Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

2012 Week 1 GDT: Indianapolis Colts @ Chicago Bears 12:00PM
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears
View previous topic :: View next topic  

What will you be focusing on most this game?
Kellen Davis / Use of TEs Adams/Rodriguez
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Health of Players (Urlacher/Conte)
25%
 25%  [ 7 ]
Play of Rookies (Jeffery)
14%
 14%  [ 4 ]
Offensive Line
33%
 33%  [ 9 ]
Offensive Playcalling
22%
 22%  [ 6 ]
FANTASY PLAYERS!
3%
 3%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 27

TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does madmike even know we exist, seabears? He always posts right through us as if we arent even there.

If all we bears forumers met at a bar, would he be sitting by himself shouting bears facts?

I would listen, madmike, if you'd let me. I would listen.

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Andrew Luck on Brian Urlacher: "You have to pay attention to whether he plays or not."

Quote:
Andrew Luck on Bears defense: "What a great way to kick things off."

Quote:
Andrew Luck on Bears defense: "It'll be a great measuring stick, per se."

Just for Ty's info Wink
TytybearsFan21

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Quote:
Andrew Luck on Brian Urlacher: "You have to pay attention to whether he plays or not."

What a brilliant man. He must've gone to Stanford

PSN: TytybearsFan21
Add me or else! Twisted Evil
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Brandon Marshall last played Colts in 2009. He broke NFL's single-game record w/21 receptions in that game. Finished w/200 yards & 2 TDs.

Same again with a win would do Laughing
ChicagoAl

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
My 3 Keys to the game…

1. The health of the defence…Urlacher has been getting most of the press but there are issues on all 3 levels of the D…can Conte play only weeks after dislocating his shoulder? Will Urlacher’s knee hold up in game action? Has Paea fully recovered from his ankle sprain? And even is Okoye’s knee as good as he says or as bad as Greg Schiano says?...all these questions will have a big time baring on our D as each player has a very defined set role.

2. The Oline…still an issue but for different reasons…the pass pro wasn’t bad throughout preseason but the run blocking was terrible…when you consider this group missing Carimi for a large portion of the season paved the way for over 2,000 yards it was a surprise that they struggled so badly…as much as we have added weapons on the outside I still feel we will be dedicated to the run as long as it’s effective.

3. Pass Rush…in this D pass rush will always be key…Peppers will be his usual dominant self…but we need Melton to continue to improve and become a consistent threat…we need McClellin to bring it off the edge every snap he player…we need the Okoye from last season to return as well as the rest of the defensive rotation to step up…and watch out for Idonije this season…he played all of last year banged up and against the redskins looked stronger and more explosive than he did all of last season…McClellin pushing him and at the same time giving him more rest & the opportunity to line up inside on passing downs…he should be good for 8 sacks.
My concern is defense. Our line has not looked good so far.
Bowler1215

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see how the o-line plays and how our defense is, especially the pass rush. With Indy rebuilding, and us playing at home we should win, but you never know. I see us winning this one 24-14
Pinky

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Pinky wrote:
i'm excited. so excited that i just went out and bought the new madden to get into football mode. (first time in years i've forked out for a roster update, hoping it's better this time)
Not just a roster update, this one is a complete reboot. I'm not a fan of the new career mode, just give me franchise.

I actually like the changes they made to it. I absolutely love the new draft format, I love being able to scout players throughout the year, and I like that they tell you bits about college players during the season. I don't, however, like the format of the "my actions". I like being able to simulate a game and then click on it and see how my players did in that game. Also, people talk about how players progress so much just from preseason but I haven't seen that yet. My players maybe gain one or two points per year overall.

I like the new format of the franchise mode and like you said scouting and the draft are much better but the fact you can’t use a custom roster or even an official update of the roster is pretty weak.

They don't have online updates anymore?

Yeah but after you download the first roster update you can play an exhibition with it…but when you go into career more it is still the original roster than came with the game.

scouting?? proper scouting?! if this is so, then excellent! i've wanted an NFL version of Football Manager (a soccer management game) that isnt NFL head coach forever.

It’s not that good but it’s an improvement over the last few efforts.

few things are...i've got Chelmsford City from Blue Square to top half of the Prem in 9 seasons Smile
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pinky wrote:
few things are...i've got Chelmsford City from Blue Square to top half of the Prem in 9 seasons Smile

No doubt…the depth of Football Manager is insane…even premier league clubs use it to scout for players lol…this year I didn’t have much time to play it but a few years ago I took Grays Athletic to the Champ League…something really satisfying about taking a small team all the way up the leagues.
TexasBearsFan

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Madmike90 wrote:
Pinky wrote:

No doubt…the depth of Football Manager is insane…even premier league clubs use it to scout for players lol…this year I didn’t have much time to play it but a few years ago I took Grays Athletic to the Champ League…something really satisfying about taking a small team all the way up the leagues.

Taking the small-market teams is always a good time. I always did that with my NCAA Football games. Won a national championship with Nevada back in the '07 version.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ChicagoAl wrote:
Madmike90 wrote:
My 3 Keys to the game…

1. The health of the defence…Urlacher has been getting most of the press but there are issues on all 3 levels of the D…can Conte play only weeks after dislocating his shoulder? Will Urlacher’s knee hold up in game action? Has Paea fully recovered from his ankle sprain? And even is Okoye’s knee as good as he says or as bad as Greg Schiano says?...all these questions will have a big time baring on our D as each player has a very defined set role.

2. The Oline…still an issue but for different reasons…the pass pro wasn’t bad throughout preseason but the run blocking was terrible…when you consider this group missing Carimi for a large portion of the season paved the way for over 2,000 yards it was a surprise that they struggled so badly…as much as we have added weapons on the outside I still feel we will be dedicated to the run as long as it’s effective.

3. Pass Rush…in this D pass rush will always be key…Peppers will be his usual dominant self…but we need Melton to continue to improve and become a consistent threat…we need McClellin to bring it off the edge every snap he player…we need the Okoye from last season to return as well as the rest of the defensive rotation to step up…and watch out for Idonije this season…he played all of last year banged up and against the redskins looked stronger and more explosive than he did all of last season…McClellin pushing him and at the same time giving him more rest & the opportunity to line up inside on passing downs…he should be good for 8 sacks.
My concern is defense. Our line has not looked good so far.
That's not exactly true, we've been getting pressure pretty consistently, we were missing tackles in the backfield, not like our D, but w/ the new rules, I expect a lot of missed tackles all over the league this year, you can't practice tackling anymore.

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Superman(DH23)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CBears019 wrote:
Superman(DH23) wrote:
Pinky wrote:
i'm excited. so excited that i just went out and bought the new madden to get into football mode. (first time in years i've forked out for a roster update, hoping it's better this time)
Not just a roster update, this one is a complete reboot. I'm not a fan of the new career mode, just give me franchise.

I actually like the changes they made to it. I absolutely love the new draft format, I love being able to scout players throughout the year, and I like that they tell you bits about college players during the season. I don't, however, like the format of the "my actions". I like being able to simulate a game and then click on it and see how my players did in that game. Also, people talk about how players progress so much just from preseason but I haven't seen that yet. My players maybe gain one or two points per year overall.
The scouting is good, but you only get 1000 points per week to scout w/. How are you supposed to get a top 150 w/ just 1600 points?

2013 Bears Forum Mike Ditka Award Winner
2014 Adopt-A-Bear Alshon Jeffery
Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Adam Podlesh says he participated in practice today on a limited basis. He says he has not been ruled out for Sunday.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Mike Tice says he has to be careful with Gabe Carimi on gameday & could potentially rotate Chris Williams at RT if Carimi needs rest in game

That doesn't sound so good...but only one guy on the team missed practice...

Quote:
Lorenzo Booker was the only #Bears player not to practice. Adam Podlesh, Brian Urlacher, Stephan Paea and Chris Conte did.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Jensen...

Quote:
#Bears coach Lovie Smith said @BUrlacher54 fully participated in practice. Not limited like others. Strong indicator for Sunday.

Quote:
Encouraging sign regarding DT Stephen Paea. He's not even listed on the injury report.

Madmike90

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Via Zaidman...

Quote:
Tice on Carimi: "I don't believe he's all the way back yet. The endurance in his leg is going to come with game time."

Tice on Carimi: "We're going to certainly be very careful if it appears that he's getting tired."

Tice on Carimi: "We have other guys, Chris (Williams), that can go in and spell him a little bit if he has to."

Tice on Carimi: "I thought he came on real well at the end of preseason, really was run blocking well towards the end of preseason."

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Chicago Bears All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 33, 34, 35  Next
Page 2 of 35

Jump to: