Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Alan Branch fired his agent. Feel bad for the guy, he's definitely going to be a good get for whatever team signs him.
I was surprised we didn't resign him (or at least haven't yet). I don't see why people are so down on him, I think he was a good player for us. He's on the bubble of being a good player, but probably not many teams are willing to pay him what he's worth.

Yea, I like him too. He didn't get enough credit while he was here.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Alan Branch fired his agent. Feel bad for the guy, he's definitely going to be a good get for whatever team signs him.
I was surprised we didn't resign him (or at least haven't yet). I don't see why people are so down on him, I think he was a good player for us. He's on the bubble of being a good player, but probably not many teams are willing to pay him what he's worth.

There must be some money issues going on behind the scenes. Otherwise maybe Pete isn't happy with how he performed on the team?
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would assume he's trying to go to a team where he will be a starter and Pete likely made it clear that he would not be given that job here. And yes, finances are very likely a reason he hasn't been sought after by other teams considering he just fired his agent.

PS: Where's imani been? The thread title should be H.O.T. for "offseason" talk Very Happy
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Imani told us some time ago his computer was down/broken & he'd be off-line for quite awhile. Looking forward to his return....
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Seahawks will use Michael Bennett as a three-technique interior pass rusher after he played left end in Tampa Bay.

With LE Red Bryant and RE Cliff Avril on the ends, the Seahawks will open with NT Brandon Mebane and DT Bennett as the interior linemen. Bennett has plenty of experience as an interior defender, having played three-technique tackle in Tampa Bay's nickel and dime packages. The Seahawks will also bring Bruce Irvin off the edge on pass-rush downs. Irvin had eight sacks as a rookie.

I personally hate this news. I don't know why the team is content with Red at LDE. I understand the 3-tech is also a need, but I think Bennett is much more valuable to us as a DE and that's where he's shown his best play. I guess I can't be too upset considering the contract, but it sucks to know we'll likely not use Bennett to his full capabilities.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A league source tells Yahoo's Mike Silver the Raiders have "legitimate" interest in Matt Flynn.

Perhaps the Seahawks will get something for Flynn, after all. Silver reports Flynn is available for "as little as a fourth-round pick," though putting his $5.25 million base salary on the books would create more cap issues for Oakland, even after releasing Carson Palmer. (The Palmer cut would save just under $6 million in cap room.) The Jaguars were previously reported to have interest in Flynn. Per Silver, Jacksonville has "little inclination" to swing a trade.

Sucks that Gus Bradley isn't as interested as we thought. I think Flynn would be great there. Also nice to hear that the team is looking for at least a 4th. Is there any way we could deal Flynn and also eat his salary?

Quote:
ESPN 1500 Twin Cities doesn't expect free agent CB Antoine Winfield to re-sign with the Vikings.

Winfield hasn't given up on returning, but it remains doubtful that he would consider taking less money to come back. He met with the Redskins on Wednesday and is drawing interest from "at least two other teams." Beat reporter Tom Pelissero suggests the Seahawks and Browns could have interest.

While I think the FO would prefer to draft a younger guy, there's no question Winfield can still play at his old age and is an upper-echelon nickel back in this league with great run defending abilities. I'd love to bring him in on the cheap.
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:
The Seahawks will use Michael Bennett as a three-technique interior pass rusher after he played left end in Tampa Bay.

With LE Red Bryant and RE Cliff Avril on the ends, the Seahawks will open with NT Brandon Mebane and DT Bennett as the interior linemen. Bennett has plenty of experience as an interior defender, having played three-technique tackle in Tampa Bay's nickel and dime packages. The Seahawks will also bring Bruce Irvin off the edge on pass-rush downs. Irvin had eight sacks as a rookie.

I personally hate this news. I don't know why the team is content with Red at LDE. I understand the 3-tech is also a need, but I think Bennett is much more valuable to us as a DE and that's where he's shown his best play. I guess I can't be too upset considering the contract, but it sucks to know we'll likely not use Bennett to his full capabilities.

I'm going to let Dan Quinn have some time with Big Red before I reserve judgement on this decision.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:

I'm going to let Dan Quinn have some time with Big Red before I reserve judgement on this decision.

Quinn is phenomenal at what he does, but he can't turn spam into flank steak. I don't see anything Quinn can do with Red to get the type of pass rush we want from the position. I think Quinn (and Red healing from injury) will help Red restore his place as one of the best run defenders in the league, but I still believe Bennett is the much better fit all around.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
The Florida Times-Union reports the Jaguars explored the possibility of a Matt Flynn trade, but ultimately decided not to pursue it.

CBS Sports' Jason La Canfora recently named the Jaguars as Flynn's "most likely destination," but it appears the quarterback's salary is a hindrance. GM Dave Caldwell is committed to building through the draft and not tying up money in veteran players. Flynn's age, 28 in June, likely also played a factor. The Raiders would seem to be his most likely landing spot.

Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:

Quinn is phenomenal at what he does, but he can't turn spam into flank steak. I don't see anything Quinn can do with Red to get the type of pass rush we want from the position. I think Quinn (and Red healing from injury) will help Red restore his place as one of the best run defenders in the league, but I still believe Bennett is the much better fit all around.

I think that it's speculation on our part that Pete wants a pass rusher at LDE. A healthy Big Red, with Michael Bennett on the Inside and the possibility of seeing Cliff Avril at SLB on some downs is enough for me.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:

I think that it's speculation on our part that Pete wants a pass rusher at LDE. A healthy Big Red, with Michael Bennett on the Inside and the possibility of seeing Cliff Avril at SLB on some downs is enough for me.

Speculation to a certain degree, I suppose. But if you asked Pete if he wants a pass rush from the LDE position, what do you honestly think he'd say?

I doubt he says he's content with the abysmal production we're currently getting.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:

amen to all of that

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
Tooki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Tooki wrote:
SaveourSonics wrote:
Quote:

Speculation to a certain degree, I suppose. But if you asked Pete if he wants a pass rush from the LDE position, what do you honestly think he'd say?

I doubt he says he's content with the abysmal production we're currently getting.

I get your point completely. He also knows that Big Red was playing injured for the whole year. I also forsee a genuine competition being played out during TC.
Sacks98

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we should give Bryant one more full season before judging i think he played on turf toe for most of the season.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
I think we should give Bryant one more full season before judging i think he played on turf toe for most of the season.

That he did. Were you pleased with his pass rush the year before that? I know I wasn't. I think it's fair to judge Red right now. When healthy, he's one of the best run defenders in the entire league, but he offers NOTHING as a pass rusher. Literally nothing. If he's in on passing downs, we're essentially playing 10 vs 11.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 55, 56, 57 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 56 of 100

Jump to: