Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mark sanchez

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:30 pm    Post subject: 3 positives and 3 negatives from Week 1 Reply with quote

Self-explanatory, I'm trying to get a feel for the goods and bads of all the teams so far.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 1:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kind of hard to do this after 1 week, but just basing it off the opening game...

Positives:
- Freeman looked better, and more mechanically sound than his stellar 2010 campaign. He stood tall in the pocket, kept his weight primarily on his front foot, and didn't aim the ball. Progressed through reads very nicely. Doug Martin and VJ also look to fit in this offense very well.
- Gerald McCoy, and our defensive line (hell, our whole defense) played lights out. Held the Panther's potent rushing attack to less than 1.0 YPC. Our depth looked really good, as well.
- Our coaching seems to be worlds apart from the debacle last year. Guys are buying heavily into Schiano's system, and it's definitely paying off.

Negatives:
- Like everyone thought when Davin went down, the right side of the line proved to be somewhat of a liability.
- Our offense went into the second half with the mindset of sitting on the lead... We went conservative way too early, something I hope doesn't become a trend. We looked entirely too stagnant the second half.
- On the one chance Blount got at pass protection, he almost got Freeman killed. It appears he's still as one-dimensional as ever, but we need way more of a sample size to say that for sure.

Not sure if good or bad:
- We ran almost all our plays out of an I-formation. This made us pretty unpredictable out of the I-formation, since we'd run a wide array of plays from it. However, that type of monotony probably won't work long in the NFL.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
bucsEST96

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously a thread dude? This could've gon in balmy existing thread.
epicMustache

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsEST96 wrote:
Seriously a thread dude? This could've gon in balmy existing thread.

He's doing this for all 32 teams (at least it looks like it, I've seen them on every individual team board I've been on today) so it makes sense. Probably would be much more time consuming to have to remember where you asked the question in each team forum.

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For me:

Positives:
Freeman and offense did not turn ball over
Doug martin
Defense took care of business

Negatives:
O-line did a below average job pass blocking
Defense getting fooled too easily on play action
Dink and Dunk offense all day
Get on the yearly Buc carousel. Start off trash. Look better by mid season. Win 2-3 games at the end of the season. Get the 7th pick. Have what most fans consider a great draft and free agency. Start off trash again. Rinse and repeat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: