Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Panthers @ Bucs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
indifference

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Freeman with 16 passing yards in the 2nd half. Not gonna get it done boys. Great game by the defense, awesome to open up with a win.

I;m one of Freemans biggest fans and also biggest critic. That 2nd half wasn;t on him. He was MONEY with his throws the whole game. His supporting cast (Drops, Holding Penalty) and playcalling hindered him in the passing department. It seems like they switched up there gameplan from the 1st half, which was excellent.

They should have aired it out more and put the Panthers away early because Freeman was Ballin.
Yeah Freeman played well the whole game. Great decisions, good precise throws, and more importantly didn't force throws like he was custom to last year.

Our defense was awesome. I expected us to slow their run defense down though so it wasn't a huge surprise. Martin 5 yards away from the 100 yard clip, bummer.

Favorite hit of the game though

bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ravishingone wrote:
Gotta give the Carolina defense some credit in the second half, made some nice pass break-ups when given the opportunity to get off the field.

They only allowed ~80 yards and three points. We were lucky to squeak that one out.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
ravishingone wrote:
Gotta give the Carolina defense some credit in the second half, made some nice pass break-ups when given the opportunity to get off the field.

They only allowed ~80 yards and three points. We were lucky to squeak that one out.

Absolutely, but I would have been happy with a 3-2 win today. A lot of good things to build off of on both sides of the ball.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ravishingone"]

Ehh alot of that had to do with Sullivan getting too conservative early in the 3rd. Can't put that much pressure on the Bucs defense. Our offense carved them up and could have put them away early. Schiano's smart and will learn.

Quote:
The entire d-line was tremendous today, even guys like Gibson and Miller were stout. I'm confident the offense will get better, and Freeman played a much better game then his stats would have indicated (agree with Red and Pewter on that one

Thank you.

Quote:
This team got the victory they needed because let's face it on a ten game losing streak the team probably wasn't overly confident.

100% agreed. Not having won a game since last October gets this teams confidence going and the more wins and more competitive games, the more these guys will buy into Schiano, which they probably have already.
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pure beauty

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As a Giants fan not all that confident going into week 2 vs. the Bucs.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was surprised with how well this team played. They controlled the game the whole time. The defense was awesome too, I just can't get over how good they were. Although on the Panthers TD drive the coverage was awful.

The pass rush was incredible and I think G-Mac reminded everybody why he was the #3 pick in the draft a few years ago. This defense reminded me a lot of the glory days and if we can see more showings like this by the defense, I could see it being one of the best in the league.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56GiantPens66 wrote:

I'm not looking forward to playing against your defensive line, especially after a few extra days off.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am in awe of the way the defense played right now. I did not expect to see a confident and effective unit. I expected to see improved play, for sure, but not a team that didn't seem to have any weaknesses and that seems to have - at this point - completely fixed every problem. The run defense, the open field tackling, the awful safety and linebacker play... all of it (right now). I noticed no glaring problems on defense. If we don't suffer tons of injuries... Shocked

On offense, I think we did alright. We definitely could have opened up the playbook more, but I suppose the plan worked. I'm not a fan of feeding Martin the ball over and over when they know the run is coming, so I hope that isn't a habit. No turnovers should be the highlight more than the effectiveness. I hope we can get a more high powered offense as the season goes on, because this performance won't cut it against most teams on our schedule, but a win is a win, and a sweet one at that.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bucsfan333 wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:

I'm not looking forward to playing against your defensive line, especially after a few extra days off.

They are going to put JPP and Tuck against Larsen all game. I hope he's ready and Freeman has his running shoes on.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The one thing that I noticed with Freeman today, outside of much improved accuracy, was his ability to look off WRs to move defenders. You really saw it on the TD pass to Williams.

http://www.buccaneers.com/multimedia/videos/Williams_6yard_TD_catch/f48c7baf-6d56-4cec-9d1a-2d36211cdb06 (16 second mark - end zone view)

He looks to left, forcing the LB and the FS to commit leaving Mike Williams wide open in the middle of the end zone. Encouraging to see that progression.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

56GiantPens66 wrote:
I've always thought the Giants were a 2nd half team. Meaning, they don't play their best football until halfway thru the season. It wouldn't surprise me per say the Giants don't play well next week but I do think if we were to play them in the latter, easy L for Tampa. Since we do play the Giants early though, I like our odds better at 40/60. Laughing
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:

And here is another angle...

Just awesome. A true enforcer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
56GiantPens66 wrote:
I've always thought the Giants were a 2nd half team. Meaning, they don't play their best football until halfway thru the season. It wouldn't surprise me per say the Giants don't play well next week but I do think if we were to play them in the latter, easy L for Tampa. Since we do play the Giants early though, I like our odds better at 40/60. Laughing

The Giants are a 1st half team. They always start the year off at like 5-2 or 6-2, then lose 5 straight. We might be in for a rough week next week. But it'll be interesting to see how this team embraces the challenge.

Thanks to BGG on the sig.

Adopt-a-Buc - Johnthan Banks 40 Tackles 2INT 5PD
Caaddy24

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

indifference wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:
tml_gogo wrote:
Freeman with 16 passing yards in the 2nd half. Not gonna get it done boys. Great game by the defense, awesome to open up with a win.

I;m one of Freemans biggest fans and also biggest critic. That 2nd half wasn;t on him. He was MONEY with his throws the whole game. His supporting cast (Drops, Holding Penalty) and playcalling hindered him in the passing department. It seems like they switched up there gameplan from the 1st half, which was excellent.

They should have aired it out more and put the Panthers away early because Freeman was Ballin.
Yeah Freeman played well the whole game. Great decisions, good precise throws, and more importantly didn't force throws like he was custom to last year.

Our defense was awesome. I expected us to slow their run defense down though so it wasn't a huge surprise. Martin 5 yards away from the 100 yard clip, bummer.

Shocked Shocked Shocked Wow what a hit, Steve Smith is a tough guy for taking it. This win is on Schiano and Sheridan. I didn't see the game unfortunately! but it's good to hear that Freeman looked good and especially the defense! Thank god we stopped that panthers running game, especially Cam, wow, great win, sucks I couldn't watch it.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 26 of 29

Jump to: