Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tatupu_64

Location: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's on pace for 336 carries. It's a lot, but it's fine. The goal should be to keep a back under 350 carries.

^Rammy
Biggest Irvn, Michael, and ET Supporter

BlaqOptic wrote:
I'll put the 2013 Seahawks one spot over the 2008 Steelers on the Top 10
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seahawks Needs

#1 WR
If it's not a 1st round receiver we really don't need a WR. Sidney Rice is good, but he's at the point where he'd be better off as a #2. Golden Tate would be a great deep threat and Baldwin a great slot guy. That would really jump start the offense. Justin Hunter is a favorite of mine.

Pass Rushing LB
I'm talking Von Miller type. I know that's not easy to find. He would play either WLB or SLB, opposite Wright. Sean Porter of Texas A&M would be a solid pick. A guy that can play the run behind Red Bryant (not that hard) and consistently rush the passer from the 2-point.

Pass Rushing UT
We have two really good LEOs, a great NT, and a solid LDE, but we don't really have a guy that can rush the passer from the 1-gap. Jason Jones has been great at times, but not often enough. Alan Branch is good but can't rush the passer. A guy like Melton would be great. Sylvester Williams is a player I like.

Offensive Guard
Carpenter has actually looked great at LG since playing there and looks to have a spot on this team for the long haul. But RG has been a turnstile, with Moffit going down, to McQuisin sucking, to a UDFA DE starting at RG. It's been terrible. I wish we could get Jonathan Cooper.

RT
Breno Giacomini is just so stupid and gets penalized like twice a game. This year his play hasn't bee good enough to make up for it and he needs to go. A guy like Florida's Xavier Nixon would be perfect. I don't think he's good enough to play LT, but he's just athletic enough and strong enough for RT.

LDE
Red Bryant has been great, but he just brings nothing as far as pass rush. We need a guy like Watt or Calais who can stop the run and rush the passer. Greg Scruggs could develop to be that guy, but I'd rather have someone like Florida's Shariff Floyd play that position and generate more pressure.

Receiving TE
I really like Jordan Reed. Zach Miller just hasn't lived up to the hype as a receiver and we need a threat from that position. I'm not just saying this because the college, but Reed remind me a LOT of Aaron Hernandez. That is exactly the type of guy we need. He could go as late as the 3rd.
Shazor4

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We have a lot of needs but I wouldn't say any of them are major ones. That leaves us in a good position to go BPA each round. I really like Terence Williams and Brandon Coleman as WR options.

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
chpjns15

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was looking at the wild card race because, lets face it, we probably wont beat out the 49ers for the NFC West title. But, after I looked at it, its looks like we will probably make the playoffs. Heres my thinking:

First, start with the current playoff picture:

NFC North: Bears seem to be the favorite (Personally, I think their overrated, but for the sake of this, lets say they win.

NFC South: Falcons

NFC East: Giants

NFC West: 49ers

Now, Here is the Wild Card Race:
Packers (5-3)
Vikings (5-3)
Cardinals (4-4)
Seahawks (4-4)
Lions (3-5)
Buccaneers (3-5)

Next, lets analyze it. I think that the Packers are guaranteed to get a wild card spot, unless they claim the division, in which case Chicago will probably get that wild card spot. The Vikings are ailing, and same goes for the Cardinals. I bet by seasons end, neither of them are contenders. This next game will likely be the deciding factor for our playoff spot, as if we win, we claim the tiebreaker over the Vikings. Then its us, with a very easy remaining schedule. IMO, The Lions are the real team to worry about. After last week, they claim the tiebreaker over us, and they could easily turn things around here soon. They will be our biggest competition. Lastly, its the Buccaneers, who dont have a realistic shot, but I thought I would include them.

In the end, I think we will probably get the #6 seed. The main things we have to do is beat the Vikings this Sunday, and then keep ahead of the Lions. With our favorable remaining schedule, I think that is reasonable.

Thoughts?

"If you can't win, cheat. If you can't cheat, don't play."

"Getting a paper cut, that is tragedy. Someone falling down a sewer and dying, that is comedy."
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much agree with everything you just said.

Interesting part about us getting the #6 seed is that it is very possible our first round game would be against the 49ers.
imani

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zach Miller needs to take a pay cut. I like the guy, but it's just not matching up

wwhickok wrote:
I don't believe for one second that Seattle makes it out of their first playoff game.

Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Tooki

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
Zach Miller needs to take a pay cut. I like the guy, but it's just not matching up

Indeed. We'll see what John Schneider can do about that.

I don't mind paying Sidney if he keeps it up though,
khodder

Moderator - MVP
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Packers (6-3) - Look good, defensive frailties
Vikings (5-4) - Tough schedule ahead
Cardinals (4-5) - Will be lucky to finish with 6 wins
Seahawks (5-4) - Will win at least 3 of 4 at home, could win all four, should take another two on the road. 10-11 wins.
Lions (4-5) - Tough Division
Buccaneers (4-5) - Trending upwards
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

khodder wrote:
Packers (6-3) - Look good, defensive frailties
Vikings (5-4) - Tough schedule ahead
Cardinals (4-5) - Will be lucky to finish with 6 wins
Seahawks (5-4) - Will win at least 3 of 4 at home, could win all four, should take another two on the road. 10-11 wins.
Lions (4-5) - Tough Division
Buccaneers (4-5) - Trending upwards

I would agree with everything there, but I'd give the Lions a little more of a chance than you seem to be.
hawkman98272

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe we are currently the sixth seed if the season were to end today.

Kempes

#JDI
Sacks98

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Seahawks waived WR Charly Martin, released WR Lavasier Tuinei from practice squad

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/265968030046117888

Looks like Kearse is going to stay on the roster he did something on Sunday that he did quite a bit at UW drop balls that hit him in the hands hope that trend doesn't continue if he sees the field.
Tooki

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sacks98 wrote:
Quote:
Seahawks waived WR Charly Martin, released WR Lavasier Tuinei from practice squad

https://twitter.com/brian_mcintyre/status/265968030046117888

Looks like Kearse is going to stay on the roster he did something on Sunday that he did quite a bit at UW drop balls that hit him in the hands hope that trend doesn't continue if he sees the field.

It looks like Pete might be planning on activating Walter Thurmond. I believe that he needs to make a decision before Monday.
SaveourSonics

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish there was some way we could get Romeo Crennel as our DC next year...
C-Hawkin'

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could happen. It'll certainly be a surprise if he still has a job in KC next year. Question is...will PC be looking for a new DC if we make the playoffs this year?
sirensong

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

C-Hawkin' wrote:
It could happen. It'll certainly be a surprise if he still has a job in KC next year. Question is...will PC be looking for a new DC if we make the playoffs this year?

No... And he wouldnt bring in someone as established as Crennel to run HIS D. Pete loves his D and wants someone who is a yes sir no sir type of DC not someone who can run it by themselves.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 14 of 100

Jump to: