Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jamar Taylor added to the list. Really like him. Highly doubt we'd go that way 1st round or he'd be there at 62. Love to have him thought.

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just was looking at the Alabama tapes of: Ogletree, Minter, and Te'O side by side by side... and I thought Te'O was clearly on another level when compared to the other two. Te'O seemed to have some trouble with finishing his tackles- which wasn't encouraging, but his instincts were just insane. He struggled with shedding blocks on occasion, but he looked comparable in taking on blocks than to Minter, if not more impressive (which was surprising) and Ogltree. But Te'O used his instincts and anticipation to shoot gaps. Sometimes he shot the wrong gap, but the same was true for both Tree and Minter. And he's clearly the most explosive of the three players as well.

Ogletree has better long speed, but Te'O is definitely the more explosive player in pads.

I'll have to go back to the tape to re-asses my opinion on my ILBs. Brown is still my top guy, but I think Te'O just might be my #2 ranked ILB.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm liking Te'o more and more, as the controversy dies down.

His play on the field is indeed at a very high level, and it goes to show that 40 times and workout drills can only tell you so much about a guy. The cliché is that a guy 'plays faster than he runs', and I think that's definitely the case with Te'o.

He looks like a 3-down linebacker to me, and I'm really impressed with his character, the way he's bouncing back from everything and not letting it get to him. He's accepted it all, moved on, and I don't see him reacting badly to anything that people might say in the locker room or on the field. I'm sure he's heard everything now that could possibly be said.

If he's still on the board at #32 (which he probably won't be), I'd want the Ravens to pick him.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad the Teo support is growing.

Him and Nuke Hopkins are the top 2 players I (realistically) want to see end up as Ravens. Nuke especially seems like a less athletic Torrey Smith with better hands. He's can't miss in the sense that he'll be a good number 2 at least.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wackywabbit wrote:
Glad the Teo support is growing.

Him and Nuke Hopkins are the top 2 players I (realistically) want to see end up as Ravens. Nuke especially seems like a less athletic Torrey Smith with better hands. He's can't miss in the sense that he'll be a good number 2 at least.

Hopkins is my ideal first round selection. If we can't go WR with Hopkins, I think Terrance Williams or Robert Woods in the 2nd round and Stedman Bailey via a trade down into the 3rd (or trade up) would probably be our best options.

But yeah, I was never low on Te'O, just didn't think any ILB outside of Brown was worth a 1st round pick and I had Minter rated higher. But the Alabama games for both made me realize that Te'O had a much more explosive burst than Minter. I think he definitely has the elite burst needed to be a 3 down ILB.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-connecticut-linebacker-sio-moore-has-visited-ravens-steelers-20130412,0,1384206.story

Quote:
Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore has visited the Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

In addition to the Super Bowl champions and their AFC North rival, Moore has also visited the Dallas Cowboys, St. Louis Rams and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The All-Big East Conference selection is an athletic 6-foot-1, 245-pounder who recorded 72 tackles, 15 1/2 for losses as a senior, with 7 1/2 sacks and 11 pass deflections.

Moore is a really interesting player. He could play any LB spot in any scheme. His value is hard to determine though.
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-connecticut-linebacker-sio-moore-has-visited-ravens-steelers-20130412,0,1384206.story

Quote:
Connecticut linebacker Sio Moore has visited the Ravens and Pittsburgh Steelers, according to sources with knowledge of the situation.

In addition to the Super Bowl champions and their AFC North rival, Moore has also visited the Dallas Cowboys, St. Louis Rams and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

The All-Big East Conference selection is an athletic 6-foot-1, 245-pounder who recorded 72 tackles, 15 1/2 for losses as a senior, with 7 1/2 sacks and 11 pass deflections.

Moore is a really interesting player. He could play any LB spot in any scheme. His value is hard to determine though.

Another Sean Porter.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:

Quote:

He was one of the few ILBs that I had failed to look at- until now. After looking at his Rutgers and Pittsburgh tapes, I think he looks like a mid to late 3rd round prospect.

I'd have him similarly ranked with AJ Klein... though maybe a little higher.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It'll be interesting to see what other high-profile prospects the Ravens have brought in for visits. They usually take a couple of those guys in the draft. From what I can tell Ozzie doesn't use a whole lot of smokescreens. He just locks down any information from leaking to the media.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking at the last couple years of visits it seems like we bring in a lot of guys who weren't at the combine or didn't participate, have character questions, jumped onto the national radar with a great combine performance, etc. I think they are just fact finding missions.

Alec Ogletree added to list of visits.

Free Ray Rice
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Keenan Allen, the No. 1-rated WR on some boards, was red-flagged for a drug test at scouting combine in Indy and retested this month.

Well, that was dumb.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-ravens-displaying-interest-in-ohio-state-offensive-tackle-reid-fragel-20130416,0,1423523.story

Quote:
Ohio State offensive tackle Reid Fragel has drawn a lot of interest from the Ravens, according to sources.
Fragel has visited the New England Patriots, New York Giants, Miami Dolphins, Detroit Lions, Chicago Bears and the Cincinnati Bengals.
Fragel is a 6-foot-8, 308-pound converted tight end who started every game at right offensive tackle as a senior and earned honorable-mention All-Big Ten Conference honors.

Good. Fragel is the type of developmental mid-round OT I hope the Ravens go after.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah Allen is just destroying his stock... he fails a drug test? Runs a horrible 40 and hasn't been able to get back from his injury earlier than this... what's next, he scores a two on his wonderlic and then beats on a female cop?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched Kenny Stills interviewed on NFL Network, and I thought he came across pretty well. Seems to have a good head on his shoulders (not including his haircut) and a genuine appreciation of how lucky he is, and how hard he's going to have to work to make it all the way.

He seems to have had some consistency issues, and has displayed a lack of maturity (though he is still only 20), but the talent is definitely there.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm telling you not sleep on Keenan Allen at all. He's going to be a stud and I'd bank on it.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubiz wrote:
I'm telling you not sleep on Keenan Allen at all. He's going to be a stud and I'd bank on it.

I still like Allen a lot too but things aren't going in his favor. My biggest concern with him is the injury that he seems to not be getting over but even with that I'd be happy if the Ravens took him at 32.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 34 of 38

Jump to: