Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Fisher plays tonight (Little Caesars Bowl, 7:30 EST on ESPN) in case anybody wanted to see the last live footage of him before the combine.

I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to the LT prospects in this draft because I think the Ravens are going to stick with Oher there. It would be nice if they moved him back to RT and Osemele to LG but I'm not counting on it happening.

I think WKU has a really good pass rusher too. Blanking on his name atm.

I'd rather stick with Reid than Oher.

Free Ray Rice
drd23

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:
Fisher plays tonight (Little Caesars Bowl, 7:30 EST on ESPN) in case anybody wanted to see the last live footage of him before the combine.

I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to the LT prospects in this draft because I think the Ravens are going to stick with Oher there. It would be nice if they moved him back to RT and Osemele to LG but I'm not counting on it happening.

I think WKU has a really good pass rusher too. Blanking on his name atm.

I'd rather stick with Reid than Oher.

Quanterus Smith (#93). Plus they have Andrew Jackson, but I doubt he is going to declare for the draft this year.

And I agree that I don't see Oher being moved from LT, even though I think that Fisher could be a good pick late in the 1st round/early 2nd round to help shore up the OL

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They moved Oher from LT before and not even for someone good. I don't see why they wouldn't again. I mean how long are we gonna give him?

Free Ray Rice
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Given the on again off again cut Leach conversation, I think Trey Millard might be worth a look as a fullback, he just declared early. http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/501902/trey-millard

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With all the talk about picking Tavon Austin as a playmaking slot receiver, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of Denard Robinson in the same role. I know it'd be a position change for him, but with his skill set and experience reading defenses, he might actually be a better player long term.

And, if we were so inclined to go that direction, we could probably get him in round 2 or 3, which would allow us to address other need areas first.

Thoughts?
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No. I know they're not the same players but this is pretty much exactly the same situation as there was with Armanti Edwards. You don't take that kind of conversion player with a high/quality pick.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
No. I know they're not the same players but this is pretty much exactly the same situation as there was with Armanti Edwards. You don't take that kind of conversion player with a high/quality pick.

Well, the one big difference between Robinson and virtually every other player shifting from QB to a skill position is that he at least has some experience at WR and RB while in college, albeit very limited.

And I'm not sure I even like the idea myself, but he is an intriguing player who would inject additional speed and big play ability into the offense.

Now we just need a creative OC that can make use of that kind of player.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With an emphasis on the very limited part. I wouldn't even really count it. Robinson only played at either of those positions (and mostly RB) a handful of times late this season. The team that takes him before the 4th round is going to end up looking like fools.
hemm68

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My question is what sort of defensive linemen should we be looking for to fit pees scheme?
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:
With all the talk about picking Tavon Austin as a playmaking slot receiver, I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the possibility of Denard Robinson in the same role. I know it'd be a position change for him, but with his skill set and experience reading defenses, he might actually be a better player long term.

And, if we were so inclined to go that direction, we could probably get him in round 2 or 3, which would allow us to address other need areas first.

Thoughts?

I've thought about Denard Robinson as well. I like him but honestly not much higher than the 4th round, and I've got a feeling someone will have plans for him and take him in the late 2nd or 3rd. I don't like him that early.

I've heard rumors Robinson could be a corner as well. Not that he would play there for us, but his versatility is obviously intriguing.
dcarey20

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While on the subject of #3 guys like Tavon and Denard Robinson, what does everyone think of Ryan Swope from A&M? I'm a big fan as a potential slot receiver at the next level.

All of this comes down to what Ozzie does with the receiver position. He may not even see WR as a need when the draft rolls around. We'll see.

Also, Conner Vernon out Duke (lol) is another one that I like, if anyone knows about him. He'd be someone we could likely spend a later round pick on in comparison to Austin, Robinson, and Swope.
RAVINGMADD

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gooselovechild wrote:

Thoughts?

I don't think I would take Tavon in the first, but if he's there in the second, I'd take him WAY before I took Denard Robinson. I really don't want to try to convert Denard Robinson to WR. It's not usually worth the pick in the end. It would be nice to have a guy for trick plays, but he definitely wouldn't be worth drafting in the 2nd or 3rd round. If we can take him in the 5th, maybe, but even then I'm skeptical about having to convert him to WR.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually prefer Tavon Austin's teammate Stedman Bailey. He'd be the much better value as Austin will most likely be gone by the early 2nd at worst.
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Swope.

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
If Ryan Swope falls to our third pick I'd like the selection. Hell. Maybe even our second if the board has been picked clean. He came up so big in that win against Bama and he is fearless. Great hands and agility.

Free Ray Rice
DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm looking at the pass rushers.

Damontre Moore is a top 5 pick.

Dion Jordan is sure to get overvalued.

Marcus Hunt looked unblockable in his bowl game and has all-universe upside.

Bjeorn Werner is a hot prospect.

We might have a shot at Sam Montgomery or Scott Crichton if he declares. Don't know if Ozzie would do that with Upshaw and Sizzle on the roster but it's an exciting possibility.

Free Ray Rice

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 10 of 38

Jump to: