Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7414
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not exactly what I'd be looking for but I wouldn't hate it either. My main concern is Goodson. I can't help but get a Figurs-esque feel from him. Brooks' draft for the Ravens was... ugly.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
BareYourTeeth


Joined: 29 Mar 2009
Posts: 1051
Location: I'm a machine Jerk!
PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Not exactly what I'd be looking for but I wouldn't hate it either. My main concern is Goodson. I can't help but get a Figurs-esque feel from him. Brooks' draft for the Ravens was... ugly.


Yeah I figured less said about it the better. Laughing
_________________

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anubiz


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 4:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't want a pass-rusher in the 1st round... With Doom in the mix I think that's a position that definitely shouldn't be looked at early on. I know the saying that one can never have enough pass rushers, but it'd be wasted value that early.

ILB, S, OT, and WR are far more dire needs right now.

I absolutely love Swearinger in the 2nd in that mock, but I don't like Goodwin much in the 3rd. I get the Figurs-esque feel as well.

I'm really, really keen on the idea of trading up in the 1st for Keenan Allen but I'm starting to love the idea of Khaseem Greene. I want Greene pretty damn badly. I think he'd be sooo ideal.

Personally I'd love to see the Ravens trade up in the 2nd Round and 3rd Round (we have a plethora of picks to accomplish both potentially)

1st - Khaseem Greene or Quitton Patton
2nd - Quitton Patton or Khaseem Greene
3rd - DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald

Essentially I want: Greene, Patton, Swearinger on this team!
PLEASE!
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aussie_raven77


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubiz wrote:
Don't want a pass-rusher in the 1st round... With Doom in the mix I think that's a position that definitely shouldn't be looked at early on. I know the saying that one can never have enough pass rushers, but it'd be wasted value that early.

ILB, S, OT, and WR are far more dire needs right now.

I absolutely love Swearinger in the 2nd in that mock, but I don't like Goodwin much in the 3rd. I get the Figurs-esque feel as well.

I'm really, really keen on the idea of trading up in the 1st for Keenan Allen but I'm starting to love the idea of Khaseem Greene. I want Greene pretty damn badly. I think he'd be sooo ideal.

Personally I'd love to see the Ravens trade up in the 2nd Round and 3rd Round (we have a plethora of picks to accomplish both potentially)

1st - Khaseem Greene or Quitton Patton
2nd - Quitton Patton or Khaseem Greene
3rd - DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald

Essentially I want: Greene, Patton, Swearinger on this team!
PLEASE!


I like your double trade up idea, but I'd prefer trade up:
1st for Allen
trade up 2nd for Minter or best remaining MLB
then 3rd for best remaining S hopefully DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
Mancunian Raven


Joined: 09 Oct 2012
Posts: 2220
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So it seems that the Ravens are asking Bryan Hall to slim down and compete at ILB:

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/article-1/Bryan-Hall-Switching-To-Inside-Linebacker-/104bf17e-1dde-4a9b-a9e9-ceaffc54380b

I'm definitely starting to think they're not that keen on going ILB high in this draft at all. So far we've been told Albert McClellan will be moving to ILB, Courtney Upshaw might move there on certain packages, and now Bryan Hall as well. Seems like they want to find answers from within the existing roster.

If they could, then this would address another pressing need, meaning that the Ravens could then focus on LT and WR at the top of the draft. People are talking about Justin Pugh being a potential starting LT at the end of the 1st round, so I wonder how closely the Ravens are looking at these second tier guys like Pugh, Watson, Fluker and Long.[/url]
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anubiz


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie_raven77 wrote:


I like your double trade up idea, but I'd prefer trade up:
1st for Allen
trade up 2nd for Minter or best remaining MLB
then 3rd for best remaining S hopefully DJ Swearinger or TJ McDonald


Here's my thought process though and why I think a lot of us are sleeping on Khaseem Greene:

I look at our off-season and see that this front office has shifted to get younger, but they also have a desire to get more athletic & faster on the field. If we're looking at borderline 1st round talents at the ILB position I don't think we get any more athletic and faster than: Khaseem Greene, a kind of local product as well - Rutgers.

He's got great size to play inside - and some would say he might even be wasted in a "traditional 34 defense" because of his great sideline to sideline attributes.

I have no problem at all with Minter. None at all. I think he's just a flat out baller. But I do worry about his 3 down potential especially early on or right away.

While I look at Greene and think he can potentially be a flat out 3-down stud from Day 1.

And honestly the way I look at it:
1st - Keenan Allen
2nd - Khaseem Greene (trade up)
3rd - JJ Wilcox would make me just purely ecstatic as well. (Standing pat)
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Anubiz


Joined: 06 Nov 2012
Posts: 108
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another point to think about:

I believe a statistic out there stated that the Ravens played in their sub formation about 60-64% of the time.

Well I know that when we go into our subformations that we primarily play out of the Nickel. Rarely ever, and I would go as far as to say almost never do you see the Ravens defense in a DIME situation.

They like to be able to play out of the Nickel but one key thing for them is to have ILB's that can play the run and cover.

Last year we didn't have that in Ellerbe and Lewis.

I think there is some imaginative power at what could be if we added 1 or 2 of these types of LB'ers.

The more I see of Greene, the more I just think he fills that need perfectly.

Could you imagine Greene + Kiko Alonso, Gerald Hodges, or A.J. Klein manning the middle as 3 down backers in this defense for the next 8-12 years? I can.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7414
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, that's why most of us want a rangy LB and not another thumper/MIKE. Pees liked to keep both ILBs on the field in any situation last season too. A guy like Brown or Greene with Baltimore's first or second pick is something I really hope happens. But like I said earlier somewhere on this forum I wouldn't be surprised if the Ravens were comfortable taking another thuper/MIKE type of LB either. They've been comfortable with having two of those guys at ILB for the past few seasons.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aussie_raven77


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2013 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anubiz wrote:
Another point to think about:

I believe a statistic out there stated that the Ravens played in their sub formation about 60-64% of the time.

Well I know that when we go into our subformations that we primarily play out of the Nickel. Rarely ever, and I would go as far as to say almost never do you see the Ravens defense in a DIME situation.

They like to be able to play out of the Nickel but one key thing for them is to have ILB's that can play the run and cover.

Last year we didn't have that in Ellerbe and Lewis.

I think there is some imaginative power at what could be if we added 1 or 2 of these types of LB'ers.

The more I see of Greene, the more I just think he fills that need perfectly.

Could you imagine Greene + Kiko Alonso, Gerald Hodges, or A.J. Klein manning the middle as 3 down backers in this defense for the next 8-12 years? I can.


Yeah I completely see your point, it is a passing league and you want to try and keep your LBers out there the whole time and as we've seen its tough to find quality true 3 down LBers in the league. My favourite is Brown but I could see him going before we get a shot at him but you put forward a strong case for Greene and I certainly wouldn't be disappointed to see us pick him up. I just don't mind Minter, I can see him making a lot of plays in the backfield or in the hole, we just need someone to compliment him and do all the coverage. Wanna get greedy and take both? haha
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
aussie_raven77


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure if anyone else caught this but I'm sure it'll please plenty of you guys

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-baltimore-ravens-met-with-clemson-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-at-scouting-combine-source-says-20130408,0,4929135.story?track=rss
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7414
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that the other day but it was only a scouting combine visit. The post-combine workouts and visits are what I put more stock into. It's nice to know they have some level of interest in Hopkins though.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
wackywabbit


Joined: 20 Dec 2009
Posts: 6923
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aussie_raven77 wrote:
Not sure if anyone else caught this but I'm sure it'll please plenty of you guys

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/ravens/ravens-insider/bal-baltimore-ravens-met-with-clemson-wide-receiver-deandre-hopkins-at-scouting-combine-source-says-20130408,0,4929135.story?track=rss


I really like Nuke as a prospect. I have my doubts that he'll last to 32, despite him lasting that long on some mocks. There's a lot too like on film from the clips I've seen, and I bet some team drafting earlier recognizes this.

But, I'd be ecstatic if we somehow got him.

Actually, he looks remarkable close to Torrey Smith. Very similar. And I guess Smith did last to the bottom of the second so...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
aussie_raven77


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 341
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NFL Network video of Te'o working out with Mooch. The thing I liked most other than the speed that he showed was when he snuck in the "I'm great with imaginary" line. It shows that he's getting over the whole incident and making some light of it

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-total-access/0ap2000000158450/Game-Changers-Manti-Te-o-on-the-field
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message MSN Messenger
KiddKillah


Joined: 07 Nov 2007
Posts: 2038
Location: Baltimore, MD
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A league source tells The Sideline View's Lance Zierlein that Tennessee WR Cordarrelle Patterson could fall out of the first round.

NFL.com's Daniel Jeremiah is hearing the same thing. At 6-foot-2, 216 pounds with 4.42 wheels, Patterson is a freak athlete, but a raw route runner. He's also been nicked for his tendency to "body catch," though he didn't struggle with drops in college. Patterson was reportedly "very unimpressive" in team interviews at the Combine. Patterson has legitimate question marks, but he could end up one of the steals of the draft if he falls to day two.


http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8327/cordarrelle-patterson

I would love for this to happen! If he's there at 32, he definitely would be my pick. Can't pass up that potential.

As much as I love Hopkins, I would die in happiness if Patterson would fall to us. I never thought it would be possible, but there is a chance.
_________________
RAY RICE

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
coordinator0


Joined: 18 Jan 2008
Posts: 7414
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've pretty much disregarded Patterson being a realistic option for the Ravens in the draft too. One of the first thoughts I have about him though is will he actually be high on Baltimore's board with his lack of experience? That seems to be big for them.

I like Patterson's physical tools a lot. He's not really a vertical threat even with his size and speed but that's alright since Smith is already a guy that opposing teams have to watch out for on every play. That's not to say Patterson couldn't be effective going deep but he's more of a playmaker in the short/intermediate areas of the field and Baltimore needs a guy like that.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 33 of 38

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group