Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Week 1 GDT: Indianapolis Colts @ Chicago Bears 12:00PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will you be focusing on most this game?
Kellen Davis / Use of TEs Adams/Rodriguez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Health of Players (Urlacher/Conte)
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Play of Rookies (Jeffery)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Offensive Line
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Offensive Playcalling
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
FANTASY PLAYERS!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

Author Message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18560
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bearsaddict wrote:
I also totally agree with whoever said we go prevent WAY too soon. Drives me insane.
Yeah it drives people insane, but that's what we do. Today was almost a textbook showing of our defensive philosophy, and why Ron Rivera was not brought back after the SuperBowl. We are going to make you one dimensional, b/c you simply will not have success running the football against you. Once we make you one dimensional we're going to allow our front 4 to pin their ears back and force you to make mistakes. Once we force you to make mistakes we're going to take the ball away. The Colts O scored only 14 points today, and that was w/ 54 sitting nearly the entire second half. AND NOW once we take the ball away and give it back to our O, our O is going to make you pay.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinky


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 570
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Superman(DH23) wrote:
bearsaddict wrote:
I also totally agree with whoever said we go prevent WAY too soon. Drives me insane.
Yeah it drives people insane, but that's what we do. Today was almost a textbook showing of our defensive philosophy, and why Ron Rivera was not brought back after the SuperBowl. We are going to make you one dimensional, b/c you simply will not have success running the football against you. Once we make you one dimensional we're going to allow our front 4 to pin their ears back and force you to make mistakes. Once we force you to make mistakes we're going to take the ball away. The Colts O scored only 14 points today, and that was w/ 54 sitting nearly the entire second half. AND NOW once we take the ball away and give it back to our O, our O is going to make you pay.


i love it when a plan comes together.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Pinky


Joined: 02 Jun 2009
Posts: 570
Location: London, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22232
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1700
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.

When does the blackout come off? Started writing a Bears blog so need to rewatch it!
_________________
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22232
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.

When does the blackout come off? Started writing a Bears blog so need to rewatch it!


6 days after the game is screened.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
RidiculousJames


Joined: 09 Mar 2011
Posts: 1700
Location: Cheshire, England
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
RidiculousJames wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
MadMike90 - i'd like to read your breakdown of the o-line, if you're planning on writing one. Including E-Rod if possible, i liked what i saw in glimpses but i wasnt playing close attention to him.


This year I’m going to change it up and do a weekly breakdown of the Dline rather than the Oline…well I say weekly but I will have to wait on the NFL lifting the blackout on the game lol.

When does the blackout come off? Started writing a Bears blog so need to rewatch it!


6 days after the game is screened.

Ouch. Thought it would be a day or two lol, will have to go off memory.
_________________
2013 Adopt-a-Bear: LB #50 James Anderson
Tackles: 103 || Sacks: 4.0 || Forced Fumbles: 0 || Fumble Recoveries: 1
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22232
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Lovie Smith to WBBM today: "That's the way you want to start the season."

"It's early right now still," said Lovie Smith today to WBBM on Charles Tillman's leg injury. "But, we're hoping he'll be OK."

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
CBears019


Moderator
Joined: 03 Aug 2008
Posts: 16376
Location: Darien, IL
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Lovie Smith to WBBM today: "That's the way you want to start the season."

"It's early right now still," said Lovie Smith today to WBBM on Charles Tillman's leg injury. "But, we're hoping he'll be OK."


The uncertainty around Tillman scares me.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear: Robbie Gould, K

FG: 25/28 XP: 41/42 LNG: 58 Yards

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22232
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Lovie Smith to WBBM today: "That's the way you want to start the season."

"It's early right now still," said Lovie Smith today to WBBM on Charles Tillman's leg injury. "But, we're hoping he'll be OK."


The uncertainty around Tillman scares me.


No doubt...Hayden played well but going to GB without Tillman would be a major blow.
_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ChicagoAl


Joined: 10 Jan 2008
Posts: 7846
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmm sooooooooo boooooooooooored
One of the benefits of going to the game is that it takes up a couple of hours getting to the stadium.

Hope you are out of the horsepital, my friend.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Superman(DH23)


Joined: 03 Jan 2008
Posts: 18560
Location: Abdi on the sick sig
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
TytybearsFan21 wrote:
Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiii'mmmmmmmm sooooooooo boooooooooooored
One of the benefits of going to the game is that it takes up a couple of hours getting to the stadium.

Hope you are out of the horsepital, my friend.
Al, are you ready to jump on the "Alshon is better than Knox" bandwagon my friend? You got to see him up close and personal yesterday.
_________________

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Nads786


Joined: 11 Sep 2005
Posts: 4156
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extremely impressed with Jeffery so far. Dude just gets it, no nonsense runs the routes and does everything right. Hes seriously our number 2 WR right now.
_________________
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address
raq11


Joined: 24 Feb 2011
Posts: 686
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nads786 wrote:
Extremely impressed with Jeffery so far. Dude just gets it, no nonsense runs the routes and does everything right. Hes seriously our number 2 WR right now.


Was always the last one off the field giving high fives to everyone as they passed him, too. Not that counts for much, but it calls under the "gets it" line. Can't wait to see his chemistry with Jay really explode.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Madmike90


Joined: 25 Jan 2009
Posts: 22232
Location: Scotland
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Lovie Smith says Jay Cutler was outstanding vs. Colts

Lovie Smith singled out Henry Melton and Tim Jennings for their performances vs. Colts

Lovie Smith says Charles Tillman has a lower leg injury. He would be held out of practice if Bears practiced today.

Lovie Smith says Brian Urlacher would be held out of practice if Bears practiced today because of a coach's decision.

Lovie Smith says J'Marcus Webb has a thumb injury and would have been limited in practice.

Lovie Smith says Kyle Adams has a shoulder injury.


Via Jensen...

Quote:
#Bears coach Lovie Smith on if Charles Tillman will play Thursday night: "Glass half full, always." That's a Lovie-ism!

_________________
Adopt-a-Bear 2013…Martellus Bennett…65 Rec…759 Yards…11.7 Avg…5 TDs
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 34 of 35

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group