Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
What are everyone's thought's on John Simon? I think he could develop into a more athletic Jarrett Johnson. I'd love him in round 3-4 even though OLB isn't a position of need.

I think he's a bit redundant with us already having Courtney Upshaw to shut down the run. I'd much rather we're looking at guys with a strong pass rushing skillset.

He did have 9 and 7 sacks the past two years respectively, and test well at his pro day.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
alfalcone wrote:
What are everyone's thought's on John Simon? I think he could develop into a more athletic Jarrett Johnson. I'd love him in round 3-4 even though OLB isn't a position of need.

I think he's a bit redundant with us already having Courtney Upshaw to shut down the run. I'd much rather we're looking at guys with a strong pass rushing skillset.

I think Upshaw has a strong pass rushing skillset. Best hand use and strength of any of the pass rushers in last years class. Got the better of Clady a few times last year.

I love John Simon. Strong as hell. Good technique. Nice spin move. Great motor. Great leader with a great work ethic. As much as I am all for BPA, though, I think drafting our 4th pass rusher in the top 100 is a little overkill. 3rd round maybe but I would be stunned if he is on the board at 94.

Free Ray Rice
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/04/18/rookies-who-trashed-hotel-room-at-combine-are-identified/

Quote:
According to Adam Schefter of ESPN, Clemson receiver DeAndre Hopkins and Rutgers receiver Mark Harrison stayed in the room at the Crowne Plaza that was left in poor condition. Via Schefter, toothpaste was on the mirror (guilty as charged), partially-eaten food was left on one of the beds (guilty as charged), and urine and feces were “around the bathroom” (based on alcohol consumption, possibly guilty as charged).

Though it all doesn't sound particularly troubling (especially for kids in their early 20s), Schefter reports that the scene was bad enough to prompt some scouts to take pictures of the room.

Dumb dumb dumb.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2013 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By strong pass rushing skillset, I didn't mean that Upshaw couldn't be a pass rusher himself or that Simon can't get to the QB, I was moreso referring to getting a pass rusher whose skillset differs from our current crop- an explosive, naturally talented pass rusher. I like a guy like Corey Lemonier to fit better in our stable with what he could bring to the table IMO.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been checking out Margus Hunt. He doesn't look as raw to me as everyone keeps saying. Really poor tackler but everything else he looks dominant. Wish the 2012 game against A&M was online.

Free Ray Rice
DreamKid

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Been checking out Margus Hunt. He doesn't look as raw to me as everyone keeps saying. Really poor tackler but everything else he looks dominant. Wish the 2012 game against A&M was online.

My problem with Margus is his age, he will be 26 in july. As with most foreign players he is over aged, and has not been playing long. I do see his natural ability as well though, he has great burst and natural strength. He is raw in a technique sense, but he has a great head on his shoulders and should respond to coaching well. The question is how long will it take for him to reach his potential, and when he does how old will he be? Those questions are what is going to hurt him come draft day. I see him going to a team ready to contend, that will build him as they battle. A team looking to build a young nucleus for the future won't look to him early in the draft. Good story, good kid, I hope he succeeds because it will be good for JJ Watt to have some competition for who looks most like an 80's movie jock/bully.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Been doing some last minute scouting and adjusting my lists some.

ILB
1. Arthur Brown
2. Manti Te'O
3. Khaseem Greene
4. Kevin Minter
5. Sio Moore
6. Alec Ogletree

S
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Matt Elam
3. TJ McDonald
4. Kenny Vaccaro
5. Shamarko Thomas
6. Eric Reid
7. DJ Swearinger

WR
1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Stedman Bailey
3. Tavon Austin
4. Cordarelle Patterson
5a. Terrance Williams
5b. Keenan Allen
7. Robert Woods
8. Da'Rick Rogers
9. Justin Hunter
10. Markus Wheaton

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2013 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are my most recent rankings for WR.

1. Cordarrelle Patterson
2. Keenan Allen
3. Stedman Bailey
4. Da'Rick Rogers
5. Tavon Austin
6. DeAndre Hopkins
7. Justin Hunter
8. Tavarres King
9. Robert Woods
10. Chris Harper

What intrigues me about your rankings DB is that you have Hopkins over Bailey. One of the main reasons I started really noticing Bailey's ability was comparing him to Hopkins. He has stronger hands, his blocking is astronomicaly better, and his ceiling can't be seen from Hopkin's. I like DeAndre and I think he would fit great in our offense, but I feel he has reached his potential. Anything he does well, Stedman does way better and has more room to grow at. I'm comfortable saying that knowing Hopkins is currently only 20. DeAndre has the edge in size but he doesn't exactly play "big". I really see Bailey being a Derrick Mason or more, and I have him 3rd only because a Derrick Mason doesn't impact a game as much as a player like Allen or Cordarrelle projects to impact it. It was hard for me to put Bailey over Rogers too, because Rogers could be a Dez Terrell esque force hopefully minus the concetration drops. I love this WR class, and wouldn't mind double or dare I say even triple dripping in it. Let's get crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WR

1. Austin
2. Patterson
3. Allen
4. Woods
5. Hopkins
6. Hunter
7. Bailey
8. D Rogers
9. T Williams
10. Swope

S

1. Elam
2. Vaccaro
3. Cyprien
4. Swearinger
5. Reid
6. S Thomas
7. McDonald
8. Rambo
9. P Thomas
10. Jefferson

ILB

1. Ogletree
2. Brown
3. Teo
4. Minter
5. Greene
6. Bostic
7. N Johnson
8. Reddick
9. Alonzo
10. Mauti

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

im suprised that John Lotulelei isnt getting any love as a late round guy the tape ive watched on him he seems perfect for us, decent in coverage, aggressive tackler, shredds blocks well, i would love him on the Ravens.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

What intrigues me about your rankings DB is that you have Hopkins over Bailey. One of the main reasons I started really noticing Bailey's ability was comparing him to Hopkins. He has stronger hands, his blocking is astronomicaly better, and his ceiling can't be seen from Hopkin's. I like DeAndre and I think he would fit great in our offense, but I feel he has reached his potential. Anything he does well, Stedman does way better and has more room to grow at. I'm comfortable saying that knowing Hopkins is currently only 20. DeAndre has the edge in size but he doesn't exactly play "big". I really see Bailey being a Derrick Mason or more, and I have him 3rd only because a Derrick Mason doesn't impact a game as much as a player like Allen or Cordarrelle projects to impact it. It was hard for me to put Bailey over Rogers too, because Rogers could be a Dez Terrell esque force hopefully minus the concetration drops. I love this WR class, and wouldn't mind double or dare I say even triple dripping in it. Let's get crazy.

Bailey is more polished at this point, but Hopkins has better length. I also think Hopkins is faster on the field. I see Hopkins having the better upside of the two, but he's also very polished himself. Obviously my list is a lot about what guys can do already vs. "potential" moving forward. And maturity has a good portion to do with the receiver rankings, there have been a lot of receivers busts, but generally speaking... guys that work hard and have a high drive... they don't bust. Torrey Smith came into the league with bad hands, below average route running, and it's been his drive that's gotten him to this point. I trust Hopkins and Bailey, I trust Austin. It's why I have them as my top options.

In terms of 'playing strong' I think Hopkins is still developing into the receiver he's going to be. His EOS weight was something like 200 lbs or so. His combine weight was about 215 lbs. He also said something like 'it's good weight'... and I think he's right. At his heavier weight, I'd like to see how his playing style evolves a little.

Not sure if I've answered your question.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Ravens-Have-185-Draftable-Players/119725e0-025d-4932-a235-052fb5411f5b

Quote:
When the Ravens talk about this year’s draft, one point clearly sticks out: This is a deep class.

The quality of players extends well into the third day, and that’s good news for the Ravens in a year where they’re armed with 12 total picks.

“This year, unlike other years, we find that there are probably about 185 players that we think are draftable players,” Assistant General Manager Eric DeCosta said. “Most years we’re trying to get to 150, so this is a very, very deep draft, with a lot of extra players, and we’re very excited about that.”

That's a really good thing considering how many late picks Baltimore has this year.

Also, what Ravens forum draft competition(s) are we doing this year?
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Been doing some last minute scouting and adjusting my lists some.

ILB
1. Arthur Brown
2. Manti Te'O
3. Khaseem Greene
4. Kevin Minter
5. Sio Moore
6. Alec Ogletree

S
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Matt Elam
3. TJ McDonald
4. Kenny Vaccaro
5. Shamarko Thomas
6. Eric Reid
7. DJ Swearinger

WR
1. DeAndre Hopkins
2. Stedman Bailey
3. Tavon Austin
4. Cordarelle Patterson
5a. Terrance Williams
5b. Keenan Allen
7. Robert Woods
8. Da'Rick Rogers
9. Justin Hunter
10. Markus Wheaton

Using your same list of players, here's my rankings...

ILB
1. Kevin Minter
2. Manti Te'O
3. Arthur Brown
4. Khaseem Greene
5. Alec Ogletree
6. Sio Moore

S
1. Jonathan Cyprien
2. Kenny Vaccaro
3. Matt Elam
4. DJ Swearinger
5. TJ McDonald
6. Eric Reid
7. Shamarko Thomas

WR
1. Cordarelle Patterson
2. DeAndre Hopkins
3. Tavon Austin
4. Robert Woods
5. Stedman Bailey
6. Keenan Allen
7. Da'Rick Rogers
8. Justin Hunter
9. Terrance Williams
10. Markus Wheaton

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Josh Norris posted a 7 round mock draft on NFL.com and I personally would love the draft for the Ravens. What do you guys think?

http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap1000000162248/article/2013-nfl-draft-sevenround-mock-forecasts-every-pick-1-to-254

1. Arthur Brown, LB
2. Eric Reid, S
3. Da'Rick Rogers, WR
4. Chris Harper, WR
4. Don Jones, S
5. Chase Thomas, LB
5. Joe Kruger, DE
6. Terry Hawthorne, CB
6. Michael Mauti, LB
6. Quinton Dial, DE
7. Mychal Rivera, TE
7. Mark Jackson, OT

I don't know a ton about the later round guys, but I'd be very happy with this draft. I know a lot of guys here aren't that high on Reid, but I like him enough at the end of the second.

GO RAVENS!!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I like Arthur Brown as the first pick. Other than that it's okay. It's no secret I'm not a fan of Reid and I don't see the need to double-dip at S in the top 4 rounds. The same goes for WR. Rogers in the 3rd or Harper in the 4th would be nice but not both of them at the same time. Thomas and Kruger in the 5th round are alright. I like the rest of the later picks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 36 of 38

Jump to: