Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Panthers @ Bucs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Great...I just realized Giants...our week 2 opponent plays tonight. Means they will have 10 days to prepare for us

I honestly think we will be fine. Week 1 will truly show though.
indifference

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first division games are always tough games to start the season. So for those that think we will win or lose by 2 or more possessions should re-think that. We beat the Saints and Falcons in the first meeting last year with that joke of a coaching staff. I have no doubt with a healthy roster this time around against Carolina we will make the game competitive. It'll be between a 23-17 or 24-21 type game and the whoever QB plays the best that day will win. I like our match-up against their DB's so lets see if Schiano will decide stick to the ground-n-pound tactic or spread the field. Defensively our tackling and discipline looked better than ever the past 5 years. Eric Wright, Barron, and David will be outside elements that will help shutdown that ground game. Lets face it, those 3 alone makes this team better in that facet. We also have the McCoy factor, so he will be penetrating at will Sunday. I just got this strange feeling we will go out there and clamp them up on the ground. They stop our run game too with that sick LB core. We don't have a dominant lead blocker to neatrulize their backers so I don't see a whole lot of success on the ground. I see it going kinda like Giants/Cowboys game; where the better QB will win the game. I like our chances with that seeing their secondary vs our secondary and their WR core.
deuces22wild

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jacked to see what our offense/defense was holding back during the preseason games. Like indiffernce said the additions of Barron, McCoy, David, Wright should help our ground defense a ton.

I think it will be a close game. Whoever snaps out of the first game jitters I think takes it. Our secondary should be able to take care of their receivers and I think we should be able to contain the running game especially if Stewart is out. Containing Cam is the big questions, I would feel a little safer if Bowers was in the starting lineup though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Scheming is essential. How many times last year did we have our DE's free-lance in regards to run defense? Bennett and Clayborn did that far too much. As you can see in pre-season, Bennett can hold up in the run as for AC he has ways to go. Which is crazy considering coming out he was known for being a "run stuffer". His pass rushing ability is definitely much better than his ability to hold his ground that's for sure. I had him panning out as a good player(8-9 sack type guy) but with McCoy he might be a great player(10-12 sack guy)

We'll see how it plays out this season.
Calibucsfan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Despite heavy marketing and choosing a league-allowed 85 percent ticket sale option, the Buccaneers game against the Panthers will be blacked-out locally. This will be 14 of the last 16 games to not be seen on local television.

Not that it matters to me but I cant say that I'm surprised...

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Quote:
Despite heavy marketing and choosing a league-allowed 85 percent ticket sale option, the Buccaneers game against the Panthers will be blacked-out locally. This will be 14 of the last 16 games to not be seen on local television.

Not that it matters to me but I cant say that I'm surprised...

That's just ridiculous. I blame HD tvs. Laughing
epicMustache

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never really understood blackout laws... the local economy isn't resonating with their maximum support by physically going to the game, and instead you alienate that fan base further by not allowing them the privilege to watch the games? Seems like a slippery slope to me. How can people who haven't been able to watch their team for 14 of the last 16 home games have that much of a vested interest in it?

THE PACK MAN wrote:
... but the Packers wouldnt be as good if they had the 49ers defense.

- Adopt a Buc -
Dekoda Watson: 14 tackles, 1 sack, 1 pass defended, 1 interception
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Wealthy "b@**@rds of the Nfl league office don't understand the economy down in Tampa,fla. I mean look at how the rays cannot sell tickets when they're in a playoff run again. There's a reason fans cannot attend these games.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
The Wealthy "b@**@rds of the Nfl league office don't understand the economy down in Tampa,fla. I mean look at how the rays cannot sell tickets when they're in a playoff run again. There's a reason fans cannot attend these games.

Don't try to work around the language filter, it is here for a reason.

While the economy is definitely struggling in the Tampa area, I don't think that this is the only reason for blackouts. The Bucs cut ticket prices, parking is free, concessions are half off and they have a giveaway for Ronde's 200th start. With all of this they still couldn't sell out. Money is a part of the problem, but it's not the only problem. We need to start winning again. When we were winning we were selling out.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

While the economy is definitely struggling in the Tampa area, I don't think that this is the only reason for blackouts. The Bucs cut ticket prices, parking is free, concessions are half off and they have a giveaway for Ronde's 200th start. With all of this they still couldn't sell out. Money is a part of the problem, but it's not the only problem. We need to start winning again. When we were winning we were selling out.

Ya, this...

and plus isnt the decision to black games out up to the Glazers and not the NFL league office? because I heard we were only 1/3 teams that do this(other 2 being Jaguars and Chargers)

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I don't get how the rays are winning and they still are struggling to sell tickets as well. Same thing with last year. To me winning winning may not solve it either. Look at 2010. In the playoff hunt ad bucs still were blacked out.
bucsfan333

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in Michigan and I get to watch the game every week. And it's blacked out locally?

TROLLOLOLOL
tml_gogo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is it really such a stretch to think that Tampa residents just don't really care about the Bucs? I'd say that's the most likely scenario.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

REDandPEWTER wrote:
DaRealdeal wrote:
REDandPEWTER wrote:

I don't get how the rays are winning and they still are struggling to sell tickets as well. Same thing with last year. To me winning winning may not solve it either. Look at 2010. In the playoff hunt ad bucs still were blacked out.

The Rays have only been in Tampa since 1998, they just started to be competitive over the last few years and Baseball isn't all that high in the pecking order when it comes to sports in the US. I'm not all that surprised about the Rays struggles to fill the stands.

It will take them a while before they build a consistent following that is willing to pony up for tickets.

Last edited by DaRealdeal on Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am; edited 1 time in total
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For how bad or good or average they may be I still watch the bucs week after week. Sucks that I don't live in Tampa. Not saying I'd be blue to afford season tix but definately would go to adamant games possible.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 3 of 29

Jump to: