Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
alfalcone

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
Mapping out the defensive front seven for a potential switch to a base 4-3 got me depressed. No matter what scheme they run that unit needs an infusion of talent from the draft more than any other on the team in my opinion. Potentially losing guys like Kruger and Ellerbe makes it an even worse situation. I know this isn't a particularly new thought but seeing it written out like that has me in full defensive prospect scouting mode. Pretty much just the DL and LB positions though. I'm not interested in the Ravens taking a DB with a quality pick.

Keeping with this train of thought what do you guys think about Mingo and Montgomery? Assuming Kruger is gone the Ravens need to add another pass-rusher and I think either of these guys could be available in the range where the Ravens will be picking. I think they're two of the unpredictable prospects at the moment.

Montgomery is pretty good, I'd assume he will go in the in the 10-20 range, Mingo on the other hand I wouldn't touch. His lack of production terrifies me, especially considering he played on the LSU d-line so he couldn't be double teamed on a regular basis. He's also very undersized at 240 pounds. I do think Jones will fall to the 15th pick pick or so, and on a talent basis he is the best player in the draft hands down, should this occur we should give up whatever necessary to get him.

Founder of the Loucheiz Purifoy, Chris Young, Frank Clark, Sean Price,
Donte Moncrief, and Karlos Williams bandwagons.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are everyone's thoughts on Kerwynn Williams, the Utah State running back. He's undersized, but explosive, and was highly productive. I think we could use a true home run hitter in the backfield. He is probably a round 4-6 guy.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505058/kerwynn-williams
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1p12_k9Etw

Last edited by alfalcone on Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
What are everyone's thoughts on Kerwynn Williams, the Utah State running back. He's undersized, but explosive, and was highly productive. I think we could use a true home run hitter in the backfield. He is probably a round 4-6 guy.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/player/_/id/505058/kerwynn-williams

Between Rice/Pierce/Rainey... I think we have as deep a running back stable as we need. No need to add an additional running back, no matter his skillet. It's not an important enough position to keep using draft resources to add to it. I think at best we can add someone in UDFA that could offer similar explosive talents.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I think it would be a big waste of resources to bring in any RB. There just isn't any room for another guy and the team probably won't run the ball enough to get a healthy number of carries for both Rice and Pierce let alone somebody else. Having a stable of three guys with different skill sets is a nice Madden strategy but not when in real life when the team has FAR more pressing needs.
alfalcone

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Justin Pugh the Syracuse left tackle could be a great fit in Round 2. He's a better pass blocker than run blocker, but he has the potential to be very good, not great for a long time.

DontTazeMeBro

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Justin Pugh the Syracuse left tackle could be a great fit in Round 2. He's a better pass blocker than run blocker, but he has the potential to be very good, not great for a long time.

I liked him but then I saw him get abused against Rutgers. Plus he doesn't look like he has the ideal NFL body.

Free Ray Rice
DreamKid

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like Dion Jordan, that frame of his can be filled out, he has a high ceiling, and a good motor. He needs to add some moves to his arsenal, but the potential is there. I would love for his name to get called when we are up, in either of the first two rounds. So far, since Louis Nix has expressed his intention to stay in school, I am pulling for Patterson and Jordan to be our first two picks. Those are two big potential loaded picks, but in a weak draft class I will take potential over sub-par ability.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jordan will be long gone by the time we pick unfortunately.

Him or Ezekiel Ansah would be my ideal 1st round picks (assuming they fall to us), if we want to address the pass-rush.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jarvis Jones. I think we should be looking into him as our pick. I have an inkling that he's going to fall in this draft for his medical- similar to Kindle- and I think we're going to be that team to snatch him up... especially with NE finishing behind us record wise.

I think we're going to see teams passing up on him for the potential and athleticism of the other pass rushers in this draft and his medical. Gentleman, prepare yourselves for our next big steal in the draft... only this time a few months from now, it probably won't seem like as big of a steal as it is/will be.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
I like Dion Jordan, that frame of his can be filled out, he has a high ceiling, and a good motor. He needs to add some moves to his arsenal, but the potential is there. I would love for his name to get called when we are up, in either of the first two rounds. So far, since Louis Nix has expressed his intention to stay in school, I am pulling for Patterson and Jordan to be our first two picks. Those are two big potential loaded picks, but in a weak draft class I will take potential over sub-par ability.

I'm a big Jordan fan too but I don't expect him to be available in the range that the Ravens will likely be picking in. He would be a perfect addition to the OLB group if/when Kruger leaves in free agency. Jordan is a guy that could develop a bit more behind Suggs to eventually take over for him while still providing an immediate impact as a situational pass-rusher as well as a guy you can move all over the field.

Staying on the topic of pass-rushers if Kruger leaves and the Ravens can't get someone like Jordan or Ansah (I don't think there's a real shot at Jones or Moore) then I'm fully on the Anthony Barr bandwagon if he declares.

Going back to the quoted post I like Patterson a lot at this point too. His value is really hard to pinpoint. I think he could easily end up in the first round but I could see him falling into the mid-late second round too. Depending on what happens with the WR situation in Baltimore I wouldn't mind him or one of the other more highly regarded WR prospects in the first could of rounds. I'm still hoping for a big infusion of talent and athleticism in the front seven though.
drd23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds pretty unlikely that Anthony Barr will declare though

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

drd23 wrote:
It sounds pretty unlikely that Anthony Barr will declare though

Good decision for him. This class is stacked at edge threats and he's only a one year performer at this point. It definitely makes the most sense to wait until his senior year... Another year and he could be viewed as a potential top 10 pick.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're saying Matthews is expected to declare. Hopefully he goes as high as expected and Fisher or Aboushi fall within range.

Free Ray Rice
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DontTazeMeBro wrote:
They're saying Matthews is expected to declare. Hopefully he goes as high as expected and Fisher or Aboushi fall within range.

My thoughts exactly. Though I honestly haven't paid attention to Aboushi. But Fisher is going to be a player at the next level. He has the size, agility, and length to be really good as a LT.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fisher plays tonight (Little Caesars Bowl, 7:30 EST on ESPN) in case anybody wanted to see the last live footage of him before the combine.

I'm not paying a whole lot of attention to the LT prospects in this draft because I think the Ravens are going to stick with Oher there. It would be nice if they moved him back to RT and Osemele to LG but I'm not counting on it happening.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 9 of 38

Jump to: