Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hemm68

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody catch Justin Pugh in the pinstripe bowl? Looked like a solid third round option a swing player possible LG.

Pugh against Pitt #67

[url] https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r__FoiR8EdY&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/url]

Ill see if I can't get a scouting report pasted on here too.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 11:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like the Ravens already have one 3rd round swing player that's possibly a LG in Jah Reid. Would Pugh really be much of an improvement? I haven't followed most of the OL prospects too closely this season.
hemm68

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
It looks like the Ravens already have one 3rd round swing player that's possibly a LG in Jah Reid. Would Pugh really be much of an improvement? I haven't followed most of the OL prospects too closely this season.

Looked like a more polished player to me. Pugh could possibly stay at left tackle in the NFL. Definitely a prospect to keep tabs on.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not impressed with Jarvis Jones or Damontre Moore, both are being over hyped at this point in the draft process. Jones is weak and lacks technique, he does not possess any overwhelming physical or mental traits. Both he and Moore benefit from playing on teams with good offenses, so they had plenty of chances to get after the passer to inflate stats. Moore, I can cut some slack because he will only be 20 when he is drafted, so there is room to mature physically which is huge. But he does not look deserving of being a top 25 pick, he has some ability at the POA and can shed at times. However with both he is highly inconsistent, also he does not own an elite burst which you want out of a top pass rusher.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Think I read Lemonier is entering. I would love to get him in the second round. Awesome pass rusher.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 9:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Christian Bryant is a another player who caught my eye when watching Hankins tape. He can fly, and is a more than willing tackler.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kevin Minter declared today. Right now I have him as my #3 ILB behind Te'o and Brown. He and Greene are very close in my opinion. Ogletree rounds out the top 5. At least it's a really good year to need an ILB.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear that Minter did declare.

And I still want nothing to do with Ogletree in our system. He's basically another Barrett Ruud who constantly makes his run tackles 8 yards down field

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm generally against Ogletree too but it also depends on where they could get him. I wouldn't want Ogletree in the first round but if he fell to Baltimore's second round pick then I wouldn't be upset if they took him there. I'm also looking at the situation as the team needing a compliment to Ellerbe (assuming they re-sign him) and Ogletree fits that mold well. He's also a guy that can stay on the field in passing situations which is something the Ravens don't have at ILB (and haven't really since Ayanbadejo was still useful on defense). I don't want them to go with a big 2-down run-stuffer but luckily there aren't too many of those in the draft that are projected in the higher rounds.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I'm generally against Ogletree too but it also depends on where they could get him. I wouldn't want Ogletree in the first round but if he fell to Baltimore's second round pick then I wouldn't be upset if they took him there. I'm also looking at the situation as the team needing a compliment to Ellerbe (assuming they re-sign him) and Ogletree fits that mold well. He's also a guy that can stay on the field in passing situations which is something the Ravens don't have at ILB (and haven't really since Ayanbadejo was still useful on defense). I don't want them to go with a big 2-down run-stuffer but luckily there aren't too many of those in the draft that are projected in the higher rounds.

Meh... I'd still have some players above Ogletree. I like Gerald Hodges more. He's probably not as good in coverage as Ogletree, but with 7 pass deflections and the eye-ball test to back it, he's no slouch in coverage. And against the run, he's just the more instinctive player. LBer, as we saw with Tavares Gooden is more about instincts- and then- athleticism at the pro level. Athleticism is great, but it's that split second between seeing and attacking that separates the elite linebackers in this league from the average ones. Hodges is simply more instinctive, doesn't have those huge Georgia lineman to occupy blocks half the time (like does Ogletree) and I'll admit that this last reasoning can sometimes get one in trouble... but I trust his pedigree more coming from LBer U.

EDIT: I also like AJ Klein more than Ogletree. Not the athlete that Ogletree is, but he was the co-DPOY for the Big 12 in 2011 for a reason.. a conference that produced two first round QBs in RG3 and Brandon Weeden... and coming from a small school and being the first recipient of that award from his school... that's an incredible accomplishment and it points to just how much of a playmaker this guy is at linebacker. He's instinctive, he has the athleticism to play sideline to sideline. He doesn't have the talent in front of him that, again, Ogletree has with his massive lineman stalking blockers but he still makes so many plays by taking on blocks or simply knifing through them like butter.

I said this last season with Mychal Kendricks- who no one also wanted to give love and legitimacy as a player until he blazed his 4.4 forty at the combine (and he was good early in the season for Philly before that locker room crumbled and that team imploded). I have Klein as "only" a 3rd rounder in my mock strictly because he hasn't seen more love... and right now it looks like that's a nice spot to make sure we get him... but make no mistake, he's a 2nd round talent... and I like him better than Ogletree, especially since Ogletree is getting hyped as a 1st rounder.. the value difference isn't even close at this point... even if we were to take Klein in the 2nd, it's light years better than taking Ogletree in the first IMO.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I missed the first part of last night's game so maybe I missed something, but I was looking for Dion Jordan and I didn't see him get a single snap. Did something happen?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
Meh... I'd still have some players above Ogletree. I like Gerald Hodges more. He's probably not as good in coverage as Ogletree, but with 7 pass deflections and the eye-ball test to back it, he's no slouch in coverage. And against the run, he's just the more instinctive player. LBer, as we saw with Tavares Gooden is more about instincts- and then- athleticism at the pro level. Athleticism is great, but it's that split second between seeing and attacking that separates the elite linebackers in this league from the average ones. Hodges is simply more instinctive, doesn't have those huge Georgia lineman to occupy blocks half the time (like does Ogletree) and I'll admit that this last reasoning can sometimes get one in trouble... but I trust his pedigree more coming from LBer U.

EDIT: I also like AJ Klein more than Ogletree. Not the athlete that Ogletree is, but he was the co-DPOY for the Big 12 in 2011 for a reason.. a conference that produced two first round QBs in RG3 and Brandon Weeden... and coming from a small school and being the first recipient of that award from his school... that's an incredible accomplishment and it points to just how much of a playmaker this guy is at linebacker. He's instinctive, he has the athleticism to play sideline to sideline. He doesn't have the talent in front of him that, again, Ogletree has with his massive lineman stalking blockers but he still makes so many plays by taking on blocks or simply knifing through them like butter.

I said this last season with Mychal Kendricks- who no one also wanted to give love and legitimacy as a player until he blazed his 4.4 forty at the combine (and he was good early in the season for Philly before that locker room crumbled and that team imploded). I have Klein as "only" a 3rd rounder in my mock strictly because he hasn't seen more love... and right now it looks like that's a nice spot to make sure we get him... but make no mistake, he's a 2nd round talent... and I like him better than Ogletree, especially since Ogletree is getting hyped as a 1st rounder.. the value difference isn't even close at this point... even if we were to take Klein in the 2nd, it's light years better than taking Ogletree in the first IMO.

Like I said I wouldn't want Ogletree in the first round either. If the Ravens were set on taking an ILB there I'm on the Arthur Brown train (assuming they don't trade up for Te'o). But if Ogletree falls into the second round that's a different matter. You can hype up Klein's level of competition but even though Ogletree had better guys in front of him he was also playing in the SEC so the offenses (and especially the offensive lines) were better so I don't think that point is an advantage for either Klein or Ogletree. If both Ogletree and Klein were on the board in the second round it would be tough. I'd hope that Greene was still on the board so they could get him though.

Hodges is interesting. I think he's going to be a solid LB and if Baltimore didn't take a guy at that position until the 3rd or 4th round he would probably be one of the guys I would hope they go with if he's still on the board. There's just so many options at ILB this year I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of difference preferences and debates about who would be the best value/talent for Baltimore to get. At least that's a good thing. Cool
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So definitely no to trading up for Te'o. He is getting abused tonight.

SnA ExclusiVe wrote:
1/10. Not a fan[of C.J. Mosley]. Just another future failed Alabama product.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:

On the flip side, CJ Mosley played pretty darn well. He's a favorite of mine, though now I'll look like a bandwagoner if I start mocking him to us Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Flaccomania wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:

On the flip side, CJ Mosley played pretty darn well. He's a favorite of mine, though now I'll look like a bandwagoner if I start mocking him to us Very Happy

CJ Mosely has already announced he is returning to school

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 11 of 38

Jump to: