Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
SEATTLE — Being a Seahawks fan in Switzerland can’t be easy with the 5,243 mile distance. Fortunately, Sidney Rice was able to make two fans feel a little closer to Seattle on his recent trip to Zurich.
Rice flew to Switzerland last week for a treatment similar to Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) on his knee. Knowing Rice was in town, Seahawks fan and Zurich resident Moritz Luescher tweeted Rice a barbecue invite and a Madden game challenge.

Rice responded to the tweet by sending Luescher a private Twitter message asking for the home address.

Rice“One of the coolest things I’ve done,” Rice explained. “After my treatment I actually showed up to this house and played a game of Madden with him and his brother. They were pretty stoked.”

The game of Madden came down to the final seconds, but Moritz Luescher and brother, Simon Luscher, took the win.

“They beat me on a field goal the very last second, 26-23,” Rice said.

Rice was back Sunday at Seahawks training camp. Rice said, the treatment will take some time to see a significant change, but is sure it is headed in the right direction.

http://q13fox.com/2013/08/04/sidney-rice-visits-seahawks-fans-barbecue-on-trip-to-switzerland/#ixzz2b4UPKxNL

This is a cool thing that Rice did.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
SEATTLE — Being a Seahawks fan in Switzerland can’t be easy with the 5,243 mile distance. Fortunately, Sidney Rice was able to make two fans feel a little closer to Seattle on his recent trip to Zurich.
Rice flew to Switzerland last week for a treatment similar to Platelet-rich Plasma (PRP) on his knee. Knowing Rice was in town, Seahawks fan and Zurich resident Moritz Luescher tweeted Rice a barbecue invite and a Madden game challenge.

Rice responded to the tweet by sending Luescher a private Twitter message asking for the home address.

Rice“One of the coolest things I’ve done,” Rice explained. “After my treatment I actually showed up to this house and played a game of Madden with him and his brother. They were pretty stoked.”

The game of Madden came down to the final seconds, but Moritz Luescher and brother, Simon Luscher, took the win.

“They beat me on a field goal the very last second, 26-23,” Rice said.

Rice was back Sunday at Seahawks training camp. Rice said, the treatment will take some time to see a significant change, but is sure it is headed in the right direction.

http://q13fox.com/2013/08/04/sidney-rice-visits-seahawks-fans-barbecue-on-trip-to-switzerland/#ixzz2b4UPKxNL

This is a cool thing that Rice did.

Gotta respect Rice for something like this. I hope he earns his contract this season, cuz he's a great guy to have around on and off the field.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

49ers just released Charly Martin

imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks guard James Carpenter limps off field, misses practice

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/08/06/seahawks-guard-james-carpenter-limps-off-field-misses-practice/

Quote:
Seahawks guard James Carpenter did not practice with the team Tuesday morning after limping off the field during Monday’s practice.

Seattle’s first-round pick out of Alabama in 2011, Carpenter has been limited to 16 games over his first two seasons due to two major knee injuries. The Seahawks originally slotted him in at right tackle before moving him inside to guard last season. Despite his injury history, coaches hoped Carpenter could be a major contributor on the line this season, and he’s spent much of training camp as the No. 2 left guard behind Paul McQuistan.

No further details are available at this point, but if Carpenter misses more time it’s yet another setback for a once-promising prospect.

SoS

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm really excited about Walter Thurmond this year.

And James Carpenter is headed toward Marcus Tubbs territory. High potential guy that just can't stay healthy.
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SoS wrote:

And James Carpenter is headed toward Marcus Tubbs territory. High potential guy that just can't stay healthy.

I don't think it's anything major based on what i've heard so far, I just think it's getting more attention givev his history. Doubt he's anymore banged up than Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett or Michael Robinson just were.

If it is indeed serious though, he needs to go. We can't rely on a player who can't rely on their own body, especially in the Oline. Outside of QB, the Oline has a way of being the uprise or the downfall of a team rather quickly. We need to get that together because Okung has a History too. We can't just have a glass left side.

imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Ten practices into the Seahawks’ training camp, Russell Wilson has completed passes to 22 receivers

Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
.@IanKJR tells us on air that Chris Clemons is sprinting up the berm at VMAC. Repeatedly. How big would that be to get #91 back for Carolina

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/364867777229631489
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
.@IanKJR tells us on air that Chris Clemons is sprinting up the berm at VMAC. Repeatedly. How big would that be to get #91 back for Carolina

https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/364867777229631489

It would be huge. Can get his feet back under him before we go up against the 49ers. Going to need everybody to beat them, even at home.

Last edited by imani on Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

I don't think it's anything major based on what i've heard so far, I just think it's getting more attention givev his history. Doubt he's anymore banged up than Cliff Avril, Michael Bennett or Michael Robinson just were.

If it is indeed serious though, he needs to go. We can't rely on a player who can't rely on their own body, especially in the Oline. Outside of QB, the Oline has a way of being the uprise or the downfall of a team rather quickly. We need to get that together because Okung has a History too. We can't just have a glass left side.

Quote:
#Seahawks G James Carpenter not at practice Tuesday, but take a deep breath, because it's believed to be a sore foot, not a knee injury.

https://twitter.com/BrocknDanny/status/364845203665850370
imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
imani wrote:
SoS wrote:

Quote:
#Seahawks G James Carpenter not at practice Tuesday, but take a deep breath, because it's believed to be a sore foot, not a knee injury.

https://twitter.com/BrocknDanny/status/364845203665850370

Thank god it applied to my first paragraph and not the second

Thanks sacks, you've been more than helpful with the updates lately. Much love

imani

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks release first preseason depth chart (Injuries Factored

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/08/06/seahawks-release-first-preseason-depth-chart/

Quote:
OFFENSE

QB: Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson, Brady Quinn

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Christine Michael

FB: Michael Robinson, Derrick Coleman, Spencer Ware

WR: Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Bryan Walters, Brett Swain, Arceto Clark

WR: Golden Tate, Stephen Williams, Phil Bates, Chris Harper, Perez Ashford, Early Doucet

TE: Luke Willson, Sean McGrath, Cooper Helfet, Micheal Palmer, Darren Fells, Jameson Konz, Andrei Lintz

LT: Russell Okung, Alvin Bailey

LG: Paul McQuistan, James Carpenter, Rishaw Johnson

C: Max Unger, Lemuel Jeanpierre, Jared Smith

RG: J.R. Sweezy, John Moffitt, Ryan Seymour

RT: Breno Giacomini, Mike Person

DEFENSE

LDE: Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, Jaye Howard

LDT: Tony McDaniel, Jesse Williams, Michael Brooks

RDT: Brandon Mebane, Clinton McDonald, Jordan Hill

RDE: Cliff Avril, Mike Morgan, Benson Mayowa, Ty Powell

OLB: Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, O’Brien Schofield

ILB: Bobby Wagner, Allen Bradford, Heath Farwell, Craig Wilkins

OLB: K.J. Wright, Kyle Knox, John Lotulelei

CB: Richard Sherman, Antoine Winfield, Will Blackmon, Byron Maxwell

CB: Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Jeremy Lane, Ron Parker

SS: Kam Chancellor, Jeron Johnson, Winston Guy

FS: Earl Thomas, Chris Maragos, DeShawn Shead

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Steven Hauschka, Carson Wiggs

P: Jon Ryan

H: Jon Ryan

PR: Golden Tate, Bryan Walters, Will Blackmon

KR: Will Blackmon, Jeremy Lane, Bryan Walters

LS: Clint Gresham, Kyle Nelson

chpjns15

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Seahawks release first preseason depth chart (Injuries Factored

http://blog.seattlepi.com/football/2013/08/06/seahawks-release-first-preseason-depth-chart/

Quote:
OFFENSE

QB: Russell Wilson, Tarvaris Jackson, Brady Quinn

RB: Marshawn Lynch, Christine Michael

FB: Michael Robinson, Derrick Coleman, Spencer Ware

WR: Sidney Rice, Doug Baldwin, Jermaine Kearse, Bryan Walters, Brett Swain, Arceto Clark

WR: Golden Tate, Stephen Williams, Phil Bates, Chris Harper, Perez Ashford, Early Doucet

TE: Luke Willson, Sean McGrath, Cooper Helfet, Micheal Palmer, Darren Fells, Jameson Konz, Andrei Lintz

LT: Russell Okung, Alvin Bailey

LG: Paul McQuistan, James Carpenter, Rishaw Johnson

C: Max Unger, Lemuel Jeanpierre, Jared Smith

RG: J.R. Sweezy, John Moffitt, Ryan Seymour

RT: Breno Giacomini, Mike Person

DEFENSE

LDE: Red Bryant, Michael Bennett, Jaye Howard

LDT: Tony McDaniel, Jesse Williams, Michael Brooks

RDT: Brandon Mebane, Clinton McDonald, Jordan Hill

RDE: Cliff Avril, Mike Morgan, Benson Mayowa, Ty Powell

OLB: Malcolm Smith, Bruce Irvin, O’Brien Schofield

ILB: Bobby Wagner, Allen Bradford, Heath Farwell, Craig Wilkins

OLB: K.J. Wright, Kyle Knox, John Lotulelei

CB: Richard Sherman, Antoine Winfield, Will Blackmon, Byron Maxwell

CB: Brandon Browner, Walter Thurmond, Jeremy Lane, Ron Parker

SS: Kam Chancellor, Jeron Johnson, Winston Guy

FS: Earl Thomas, Chris Maragos, DeShawn Shead

SPECIAL TEAMS

K: Steven Hauschka, Carson Wiggs

P: Jon Ryan

H: Jon Ryan

PR: Golden Tate, Bryan Walters, Will Blackmon

KR: Will Blackmon, Jeremy Lane, Bryan Walters

LS: Clint Gresham, Kyle Nelson

A couple of surprises:

- Derrick Coleman is ahead of Spencer Ware at FB

- Stephen Williams is very high on the depth chart at WR while Chris Harper is fairly low

- Will Blackmon is ahead of Bryon Maxwell at CB

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Former Seahawks Safety, Deon Grant announces retirement

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/08/07/deon-grant-announces-retirement/

Quote:
For a guy whose career nearly ended before it began, Deon Grant had a long run in the NFL.

The veteran safety announced his retirement Wednesday, per multiple reports.

Grant played 11 years with the Panthers, Jaguars, Seahawks and Giants. But a broken hip his rookie season nearly ended that run. The former second-round pick came back from that and played 176 consecutive games. He was out of the league last season, and decided to call it a career.

imani

PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks' Kearse has taken his game to another level

http://www.heraldnet.com/article/20130807/SPORTS/708079952/1004/sports

Quote:
RENTON -- Percy Harvin has been the Seahawks' most talked about receiver in training camp. Golden Tate, as has been the case in years past, has been the most spectacular. And Sidney Rice, he of the quick jaunt to Switzerland for treatment on his knee, has been the most-traveled.

But quietly, while the outside world frets over Harvin's hip and Rice's knee, Jermaine Kearse, of all people, has arguably been the most consistent performer in his position group through the first two weeks of camp. Kearse, who went undrafted out of Washington last year, signed with the Seahawks and landed on Seattle's practice squad before a midseason promotion, isn't suddenly making people forget about Harvin, Rice, Tate and Doug Baldwin, but he is certainly making everyone feel better about the depth behind them.

"He's in better shape than he has been, he's looked good in practice, making a lot of plays," receivers coach Kippy Brown said. "He shows up."

Kearse, a Tacoma native, showed potential last season, but he has clearly taken his game to another level with a strong offseason and the confidence that comes with getting a shot in the NFL. During the offseason, Russell Wilson invited his receivers and tight ends to a workout session in Hermosa Beach, Calif. Kearse was one of the attendees, and he impressed Wilson there and has continued to do so in training camp.

"We went down to California together and Jermaine was one of those guys that stood out," Wilson said. "He looked unbelievable down there and he's looked unbelievable since we have been training here in Seattle. He's just got great hands, he's got great instincts. He's got great hips in terms of moving and adjusting to the football. He's got a lot of ability. I'm really excited to see where he goes this year. He can do it all."

Kearse has shown a knack for making big plays going back to his days at Lakes High School and the UW, but the one thing that always seemed to hold him back was the occasional case of the drops. Brown said he's seen less of that from Kearse this year, and Kearse hopes more experience and practice time, as well as offseason Lasik surgery, will help him continue to catch the ball more consistently in big moments, not just practice.

"Things are a lot clearer and I don't have to worry about contact lenses moving around or getting blurry," Kearse said of his Lasik surgery. "So it definitely helps."

In addition to being able to see better, Kearse says the biggest change is simply being more confident and comfortable in the offense.

"Being comfortable with the offense enables me to play faster, so that's a big thing," he said.

Knowing the offense allows Kearse to play all three receiver positions, a big plus for any receiver battling for a roster spot and playing time.

"The more you can do the better, so I've learned the slot and the outside," he said. "Wherever they need me to go, I'm able to do it."

Kearse's impressive camp, his versatility and Harvin's injury, have helped propel him from roster hopeful to near lock to make the 53-man roster. Yet the reality is that unless more injuries happen, he'll spend more time helping do the dirty work on special teams than he will catching passes from Wilson. Kearse earned his promotion to the 53-man roster last year not just because he was improving as a receiver and the Seahawks had a need, but also because Pete Carroll saw a player who could help on special teams, which is a big deal for a coach who puts a lot of emphasis on the "other" part of the game.

"We like him across the board," Carroll said. "One of the great statements for him is that he's one of our core special teams guys, and (special teams coach Brian) Schneider has raved about his work there. That tells you a lot about his first year. He's on our kickoff team, and he's one of the starters on the kickoff team as a wide receiver. He's a tremendous asset.

"Now beyond that, he's versatile, he's very quick, his catching range is excellent. He can play all three spots, so he's a vital part of what we're doing, and it's really all him. He's busted his tail, and really come through. He's a nice guy on our team."

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 98 of 100

Jump to: