Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Maybe if they wanted a pure DE type of guy to replace Kruger instead of a DE/OLB. I don't really care as long as they get a quality pass-rusher.

I haven't watched the practices, been busy, but if he's dominating the way that I've been reading on here and other places, I think we can make room for him. Kruger plays 43DE probably 50% of the time anyway. We seem to like going 43 in obvious passing situations. If this guy checks out on tape (I've been interested in his athletic profile for some time, but since its so many pass rushing options in this draft, it's been a difficult task to get a look on every guy).

So Jones will be a fit. Heck whoever thought Kruger would be a great fit at 34 OLB. He came out in that 260-270 lbs area and we have him dropping back in coverage probably 30% of the time.

One thing I can say with certainty, if we don't come away with a great pass rushing option in these first two rounds, then I just think we weren't trying. This field is DEEP.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Maybe if they wanted a pure DE type of guy to replace Kruger instead of a DE/OLB. I don't really care as long as they get a quality pass-rusher.

I haven't watched the practices, been busy, but if he's dominating the way that I've been reading on here and other places, I think we can make room for him. Kruger plays 43DE probably 50% of the time anyway. We seem to like going 43 in obvious passing situations. If this guy checks out on tape (I've been interested in his athletic profile for some time, but since its so many pass rushing options in this draft, it's been a difficult task to get a look on every guy).

So Jones will be a fit. Heck whoever thought Kruger would be a great fit at 34 OLB. He came out in that 260-270 lbs area and we have him dropping back in coverage probably 30% of the time.

One thing I can say with certainty, if we don't come away with a great pass rushing option in these first two rounds, then I just think we weren't trying. This field is DEEP.

went scouring through the draft forum. I remember a formula for predicting pass rushing production that I thought we could keep our eye on come combine week. But no such luck
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

went scouring through the draft forum. I remember a formula for predicting pass rushing production that I thought we could keep our eye on come combine week. But no such luck

I know which one you are talking about. Waldo came up with it. I don't remember the formula but basically look for 260+ guys with 40 inch verts and 10'6" broad jumps.

I think Cornelius Washington is the guy this year.

Free Ray Rice

Last edited by DontTazeMeBro on Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
santiagomn8

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i originally posted on here that our 3 needs are ILB, FS, Pass Rusher BUT now after seeing the playoffs and seeing what Flacco can do with a clean pocket or at least good blocking i now believe the number 1 need is LT and for my money i would get Erik Fosher. I love his athleticism his game will transition well to the nfl and if he gets coached up and adds some bulk we have our franchise LT and i think he wont go to early so we could trade up for him without giving up anything crazy. what do you guys think?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here it is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

Explosive Power = (vert+3.5*broad)*(weight/height)/3000

Free Ray Rice
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

santiagomn8 wrote:
i originally posted on here that our 3 needs are ILB, FS, Pass Rusher BUT now after seeing the playoffs and seeing what Flacco can do with a clean pocket or at least good blocking i now believe the number 1 need is LT and for my money i would get Erik Fosher. I love his athleticism his game will transition well to the nfl and if he gets coached up and adds some bulk we have our franchise LT and i think he wont go to early so we could trade up for him without giving up anything crazy. what do you guys think?

I think he's a top 12 pick and we won't even have a chance to sniff him.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Here it is.

Thank you. Basically a good explosion number is .90+. Ill see if I can get those crunched for us come combine time
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Yeah that's pretty much why I don't really care if they get a pure 4-3 DE or a hybrid DE/OLB just as long as that guy is a pass-rusher. Pees doesn't vary his formations much but he uses enough 3-4 and 4-3 sets (and their nickel/dime counterparts) to fit just about anybody that can get to the QB. The base sets aren't used much in passing situations anyways.

http://russellstreetreport.com/filmstudy-afc-championship-defensive-notes/

Quote:
Simms commented that the Ravens “don’t do much” on defense, which was certainly true in the 2nd half. It struck me how much this defense has changed from the Ryan era. Rex didn’t have any problem pulling Bart Scott on passing downs to insert a 6th or even 7th defensive back. The 2012-13 Ravens have shown no willingness to substitute for Lewis or Ellerbe.

I also posted this in the gameday thread but I want to point out that this just makes me want the Ravens to get a guy who's not a liability in coverage to replace Lewis even more. Arthur Brown or Khaseem Greene please.

Flaccomania wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:

Pretty much. With the lack of quality depth at LT this year I doubt Fisher makes it into the 20's. He's good enough to be selected that high in better LT drafts anyways. Right now it's looking like Lane Johnson is the 3rd best LT in the draft but I wouldn't want the Ravens to take him in the first round. Guys like Aboushi, Long, and Pugh don't have good length so I would be hesitant to take them to play that position. The latter two aren't first round picks and Aboushi hasn't looked good in the Senior Bowl practices so far either. I want a new LT as much as anybody at this point but it's not a good draft to get one in and Baltimore isn't going to be a player in free agency. I'm guessing if McKinnie isn't re-signed they move Oher back to LT and start Reid at RT. I just really hope they keep Osemele at LG. In my opinion his play there has been as big of an improvement as anything else since they switched the line at the start of the playoffs.
hemm68

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Here it is.

Thank you. Basically a good explosion number is .90+. Ill see if I can get those crunched for us come combine time

whipped a quick one up for rob ninkovich the only patriot I like. Like being a relative term.

(34.5+3.5*116)*(260/75)/3000=.50
Pretty awful explosiveness if it correctly
KiddKillah

PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

Yeah that's pretty much why I don't really care if they get a pure 4-3 DE or a hybrid DE/OLB just as long as that guy is a pass-rusher. Pees doesn't vary his formations much but he uses enough 3-4 and 4-3 sets (and their nickel/dime counterparts) to fit just about anybody that can get to the QB. The base sets aren't used much in passing situations anyways.

http://russellstreetreport.com/filmstudy-afc-championship-defensive-notes/

Quote:
Simms commented that the Ravens “don’t do much” on defense, which was certainly true in the 2nd half. It struck me how much this defense has changed from the Ryan era. Rex didn’t have any problem pulling Bart Scott on passing downs to insert a 6th or even 7th defensive back. The 2012-13 Ravens have shown no willingness to substitute for Lewis or Ellerbe.

I also posted this in the gameday thread but I want to point out that this just makes me want the Ravens to get a guy who's not a liability in coverage to replace Lewis even more. Arthur Brown or Khaseem Greene please.

Flaccomania wrote:
santiagomn8 wrote:

Pretty much. With the lack of quality depth at LT this year I doubt Fisher makes it into the 20's. He's good enough to be selected that high in better LT drafts anyways. Right now it's looking like Lane Johnson is the 3rd best LT in the draft but I wouldn't want the Ravens to take him in the first round. Guys like Aboushi, Long, and Pugh don't have good length so I would be hesitant to take them to play that position. The latter two aren't first round picks and Aboushi hasn't looked good in the Senior Bowl practices so far either. I want a new LT as much as anybody at this point but it's not a good draft to get one in and Baltimore isn't going to be a player in free agency. I'm guessing if McKinnie isn't re-signed they move Oher back to LT and start Reid at RT. I just really hope they keep Osemele at LG. In my opinion his play there has been as big of an improvement as anything else since they switched the line at the start of the playoffs.

I'd be surprised if Lane Johnson isn't snatched up before pick 25. He, Fisher, and Joeckle are the only legit LT's in this draft -- hard to find those.

If he's there at 31/32...I'll be screaming at the TV for the Ravens to grab him.

Terron Armstead has LT potential. Good feet, good athlete. Was the talk at the east-west shrine game. A guy we can get in round 3-4.

Kudos 2 Mike Matt 2011 On The Sig
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel like there's too much projection with Johnson to take in the first round. That can be a good and a bad thing but with OTs I prefer the safer bets.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
hemm68 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Here it is.

whipped a quick one up for rob ninkovich the only patriot I like. Like being a relative term.

(34.5+3.5*116)*(260/75)/3000=.50
Pretty awful explosiveness if it correctly

Ninkovich definitely isn't an explosive player -- he's much more of a high motor, football intelligent guy.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thoughts on Shariff Floyd?
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just watched some of Kiko Alonso's games. That dude is SICK. Great instincts, change of direction, speed. Saw him toss a Stanford lineman like a rag doll. One of my new fav linebackers but he has character question marks.

Free Ray Rice
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 12:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently intelligence is a big issue with Alonso. I like what I've seen on tape of him though.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 18 of 38

Jump to: