Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tylerdouglass

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
What are you thoughts on Reggie Bush? I don't think we'll be in the market for him early on but if he is still around after the initial frenzy of free agency he might be willing to sign with us at a reasonable price. I think he could still be really dynamic in the right situation - he wouldn't be asked to do too much in Seattle.

It's a long shot and obviously the Pete Carroll connection was the impetus of this crazy idea. Just desperate for stuff to talk about until the draft season. I know Leon Washington was a pro bowler as a returner but I think Bush is a better option as an offensive playmaker. Turbin-Bush-Lynch for 2013???

Bush needs a bunch of carries to be productive, he needs time to find his rhythm. thats why he failed in NOLA, because the Saints won't commit to a run game. If you're OK with taking carries away from Lynch, then go for it.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
What are you thoughts on Reggie Bush? I don't think we'll be in the market for him early on but if he is still around after the initial frenzy of free agency he might be willing to sign with us at a reasonable price. I think he could still be really dynamic in the right situation - he wouldn't be asked to do too much in Seattle.

It's a long shot and obviously the Pete Carroll connection was the impetus of this crazy idea. Just desperate for stuff to talk about until the draft season. I know Leon Washington was a pro bowler as a returner but I think Bush is a better option as an offensive playmaker. Turbin-Bush-Lynch for 2013???

If he knows he won't be the primary back sure just do some of the stuff he did when he was with the Saints.
SwiftTexan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 1:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tylerdouglass wrote:
Bush needs a bunch of carries to be productive, he needs time to find his rhythm. thats why he failed in NOLA, because the Saints won't commit to a run game. If you're OK with taking carries away from Lynch, then go for it.

I was thinking more like in the early years of his time in New Orleans when he was catching 50-90 passes a year and only running the ball less than 10 times a game. Not to mention returning punts like when he had 3 TDs in his third year with the Pelicans.

He probably had his best year when he was splitting time with Deuce McCallister - why can't he duplicate that success with a guy like Lynch? Its' not about taking carries away from Lynch but creating a more dynamic offense and special teams unit. Lynch is great - one of the league's best - but he doesn't catch the ball well and it might be useful to have a guy like Bush who can come in on third and long or let us develop more of a screen game.

Thanks for the input though - you're a wise sage of knowledge.
http://www.footballsfuture.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=550031
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:

Highly doubt Bush would come here to be no more than a COP #2.
Brown_Mamba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:

I wouldn't be opposed to it, but the last thing I wanna end up with is a messy backfield with 3 RB's, much like the Panthers. Bush can easily get mixed in with our offense considering he would be a huge passing game upgrade to Lynch (Turbin has been solid in the passing game, as well).

But at the end of the day, I'd rather have that money go towards improving our pass rush. We had the #3 rushing offense so RB isn't a need.

Dirk No-Miss-zki fan
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realize Earl was so short. He looks shorter than Wilson in this picture. The way he can jump and bat balls down and get picks makes him that much more impressive.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
Dools=hawks

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:

I didn't realize Earl was so short. He looks shorter than Wilson in this picture. The way he can jump and bat balls down and get picks makes him that much more impressive.

yeah he is a little guy, its impressive that all of our guys that are short are monsters. Russell, Earl, Tate

WINTER IS COMING
lasan2night

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What are your thought about Travis Jones as our new DL Coach?

SeattleTimes Blog wrote:
Travis Jones is expected to become Seattle’s new defensive line coach, ESPN’s Adam Schefter the first to report he had accepted a job to join the Seahawks staff.
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lasan2night wrote:
What are your thought about Travis Jones as our new DL Coach?

SeattleTimes Blog wrote:
Travis Jones is expected to become Seattle’s new defensive line coach, ESPN’s Adam Schefter the first to report he had accepted a job to join the Seahawks staff.

Anybody know anything about this guy?
Plush

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that probably ends the Leroy hill era
SupeRG00F

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Plush wrote:
What?

I agree he's probably gone, but what made you post that.

Xbox Gamertag: SupeR G00F
lasan2night

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SupeRG00F wrote:
Plush wrote:
What?

I agree he's probably gone, but what made you post that.

He got arrested again, on assault charges.

NFL.com wrote:
Seattle Seahawks linebacker Leroy Hill was arrested Tuesday following an alleged domestic-violence incident, Issaquah, Wash., police reported.

Can't say i am surprised..
Tooki

PostPosted: Wed Jan 30, 2013 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Leroy is done..

I haven't heard much about Travis Jones besides that he coached with Dan Quinn in Miami. His resume looks nice (over a decade of D-Line coaching experience). It shouldn't matter much given that Dan Quinn will be the D-Line man in Seattle.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When does Free Agency Officially start?

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
TheoryofSeahawk

PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
When does Free Agency Officially start?

Can't be long after the Super Bowl ends. That's the official end of the season and when contracts expire, but I could be wrong. I thought NFL.com had a link for the offseason schedule but I couldn't find it on their site, just a link for specific events like the combine and draft.

Sheldon Cooper

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 33 of 100

Jump to: