the rest of the later picks.

Agreed about Reid, I'd rather trade back in that spot and think about Rambo or Phillip Thomas or draft Kyle and go safety in the 3rd. I also agree in regards to the reciever position, in that situation he hasn't addressed the OT position and two good prospects in Aboushi and Barrett Jones are still on the board, or if he wanted to be greedy and double dip on a position Kasheem Greene was on the board. I also would have picked Terrence Williams if I was going to double up
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed. If Greene is available in the 3rd or 4th round, no doubt in my mind he's a Raven, no matter who we take in the first two rounds... unless of course we go with something like Te'O and Arthur Brown. Twisted Evil

But otherwise, if Brown falls to us at pick #32, then Greene in the 3rd round would be an awesome pick. With the run stuffers we have up front and with Upshaw containing the edge, both Greene and Brown's athleticism would be phenomenal in knifing through lanes and making plays. I don't like Reid in the 2nd. I'd rather we take Stedman Bailey and then go safety in a later round. I would like his mock for us very muchm but with what he has on the board, I would most prefer:
1. Arthur Brown, ILB
2. Stedman Bailey, WR
3. Khaseem Greene, ILB
4. Barrett Jones, LT/IOL
4. Sam Montgomery, ET
5. TJ McDonald, S
5. Joe Kruger, DE
6. Terry Hawthorne, CB
6. Josh Boyd, DE
6. Micah Hyde, CB/S
7. Tanner Hawkinson, LT
7. Justice Cunningham, BTE

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well yea I wasn't saying it was perfect and I definitely agree that I'd like to take Greene if he is available that late. I was just saying I wouldn't complain in the least if we came away with the set of players he has us taking.

Edit: Although I'd love your haul of players even more DB. That would be one heck of a draft

GO RAVENS!!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go_Ravens2 wrote:
Well yea I wasn't saying it was perfect and I definitely agree that I'd like to take Greene if he is available that late. I was just saying I wouldn't complain in the least if we came away with the set of players he has us taking.

Edit: Although I'd love your haul of players even more DB. That would be one heck of a draft

Yeah, I got that. But you were right, a haul like that I wouldn't have been unhappy with. We pick up an athletic cover ILB in Arthur Brown, probably the best guy in this class for that role. Then we pick up a very good thumper and a very good leader at ILB in Michael Mauti, a guy that I love... if not for his knees (which have got to be close to shot if they aren't already, dude has had three major knee injuries).

I'm a big fan of Joe Kruger, I think he'd be a tremendous fit in a Justin Smith role and as a 43 DE, he reminds me of Jared Allen. He's not as polished as he could be, but he's athletic, has nice hand usage, great size, and plays with a tenacity.

I like the notion of taking a gamble on Da'Rick Rogers. He's the kind of receiver that we lack. A possession, redzone WR option. If he's available in that spot, in most mocks there isn't going to be better value to be had (except this mock of course still has plenty of talent on the board at that point- Greene and Montgomery to name a few).

I'm not a big fan of Harper, haven't watched tape of Jones tbh... and while Chase Thomas was productive, I'd be weary of him just because of his numbers... but numbers aside, him being our pick wouldn't surprise me at all. Same with Dial.

I don't like the Rivera pick though. We have no need for his kind of TE. We need a blocking option, which Mychal isn't one.

Overall though, I'd be pretty content with this. I just see more wasted picks then I'd like.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rumour has it were looking to trade up for Lane Johnson. I don't think it's true because we would have to give up an arm and a leg to move up pick 6-10

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/report-ravens-consider-trading-up-for-lane-johnson/
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Thatís the word from Mike Preston of the Baltimore Sun

Phew, almost believed it for a second.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:
Rumour has it were looking to trade up for Lane Johnson. I don't think it's true because we would have to give up an arm and a leg to move up pick 6-10

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/24/report-ravens-consider-trading-up-for-lane-johnson/

Hmm. I'd love to get him but I don't know how that is possible without giving up next years 1st or at the very least two 2nds.

Then again, 2 2s wouldn't be that awful. I wouldn't do it but I could live with it.

EDIT: Looking at what ATL traded to get to 6 for Julio, I think it's going to be way too much. Even in a draft as weak at the top as this one.

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mancunian Raven

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

r_sayle wrote:

Getting Lane Johnson would make that O-line purely dominant. I'd love it. Flacco would have about a week to throw on every play, once they all got up to speed.

Won't happen though, because moving up 20 or so spots in the first round would cost way too much. And I don't see a team wanting to move down that far in the first round either.

But if Johnson somehow slips in the draft (which he won't, because he will not get past San Diego), then he could become a very enticing prospect to trade up a few spots for.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost impossible but I wonder would something like:
1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th in 2013
& 1st & 5th rounders in 2014
To Oakland for #3 overall do the trick.

I know the value is off but think about it...
Oakland is desperate in wanting to add a 2nd rounder this year that they lost in the Palmer trade, and if Geno really is there guy he could slip to the end of Round 1 if he falls past New York at 13.

On top of that, they have an abundance of holes to fill and if they opted not to take Geno at 32, they'd be armed with 2 1st rounders in next years draft which top end/1st round talent way surpasses this years draft.

Let's say they don't finish the year with the worst record, having those two 1sts could put them in prime position to trade up for the prize if the draft, Teddy Bridgewater providing them a legitimate franchise QB to build around.

Lets say that's their plan, the. They can add BPA in this deeper draft at positions of need like DT, WR, CB, etc.

Is my scenario improbable and crazy? Absolutely but the fact still remains, with so many teams in the top 18 looking to trade back, it's a "buyer's market' so to say and Ozzie & company could take advantage of that.

But in the end, it doesn't happen because Ozzie truly values his picks and it would just be far too expensive to do such a move.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Just in case anybody missed it. I think the guy who predicted the world was ending had more credibility than Preston.
Anubiz

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Next years draft class is pretty rich with OT's with potential 1st round grades.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys

We're voting on who should be Baltimore's 2nd round pick in the draft section. It would be great to have your thoughts and votes.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=16135843

Cheers

GFW
wackywabbit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Quote:

Just in case anybody missed it. I think the guy who predicted the world was ending had more credibility than Preston.

Seriously, what's with other media sources making stories out of the crap he says.
Ryoga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key phrase here in all the Lane Johnson talk is "reasonable cost" I'm sure there are plenty of prospects that the ravens would trade up for if it didn't cost them alot in terms of draft picks. It's amazing how Preston managed to make an article stating the obvious and then have other reporters quote it as news.
mcdni

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preston doesn't have a clue.

Ozzie doesn't trade future 1st round picks. He says the only time they did it was for a QB and even then he regretted it the next year when he wished he had that 1st round pick. We don't need a QB so I just can't see any situation where Ozzie trades up that far.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 37 of 38

Jump to: