Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
So definitely no to trading up for Te'o. He is getting abused tonight.

On the flip side, CJ Mosley played pretty darn well. He's a favorite of mine, though now I'll look like a bandwagoner if I start mocking him to us Very Happy

CJ Mosely has already announced he is returning to school

Man, I need to catch up on things...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

On the flip side, CJ Mosley played pretty darn well. He's a favorite of mine, though now I'll look like a bandwagoner if I start mocking him to us Very Happy

I'll post a list of all the declared underclassmen here after the Jan 15 deadline (assuming that c0 doesn't beat me to it Laughing).

But for now, this is a pretty good list http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506111

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
drd23 wrote:
Flaccomania wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

I'll post a list of all the declared underclassmen here after the Jan 15 deadline (assuming that c0 doesn't beat me to it Laughing).

But for now, this is a pretty good list http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=506111

That's a good idea. You can also update the OP to fit the list in if you're the first to post the official list... if not, I can update it.

But yeah... I'm looking forward to seeing Arthur Brown in the senior bowl. I think his performance there will solidify in my mind whether or not we should be targeting him in the 1st... or going another way. Right now I'm leaning towards addressing other needs before ILB in the 1st, but if Brown excels enough... it'll make it VERY hard to pass on him.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur Brown at this point in the process looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick, obviously if he performs well at the Senior Bowl or enjoys a good combine he could climb some. His primary flaws are he lacks speed and has very poor lateral agility. Arthur is good at bringing guys down once he gets his hands on them, rarely does anyone break a tackle he has initiated. Good tape to view on Arthur is the Texas game it shows what he does well, but also shows where he struggles.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
Arthur Brown at this point in the process looks like a 3rd or 4th round pick, obviously if he performs well at the Senior Bowl or enjoys a good combine he could climb some. His primary flaws are he lacks speed and has very poor lateral agility. Arthur is good at bringing guys down once he gets his hands on them, rarely does anyone break a tackle he has initiated. Good tape to view on Arthur is the Texas game it shows what he does well, but also shows where he struggles.

Huh? Are you sure you're talking about Arthur Brown? If you are and this is the tape you referenced I don't see it at all.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I don't get that one. Arthur Brown looks like the fastest linebacker in this class.

Free Ray Rice
DreamKid

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Huh? Are you sure you're talking about Arthur Brown? If you are and this is the tape you referenced I don't see it at all.

Yup, that's the one. The play at 2:45, he has to be able to brake down and make that tackle. The end around starting at 4:40 he makes the mistake of over pursuing and does not have the agility to get back. Albeit a harder play to make, it's one he should. These are looks he will get all the time in the NFL, and pro backs who can cut like Foster, Rice, and many others will eat him alive in space. Also unrelated to his problems with the plays I pointed out already, at 7:20 he quits on the play allowing a touchdown.

None of this means I hate him as a player or even as a perspective prospect for us. It just means I like being hyper critical of all players, and I noticed a flaw within his game that bothered me.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dude in NFL News says we are projected to get a 4th, 5th, and two 6th round compensatory picks. Nice haul.

Free Ray Rice
JROD82891

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Dude in NFL News says we are projected to get a 4th, 5th, and two 6th round compensatory picks. Nice haul.

Grubbs didnt warrant a 3rd Sad ??? How does that work?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

No clue(he has a link w/explanations) but Mario Williams was the only one.

Free Ray Rice
JROD82891

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh okay, well 11 picks seems like alot. We don't have THAT many holes.....well we might.....screw it. I hope we trade an original pick or 2 and move up to get something juicy.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think we trade up. I think somebody is gonna fall to us at a great value as a low 1st round pick. Plus the extra comp picks will really help us .
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
JROD82891 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

No clue(he has a link w/explanations) but Mario Williams was the only one.

The article in the link itself said it was just a prediction so I'm still going to hold out hope that losing Grubbs gets the Ravens a 3rd round pick. I'm surprised Johnson and Redding only graded out as 5th and 6th round compensatory picks too.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Yup, that's the one. The play at 2:45, he has to be able to brake down and make that tackle. The end around starting at 4:40 he makes the mistake of over pursuing and does not have the agility to get back. Albeit a harder play to make, it's one he should. These are looks he will get all the time in the NFL, and pro backs who can cut like Foster, Rice, and many others will eat him alive in space. Also unrelated to his problems with the plays I pointed out already, at 7:20 he quits on the play allowing a touchdown.

None of this means I hate him as a player or even as a perspective prospect for us. It just means I like being hyper critical of all players, and I noticed a flaw within his game that bothered me.

The one at 2:45 is the first play that I really noticed he made a mistake on and the one at 4:40 was pretty similar in terms of what went wrong. That's not something you see a ton with Brown though. I still really, really, disagree with his weaknesses being a lack of speed and lateral movement. You gotta keep in mind he's a LB. I'd take Arthur Brown over any MLB not named Te'o (and maybe Minter, he's growing on me) in the draft. The second round would be nice.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 5:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Did you not see the play at 1:56-2:08 (relatively) where they try that end around where he has the speed to pursue the play upfield, avoids running into a block (elite awareness), and then contains the play to the outside?? That was an awesome display of both speed and explosive ability to get into his speed that fast... Like Shipley is a WR with great quickness and he had a head start... And he caught him in just a matter of steps. This guy has AT LEAST high 4.4 speed... And it honestly wouldn't shock me to see him fly in the high 4.3s and really raise his draft stock.

Taking two or three plays out of a tape of awesome plays to make a point about a "flaw" would be like saying "Ray Lewis couldn't tackle in his career because I saw him miss that one tackle on Marshawn Lynch".

But onto to Brown's awareness of blockers. Look at the play at 1:07. He's dropping back into coverage. The play is shutdown, but a blocker tries to wall off on him to end the play. Brown just spins off the fool and keeps his eyes on the play as its failing. He never takes his eyes off of it.

And look at his ability to attack the LOS. He may be skinny but he rarely allows blockers to get on him and he has the elite ability to knife through blockers. His condensed frame actually has done him well in allowing him to be able to squeeze through even the tiniest of gaps to impact the run behind the line... That is Ray Lewis-Patrick Willis level instincts. If Arthur Brown were 10-15 lbs heavier, he'd be the best ILB in this class no question and he'd be a top 15 pick. The fact that he's not will cause some teams to shy away from his size and that's what makes him an early 2nd round option.

That tape shows me nothing but why this guy won the DPOY in a conference that is generally considered one that likes to pass. We have a weakness against the pass from our ILB spots... And Arthr Jones is one of the picks I'd love to get. The instincts/leadership ability of both Jones and Elam, I would love to add to this defense. They are instant Probowl players IMO.

If we can somehow get a 3rd round comp... I'd love to trade up in the 2nd if Brown falls within range of us being able to use either our 3rd or 4th to swing a deal that works for both sides... Something like a 2nd/3rd for an early 2nd/5th.

Though the more realistic approach will likely be to wait for a great player to fall. Because while I love Brown and think he'd be worth trading up for in the 2nd... There are so many great LBing prospects... Klein being one from his conference. And while they don't have the elite athleticism that Brown possesses, they could allow us to replace Kruger with another pass rusher (unless we can get a free agent option for cheap and just roll with that) and since this past game... I think LT has become our biggest need. Pass rushing is important, but Joe Flacco when he has a clean pocket is our best bet going forward. We should be looking at Oday Aboushi or Eric Fisher. I like the former the best at this point because I think he looks to have the tools to be an elite pass protector at the next level. So with adding a LT... That would still leave us with our three defensive holes that we'll need to address (two if we can retain Reed or Ellerbe). So if we can't get a 3rd round comp.. I'd prefer to not be as aggressive in attacking just one of those needs.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 12 of 38

Jump to: