Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Week 1: Panthers @ Bucs GDT
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
justo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did this game get blacked out in Tampa?
mfw096

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:
So did this game get blacked out in Tampa?

The team has stated they won't let us know till Thursday, but as of Friday we were 9,000 tickets short.... Crying or Very sad

http://www.wtsp.com/sports/article/271754/4/Bucs-opener-to-be-blacked-out
nate340

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to see this offense in action. I'm sure we ran a snippet of the real thing on preseason. But most of all I want to see he run D and what better team to test it than panthers. Our run D has been atrocious not only last year but for the last couple years. It's one thing for a good QB to come in and light you up. But for a teams to line up a run the ball the ball down your throat is demoralizing.

If we can stop the run and get pressure on Cam. I think we win a close one at home.
eyyee

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We aren't going to shut down Newton and their offense but hopefully the defense can stop them enough to at least give our offense a chance. Offensively we should be able to run the ball against the Panthers D but Freeman needs to make some big plays in the passing game if we want to win.

Prediction:

Panthers 28
Bucs 20

With our defense healthy I believe we can make it a close game but I think we may come up short.
RoeKG

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lil' Shorty wrote:
Looking at the majority of these predictions is really sickening. While we might not win I do believe that it will be a close game. We are not the team we were last year and like someone already said, I think that with Schiano, the days of being blown out are over. I think our D will be much improved, middle of the pack when it comes to league rankings, and if what we did to the Patriots is any indication of what this season will be like we actually might be considered good on D.

I dont think Cam and the Panthers will go crazy on us on offense. I think Clayborn, McCoy, Bennett, David, Barron, Barber, and Talib will step up. The Panthers D is very suspect imo. If we can get a solid run game going I think the "taking shots" part of our offense will work perfectly. Their DBs are their biggest weakness and their DL is average. We just need to account for their LBs, which will probably be one of the better units in the league this year.

Panthers: 20
Buccaneers: 24

I agree. The Panthers tore us up last year but as we all saw the team had given up and was just plain sad. But I don't see a powerhouse team in them. Their D is average at best - I think ours will be better this season - and they didn't beat any quality teams last year. They beat us twice, the Vikings, the Colts, the Redskins, and the T.J. Yates lead Texans. Not to mention Cam Newton isn't a guarantee to improve, he could just as easily have a sophomore slump as be a better QB.

Assuming Freeman plays alright and we keep our defense off the field, I think we can win.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we can win too but the offense is a huge question mark and the lack of quality depth on the dline is suspect.

Those are the two concerns that makes or breaks this game. If Freeman becomes the qb he's capable of then the bucs should win this game ad be NFC south title contenders. But that's still a question mark.

I won't make a prediction other than its close and we have a chance. But I see the final score being about 24-21.
DaRealdeal

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Williams vs. Captain Munnerlyn has to be a match-up that we look to often. From a sheer size perspective, Williams should be able to dominate this match-up. If we feature Williams in the passing game he could have a big day.

We have to find a way to generate a pass rush against Cam. If we don't he will kill us. Our run defense played well in the preseason for the most part, but we haven't seen consistently good run defense from this defense in years. Even if Stewart doesn't play this ground attack is lethal. The Panthers can put up points in a hurry. If we don't start fast this could get out of hand.

I would think that the players have to be coming into this game with a little extra chip on their shoulder given how badly we got whooped by the Panthers last year. This is great litmus test to start this season.

Adopt-A-Buc Adrian Clayborn
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
Lil' Shorty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:
Mike Williams vs. Captain Munnerlyn has to be a match-up that we look to often. From a sheer size perspective, Williams should be able to dominate this match-up. If we feature Williams in the passing game he could have a big day.

We have to find a way to generate a pass rush against Cam. If we don't he will kill us. Our run defense played well in the preseason for the most part, but we haven't seen consistently good run defense from this defense in years. Even if Stewart doesn't play this ground attack is lethal. The Panthers can put up points in a hurry. If we don't start fast this could get out of hand.

I would think that the players have to be coming into this game with a little extra chip on their shoulder given how badly we got whooped by the Panthers last year. This is great litmus test to start this season.

I really like what you pointed out with Mike Williams. I completely agree. Carolina's DBs are already suspect and Munnerlyn really doesnt look like he would be a starter on many other of the 32 teams in the league. Mike needs to shine.

Also, like you were saying about the run D. If we can keep them honest and take to the air more often than they want to. I think our D gets and immediate edge on their offense. We just have to stop the run though. Must happen. I just hope that Talib or Wright isnt suspended last minute cuz if they are Cam will probably have too much fun with our CBs.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DaRealdeal wrote:

Completely agree with you....Im going to post up matchups on that first in a little bit...one of my big ones is our WR's vs their CBs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great...I just realized Giants...our week 2 opponent plays tonight. Means they will have 10 days to prepare for us

Cheesehead430 wrote:
Mac Miller and Eminem are popular for the same reason
Laughing
bucstopshere

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:
Great...I just realized Giants...our week 2 opponent plays tonight. Means they will have 10 days to prepare for us

yikes....not good LOL

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Calibucsfan wrote:

So what? It's professional football. If A team cannot adjust to that they don't belong in this league.

Stay positive. This season is about improvement and maybe they can surprise us fans. It's a young but talented team so they'll be fun to watch
iknowcool

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
they didn't beat any quality teams last year. They beat us twice, the Vikings, the Colts, the Redskins, and the T.J. Yates lead Texans.

To be fair, the quality teams we did face were really quality and we still held our own. Nearly beat the Saints (1st time), Packers, Bears, Falcons (1st time), and Lions - in particular, we had a 13-0 lead against GB and a 24-7 or something lead over Detroit. We made a lot of young team mistakes but it isn't like we were playing poorly against quality teams and then great against bad teams. Just caught a lot of unlucky breaks, including in the injury department.

Anyway, good luck and hopefully no injuries! This game really worries me. I don't care what anyone says. I loved Freeman coming out of college and still expect him to be a quality quarterback.
REDandPEWTER

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RoeKG wrote:
[quote="Lil' Shorty"

I dont t

I agree. The Panthers tore us up last year but as we all saw the team had given up and was just plain sad. But I don't see a powerhouse team in them. Their D is average at best - I think ours will be better this season - and they didn't beat any quality teams last year. They beat us twice, the Vikings, the Colts, the Redskins, and the T.J. Yates lead Texans. Not to mention Cam Newton isn't a guarantee to improve, he could just as easily have a sophomore slump as be a better QB.

Assuming Freeman plays alright and we keep our defense off the field, I think we can win.

To be fair RoeKG the same could be said about the 2010 bucs in terms of weak opponents beaten.
ravishingone

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simply put, just be average stopping the run. The defense can't get gashed early and get the team down double digits early. The offensive game plan of running the ball goes out the window and the defense will be on the field way too long.

I like Vincent Jackson against pretty much anyone this year. The guy is just too big, too strong, and a great route runner.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Tampa Bay Buccaneers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 27, 28, 29  Next
Page 2 of 29

Jump to: