Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Looking Ahead: 2013 NFL Prospects Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens
View previous topic :: View next topic  
draftguru1234

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Thoughts on Shariff Floyd?

Very solid player. Great against the run, but still lacking in the pass-rush department. A nice option to consider at 32(hopefully) or 31.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hemm68 wrote:
hemm68 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Here it is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

Explosive Power = (vert+3.5*broad)*(weight/height)/3000

Thank you. Basically a good explosion number is .90+. Ill see if I can get those crunched for us come combine time

whipped a quick one up for rob ninkovich the only patriot I like. Like being a relative term.

(34.5+3.5*116)*(260/75)/3000=.50
Pretty awful explosiveness if it correctly

Well looking at the OP of the other thread, it appears he already did the explosive power rating for Ninkovich and he scored a 0.95 in that measurement. Not sure if you had some sort of math error... or if his data was off here.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope due to Dion Jordan's injury he tumbles to our pick in the draft. With that seeming near impossible, I would be content with him falling to a suitable trade spot in the first. Anyone else as high on him?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ravens Senior / Shrine Bowl meetings according to Walterfootball

Baltimore Ravens:
Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon (SR)
Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers (SR)
Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (SR)
Michael Buchanan, DL, Illinois (SR)
Braxston Cave, OL, Notre Dame (SR)
Jordan Devey, OL, Memphis (EW)
Lavar Edwards, DL, LSU (SR)
Dwayne Gratz#, DB, Connecticut (SR)
Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (SR)
Wes Horton, DL, USC (EW)
Tavarres King, WR, Georgia (SR)
Alex Okafor, DL, Texas (SR)
Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (SR)
Justin Pugh#, OL, Syracuse (SR)
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (SR)
Brian Schwenke, OL, California (SR)
Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (SR)
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (SR)
Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State (EW)
gooselovechild

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

alfalcone wrote:
Ravens Senior / Shrine Bowl meetings according to Walterfootball

Baltimore Ravens:
Kenjon Barner, RB, Oregon (SR)
Steve Beauharnais, LB, Rutgers (SR)
Tommy Bohanon, FB, Wake Forest (SR)
Michael Buchanan, DL, Illinois (SR)
Braxston Cave, OL, Notre Dame (SR)
Jordan Devey, OL, Memphis (EW)
Lavar Edwards, DL, LSU (SR)
Dwayne Gratz#, DB, Connecticut (SR)
Dustin Hopkins, PK, Florida State (SR)
Wes Horton, DL, USC (EW)
Tavarres King, WR, Georgia (SR)
Alex Okafor, DL, Texas (SR)
Ryan Otten, TE, San Jose State (SR)
Justin Pugh#, OL, Syracuse (SR)
David Quessenberry, OL, San Jose State (SR)
Brian Schwenke, OL, California (SR)
Ryan Swope, WR, Texas A&M (SR)
Stepfan Taylor, RB, Stanford (SR)
Conner Vernon, WR, Duke (SR)
Markus Wheaton, WR, Oregon State (SR)
Earl Wolff, S, N.C. State (EW)

We interviewed as many Ks as LBs.......interesting.
drd23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well considering that this year there are 32 prospects that meet with every team in a pre-organised thing, that list isn't all inclusive.

And it wouldn't surprise me if we talked with everybody at the 2 all-star games, even of only briefly, considering you'd think that their'd be plenty of personnel people and scouts at them.

I'm mean, why why would we talk to Kickers and Running Backs otherwise?

Stone85 & mike23md on the sig!
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That isn't really a list of interviews, just who they observed teams talking to. Scott Wright keeps a list like this too on his Senior Bowl page (Player / Team Observations). There are some differences but that's to be expected since this is far from anything official. To be honest the only thing like this that I put any stock into is who the team works out or meets with after the combine.

DreamKid wrote:
I hope due to Dion Jordan's injury he tumbles to our pick in the draft. With that seeming near impossible, I would be content with him falling to a suitable trade spot in the first. Anyone else as high on him?

Yes please. Jordan is one of my favorite targets for the Ravens in this draft. Along with Ansah and Montgomery those three are about the only DE/OLB pass-rushers that I would want them to get in the first round. I don't think they have a realistic shot at Moore, Werner, Jones, or Mingo and it might be a stretch for the guys I listed before too. This is a deep draft for pass-rushers but they're still going to go early and often.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:

Laughing

You're a little late to the party. Here's a snippet of what I wrote on the first page of this thread:

Quote:
And thus my first "guy" of the 2013 NFL draft has been labeled.

Last season my first guy was obviously Cordy Glenn, followed by Alshon Jeffery, and then Kevin Zeitler... this year Dion Jordan is that first "guy".

But yeah, for Jordan the combine will be important. It's where he will either solidify himself as a top 15 pick... or put himself within the lower half of the draft. I think we could use him much like we've used Kruger... pass rusher and drop him back into coverage every now and again and he wouldn't be a liability. I like his fit.

That said, I think this pass rushing class is incredibly deep. I don't think we need to trade up for anyone. There will be a great pass rushing option fall to us as late as probably our 2nd round pick. This is shaping up to be one of the deepest drafts at positions we need I've ever seen. We will have a chance to get at least a 'good' option at one of our top 3 needs- LT, ET, and ILB.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
hemm68 wrote:
hemm68 wrote:
DontTazeMeBro wrote:
Here it is.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=439601

Explosive Power = (vert+3.5*broad)*(weight/height)/3000

Thank you. Basically a good explosion number is .90+. Ill see if I can get those crunched for us come combine time

whipped a quick one up for rob ninkovich the only patriot I like. Like being a relative term.

(34.5+3.5*116)*(260/75)/3000=.50
Pretty awful explosiveness if it correctly

Well looking at the OP of the other thread, it appears he already did the explosive power rating for Ninkovich and he scored a 0.95 in that measurement. Not sure if you had some sort of math error... or if his data was off here.

Ah. I feel oblivious. He did his height in feet I just went by inches.
hemm68

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the flock think of Justin Pugh after he measures in with the 31.5" alligator arms. I really liked him as a left tackle/left guard player until k.o. started beasting. I gotta say that I agree with most of the personnel guys that you draft pugh as a left tackle and let him play his way out of it. However Idk if you take him before the third.
coordinator0

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wouldn't take him to be a left tackle. Length is a big deal to me when talking about offensive and defensive linemen that would be playing on the edges. In my opinion it's an even bigger deal that movement skills although that's still important.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

coordinator0 wrote:
I wouldn't take him to be a left tackle. Length is a big deal to me when talking about offensive and defensive linemen that would be playing on the edges. In my opinion it's an even bigger deal that movement skills although that's still important.

Agreed. I say you push him inside. Length will be a big deal in the pros, especially with more teams now making a move towards going after these long pass rushers again (NFL is like fashion, things just seem to repeat itself). But yeah plug him inside and put his athleticism at use at LG in a ZBS and I like the fit... but he'll definitely fall due to know 'technical' fault of his own. You simply can't teach length.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

diamondbull424 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Laughing

You're a little late to the party. Here's a snippet of what I wrote on the first page of this thread:

Quote:

Last season my first guy was obviously Cordy Glenn, followed by Alshon Jeffery, and then Kevin Zeitler... this year Dion Jordan is that first "guy".

But yeah, for Jordan the combine will be important. It's where he will either solidify himself as a top 15 pick... or put himself within the lower half of the draft. I think we could use him much like we've used Kruger... pass rusher and drop him back into coverage every now and again and he wouldn't be a liability. I like his fit.

That said, I think this pass rushing class is incredibly deep. I don't think we need to trade up for anyone. There will be a great pass rushing option fall to us as late as probably our 2nd round pick. .This is shaping up to be one of the deepest drafts at positions we need I've ever seen. We will have a chance to get at least a 'good' option at one of our top 3 needs- LT, ET, and ILB.

Pardon my ambiguity, I was refering solely to the idea of being enamored with him enough to trade up. It is my opinion that he will become a 15+ sack player if developed properly. Dion possesses the three Bs I love in a pass rusher-burst, bend and boom. With length to boot, he presents himself as an immediate impact weapon on defense.

In reference to the bolded section of your reply, check out what I said on page 13.

Quote:
This draft is perfect for our team, it's thin where we have little need and full where we have holes. Not to mention all the spurious players that will be devoured by the ill drafting teams, just enough fluff to help us make our bones rather easily this year.

At second glance it would seem our draft opinions are not that far apart, sans me not being as high on Brown or Elam.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Laughing

Quote:

That said, I think this pass rushing class is incredibly deep. I don't think we need to trade up for anyone. There will be a great pass rushing option fall to us as late as probably our 2nd round pick. .This is shaping up to be one of the deepest drafts at positions we need I've ever seen. We will have a chance to get at least a 'good' option at one of our top 3 needs- LT, ET, and ILB.

Pardon my ambiguity, I was refering solely to the idea of being enamored with him enough to trade up. It is my opinion that he will become a 15+ sack player if developed properly. Dion possesses the three Bs I love in a pass rusher-burst, bend and boom. With length to boot, he presents himself as an immediate impact weapon on defense.

In reference to the bolded section of your reply, check out what I said on page 13.

Quote:
This draft is perfect for our team, it's thin where we have little need and full where we have holes. Not to mention all the spurious players that will be devoured by the ill drafting teams, just enough fluff to help us make our bones rather easily this year.

At second glance it would seem our draft opinions are not that far apart, sans me not being as high on Brown or Elam.

Jordan's lack of production concerns me. I've only seen Oregon play a few times, but it seems to me given Oregon's offensive explosiveness that Jordan would be in a position to T off and rush the passer for most of most games, and as such should have had far more than 5 sacks. While I'm sure he could be a JPP type, I much prefer pass rushers to produce in college, I feel like the odds of success are much better. Also his frame concerns me, he's built like a basketball player, and doesn't seem to have the body type to add weight. (He looks every part of 6'7 but closer to 230 if that than 240.) He could struggle mightily against the run, and for that matter when rushing the passer should a lineman be able to get his hands on him.
diamondbull424

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DreamKid wrote:
diamondbull424 wrote:
DreamKid wrote:

Laughing

Quote:

Quote:

Yeah... I was just messing with you. But I agree, I love Dion Jordan's potential at the next level. Not sure about a 15+ sack guy, simply because 15 sacks is a lot. But I definitely think he has the potential to reach that point a few times in his career... if he works to get there.

The only thing that I don't agree with is your opinion of Brown and Elam... you should be high on them. You should be very high on them indeed.
#jedimindcontrol Razz

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Baltimore Ravens All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 36, 37, 38  Next
Page 19 of 38

Jump to: