Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I've done more thorough research on Te'o, Brown, Minter, Ogletree, and Greene as far as ILB prospects go. Right now I would rank them in this order:

1. Minter
2. Brown
3. Te'o
4. Greene
5. Ogletree

I've been on the Brown bandwagon for a while but I really like what I see from Minter. Not only do I think he disengages from blocks better than the other guys on the list but I like how he looks in coverage too. Minter definitely doesn't have the range of Brown, Ogletree, and Greene but it's not bad and he looks pretty fluid dropping back. I think that Minter hits the hardest and drives through contact better than the others too. db424 might be the conductor of the Brown train but I'm starting this one.

That's not to say I would be upset with Brown or Te'o though. I still like them a lot and I have them all ranked fairly close. For me it's all about what you're looking for. Te'o is the best "pure" MLB and Brown is the best rangy type of LB. In my opinion Minter is somewhat of a combination of the two. I like his fit on the defense with or without Ellerbe and the same goes for Brown (assuming McClain is the other starter). Te'o is a little iffy if Ellerbe is back.

Greene is just a notch below the top three. I like him a lot too and if Baltimore misses out on the guys ahead of him then he's probably going to be my main target/hope in the second round. As a former safety Greene looks pretty good playing in pace but I think he has the instincts and ability to sort through the middle as Baltimore's WILB too. I've already said my piece on Ogletree and my opinion of him likely isn't going to change at this point.

Time to start looking deeper into the prospects projected to go a bit later like Reddick, Bostic, Klein, Mauti, Gooden, Hodges, and Alonso. It seems like most of the other guys are more like developmental prospects and that's not what I hope the Ravens go after to try and address ILB (even if Ellerbe is re-signed). There are a couple of interesting options (like Sio Moore and Jelani Jenkins) but I don't think I would feel comfortable if either of them starting across from Ellerbe or McClain right away. Of course if Ellerbe is back and they do wait that long to address ILB he and McClain would probably be the starters but I'd like to avoid that if possible. I already have a good feel for some of the prospects listed above but a little rechecking never hurts.
Flaccomania

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with your order, c0. I like Minter the best, but I think he's going to end up coming off the board before we get a shot so I've all but ruled him out. I see him as a Giant or a Steeler personally.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
So far I've done more thorough research on Te'o, Brown, Minter, Ogletree, and Greene as far as ILB prospects go. Right now I would rank them in this order:

1. Minter
2. Brown
3. Te'o
4. Greene
5. Ogletree

I don't disagree with your order. Like I said before, Minter overall is IMO the best ILB in this class. His ability to take on blocks is similarly good to Dont'a Hightower's coming from Bama... and he sheds blocks better than Hightower. He has the speed to flow from sideline to sideline. Looks like he's got 4.55 kind of speed... and that's really good.

I have Brown higher simply because our defense lacks speed in the front 7 and Brown would provide elite speed. I honestly think he's got a shot at running a high 4.3 in his forty... officially. But we'll see.

The rest of my order mimics yours. Upon further observation though, I think Greene is on the same level with the top 3 guys tbh. Watching Greene, he reminds me of Bobby Wagner from last year. Ogletree isn't in my top 5 though. I have AJ Klein as my #5 ILB prospect. Ogletree is tied for my 6th best ILB with Gerald Hodges.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
coordinator0 wrote:

1. Minter
2. Brown
3. Te'o
4. Greene
5. Ogletree

I don't disagree with your order. Like I said before, Minter overall is IMO the best ILB in this class. His ability to take on blocks is similarly good to Dont'a Hightower's coming from Bama... and he sheds blocks better than Hightower. He has the speed to flow from sideline to sideline. Looks like he's got 4.55 kind of speed... and that's really good.

I have Brown higher simply because our defense lacks speed in the front 7 and Brown would provide elite speed. I honestly think he's got a shot at running a high 4.3 in his forty... officially. But we'll see.

The rest of my order mimics yours. Upon further observation though, I think Greene is on the same level with the top 3 guys tbh. Watching Greene, he reminds me of Bobby Wagner from last year. Ogletree isn't in my top 5 though. I have AJ Klein as my #5 ILB prospect. Ogletree is tied for my 6th best ILB with Gerald Hodges.

Ogletree might not be my #5 ILB prospect either. That was just ranking them out of the five I've looked into more. I fully expect Ogletree to move down a few spots when I'm done since I don't think he's an ILB at all.

I could see minter being gone before Baltimore picks too. Hopefully that's not the case but if it is I would be fine with either Brown or Te'o at 32 as well. Greene would be my top target if the Ravens traded back a bit (not too much though, I think he goes in the top half of the second round) and the other guys were off the board.
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like Ogletree got popped for DUI last week.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/16/alec-ogletree-charged-with-dui/

I would think most teams will move him down over this, and he's probably off some boards completely now even if he blows up at the Combine.

I also think there could be an early run on LBs as teams jockey to get "their guy," which could benefit shrewd drafters like Ozzie even more.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Add that in with failing a drug test and being suspended twice in college (one of those suspensions was for failing the drug test, the other was after being charged with theft) and I think he slips out of the first round.
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't see him getting past Cincy.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

draftguru1234 wrote:
I still don't see him getting past Cincy.

That would be a really nice fit for both parties. I hope it doesn't happen.
DreamKid

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright guys here are my pre combine positional rankings. I have been working on them for way too long, hard to focus I suppose. So hard in fact they are incomplete, I won't rank anyone I didn't watch tape on. Needless to say I got tired of of viewing tape, and after Mayock released his rankings things got dark. Check it out.

QB-
1. Mike Glennon
2. Matt Barkely
3. Landry Jones
4. Ryan Nassib
5. Geno Smith

This crop of QBs proved boring to watch, scouting them was taxing. Remember as with all rankings this is projecting them to the next level, so take that into consideration.

HB-
1. Montee Ball
2. Eddie Lacy
3. Giovani Bernard
4. Stepfan Taylor
5. Joseph Randle

Ball is a monster, I wanted him to spell Rice before Pierce came aboard. All 5 are 3 down backs who can make an impact at the next level.

FB-
1. Lonnie Pryor
2. Kyle Juszczyk
3. Braden Wilson
4. Tommy Bohanon
5. Eric Stevens

I actually scouted fullbacks, and as with all these catagories I didn't watch just 5 then slot them. I watched as many as I could find extensive tape on.

WR-
1. Cordarrelle Patterson
2. Keenan Allen
3. Da'Rick Rogers
4. Deandre Hopkins
5. Markus Wheaton
6. Tavon Austin
7. Robert Woods
8. Quinton Patton
9. Stedman Bailey
10. Chris Harper

I threw up 10 just because it is a more plentiful position, and after watching so much tape it only seemed right. Plus more wideouts will make an instant impact in the league more than any other position. Obviously omitted is TW from Baylor, no I did not forget about him. All of these players project better than him, be it in the slot or not.

TE
1. Tyler Eifert
2. Travis Kelce
3. Zach Ertz
4. Jordan Reed
5. Chris Gragg

Ertz has been overated by many analysts, I don't know why he seems to have just lucked into that role.

OT
1. Eric Fisher
2. Luke Joekal
3. Lane Johnson
4. Terron Armstead
5. DJ Fluker

For the tackle rankings, I slot them by who can play LT. Terron got beat by Sio at the Senior Bowl, but I still think he has potential.

OG
1. Jonathon Cooper
2. Chance Warmack
3. Kyle Long
4. David Quessenberry
5. Larry Warford

Decided to put Kyle at guard but, he might play tackle. I tried to slot everybody at their best position going forward.

OC
1. Barrett Jones
2. Brian Schwenke
3. Travis Frederick
4. Khaled Holmes
5. Braxston Cave

4-3 End
1. Bjoern Werner
2. Damontre Moore
3. Datone Jones
4. Corey Lemonier
5. Mallicah Goodman

Only reason I have Moore so high is because of his age, there is tons of room for growth there. As for Jones, it is hard picking a position for him because of his movement in college. I noticed some schools would just plug their most active pass rusher at Nose on passing downs to generate immediate pressure up the gut. Jones could bulk up and play 5 tech great, but I see him being stuck at Left End. Lemonier has great bend, and Mallicah is active with length.

3-4 OLB
1. Dion Jordan
2. Ezekial Ansah
3. Alex Okafor
4. Sam Montgomery
5. Barkevious Mingo

Dion might be the best player in the draft, refer back to my previous rants for reasoning. I dogged Ansah before but I was impressed with what I saw from him. He is another guy who moved a ton but, I see him outside at least if he went to us. He has great burst, and with more coaching could harness some of that raw ability of his. Okafor is underrated and was better standing up at Texas. Sam is a solid player he is a plug and play pick who will contribute, has a higher floor than some. I did not like Mingo on tape at all, as an athlete he is sick but he did virtually nothing. He might almost be better as a 4-3 backer, who blitzes on occasion. Only put him up because he is such an athlete.

ILB
1. Manti Teo
2. Arthur Brown
3. Kevin Minter

So admittedly I did not fully scout this position, but I did scout these guys along with some more. But becasuse this trio seems to be the focal point, I ranked them. I crowned Teo top dog simply because I trust him the most. Brown's frame is small, nothing like a Ray lewis who came into the leauge undersized. Due to the fact that Ray has a bigger frame, he put on so much muscle and matured. Arthur is small and doesn't look to have much if any room for growth. I have seen him get juked and struggle in short area lateral agility situations. Also against bigger backs he will get knocked back, that doesn't mean the tackle will be broken. It just means he will get moved, he is not a heavy hitter. Now for the good, he is great at accelerating to a point on a rope and stopping the play. As evident by his hit against the Miami QB this year, straight line backer play is not an issue with him. Go back a year and he did fine against RG3 who is supposed to be this god like entity on the field. AB is a good player who has grown on me as the process has continued, but he has a couple traits that scare me. Minter is meh, he is being overhyped at this point. However, he is absolutely head and shoulders above Alec. If I had continued to fully scout this position, I'm sure Alec would have found himself out of the top 10.

S
1. Matt Elam
2. Kenny Vaccarro

Only two I have extensively scouted, I don't think Elam is an instant Pro Bowler but I like him more than Kenny. Randle juked Kenny to start their game, and Kenny has some underwhelming tape out there.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not factoring in character at the moment if I was to make a team it would look like

QB E.J. Manuel
RB Eddie Lacy(Andre Ellington close)
WR Da'Rick Roger
WR DeAndre Hopkins
WR Markus Wheaton(Terrance Williams close)
TE No clue
LT Eric Fisher(Chris Faulk if completely recovered)
LG Jonathan Cooper
C Barrett Jones
RG D.J. Fluker
RT Menelik Watson

RE Damontre Moore
DT Sheldon Richardson
DT Star Lotulelei
LE Sam Montgomery
WLB Khaseem Greene
MLB Arthur Brown
SLB Kiko Alonso
CB Jordan Poyer
CB Jaymar Taylor
FS Bacarri Rambo
SS Jonathan Cyprien

Free Ray Rice
Go_Ravens2

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gone through Kevin Minter, Manti Te'o, Arthur Brown, Khaseem Greene, and Alec Olgetree so far and my rankings for who I would want on the Ravens (based on a combination of ability and fit with our team) is:

1A. Kevin Minter
1B. Manti Te'o
3. Arthur Brown

4. Khaseem Greene

5. Alec Ogletree

Personally, I would like to draft one of the bigger ILB prospects (Minter or Te'o) because I guess I just like a traditional player in that role. No doubt Arthur Brown is very talented and explosive, but I don't want a liability in the run game. However, if we were to take one of the more explosive type LBs (Brown, Greene, Ogletree, etc.) Brown is my clearcut favorite, which is why I put him in the same tier as Minter and Te'o.

GO RAVENS!!
BareYourTeeth

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was reading the mock draft monitor on baltimoreravens.com and Peter Schrager has us nabbing Sheldon Richardson.

Shocked

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
Integrity

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:
I was reading the mock draft monitor on baltimoreravens.com and Peter Schrager has us nabbing Sheldon Richardson.

Shocked

Surprised

Does that include a trade up? Laughing

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Integrity wrote:
BareYourTeeth wrote:

Shocked

Surprised

Does that include a trade up? Laughing

Nope. Which is, realistically, the only way we would get him, but we would never know for sure because Ozzie wouldn't even allow him to fall to us all the way to 32... he wouldn't risk it. He'd trade up. Just how far would he have to fall until Ozzie would move up to get him, I wonder.

2000WORLD CHAMPIONS2012
alfalcone

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BareYourTeeth wrote:

Shocked

No but it does include Wilson, Manuel, and Smith going 6-7-8.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 22 of 38

Jump to: