Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
seahawks12thman wrote:
Dwight Freeney? Him and Irvin switching in on downs. i wouldnt mind that. But i think he would come at a high price.
Was he released? He could be big for this team.

I'm pretty sure that the Colts FO said that he will become a FA.

I would love to sign him, he would be Raheem Brock all over again.
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tooki wrote:
Tatupu_64 wrote:
seahawks12thman wrote:
Dwight Freeney? Him and Irvin switching in on downs. i wouldnt mind that. But i think he would come at a high price.
Was he released? He could be big for this team.

I'm pretty sure that the Colts FO said that he will become a FA.

I would love to sign him, he would be Raheem Brock all over again.
Accept better. Ironic though as they are both, or will be both, ex-colts.

ram29jackson wrote:
LO freaking L...Seahawks aren't repeating crap and you can book that
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sign Freeney, teach Irvin his spin move....OMG. Haha

IDOG_det

#JDI
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Freeney would certainly bring more than Will (Who?) Blackmon
Tooki

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely Tats.

hawkman98272 wrote:
Sign Freeney, teach Irvin his spin move....OMG. Haha

Urghmahgurd GOAT.
bobob123

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

seahawks12thman wrote:

who knows maybe Freeney can have that 'one year wonder' type year for us like Raheem Brock did in 2010'... If he came with a reasonable price tag I say make the move, We need a pass rush badly!

"Guess what! I got a fever, and the only prescription, is MORE COWBELL!!" - Christopher Walken
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not sure what Freeney will have left in the tank, but if he comes at a cheap price I say bring him in. He has proven the ability to bring a pass rush at the pro level, he'd be a good role model for the younger guys like Bruce Irvin, and maybe he could catch lightning in a bottle and have a throwback kind of year. Don't get me wrong, I would rather have a younger guy like Paul Kruger, but Freeney may be a viable option if these other guys don't pan out.
lards

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2013 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"The most impressive interview I've ever had in the last 25 years of doing this? Russell Wilson," said Dorsey -- who was with the Green Bay Packers at the time -- in comments reported by Adam Teicher of The Kansas City Star on Saturday.
"Wasn't even close. You could feel that guy as a person, how strong he was, how intellectually deep he was, how mentally tough he was, that he had the charisma to lead other players. I always try to look at kids like I'm in the locker room and I'm a teammate. It was easy to see this guy leading a team.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000139920/article/dorsey-russell-wilson-most-impressive-interview-ever

aceinthehouse wrote:
I'm being very objective...

twitter: @lards90
imani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Defensive line and receiver are two positions for the Seahawks to keep in mind heading to Indianapolis for the combine. Improving the pass rush was a priority even before the team's sacks leader, Chris Clemons, suffered a torn ACL against Washington during the wild-card playoff round. The team could stand to improve its pass-rush push on the interior and exterior alike. Seattle gets much credit for landing impact players throughout its three drafts under general manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll. However, 2012 first-rounder Bruce Irvin stands as the only true defensive lineman the current regime has selected in the top three rounds. Fourth-rounders Jaye Howard and E.J. Wilson were the only ones drafted in the first six rounds. Trading for Clemons and converting Red Bryant from tackle to end eased pressure to target the defensive line in past drafts. The pressure is there now. Seattle has boldly bucked convention with some of its draft picks. Is there a defensive lineman in this draft with the unusual traits Carroll seems to value?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Quote:
Defensive line and receiver are two positions for the Seahawks to keep in mind heading to Indianapolis for the combine. Improving the pass rush was a priority even before the team's sacks leader, Chris Clemons, suffered a torn ACL against Washington during the wild-card playoff round. The team could stand to improve its pass-rush push on the interior and exterior alike. Seattle gets much credit for landing impact players throughout its three drafts under general manager John Schneider and coach Pete Carroll. However, 2012 first-rounder Bruce Irvin stands as the only true defensive lineman the current regime has selected in the top three rounds. Fourth-rounders Jaye Howard and E.J. Wilson were the only ones drafted in the first six rounds. Trading for Clemons and converting Red Bryant from tackle to end eased pressure to target the defensive line in past drafts. The pressure is there now. Seattle has boldly bucked convention with some of its draft picks. Is there a defensive lineman in this draft with the unusual traits Carroll seems to value?
Why does it matter if it's current regime who selected them? The current regime re-signed Brandon Mebane and signed Alan Branch, both of whom were selected in the top 3 rounds. Silly quote by the writer.

ram29jackson wrote:
imani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:
Quote:
Why does it matter if it's current regime who selected them? The current regime re-signed Brandon Mebane and signed Alan Branch, both of whom were selected in the top 3 rounds. Silly quote by the writer.

I think he (Mike Sando) was simply stating that we are a few defensive lineman this year to remedy the pass rush. It's one of the few position's we've hardly addressed.

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

imani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Will be paying a lot of attention to Dion Jordan this weekend. Really hope we have a chance at him in the first round

wwhickok wrote:

Tatupu_64

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Will be paying a lot of attention to Dion Jordan this weekend. Really hope we have a chance at him in the first round
I don't. I have no idea what role he'd play on this team.

ram29jackson wrote:
chpjns15

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:

Agreed. Seems like a great prospect, but he doesn't fit as our SLB or WLB, and is a questionable fit at LDE and UT. Im not interested.

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
imani

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tatupu_64 wrote:
imani wrote:

He's a better version of chris clemons. I dont know how you dont see this

wwhickok wrote:

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 36 of 100

Jump to: