Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

 FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

H.O.T. IV: Training Camp in Full Swing!!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
 
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29175
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

^^^ that's good news. Usually when you have back spasms, your not doing doing anything but watching from the sidelines or at the facility stretching with a PT/Physician.

I still think it will be a game-time decision (and it should be) but it's nice to hear he can be physically active to some degree. Here's hoping he's healthy enough to play without concern
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29175
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike Sando, ESPN

Quote:
Lynch participated in the Seahawks' walk-through practice Wednesday. He'll be limited in the regular practices. His situation isn't necessarily dire at this point. Lynch has managed and overcome back issues previously. Still, there's a heightened chance rookie Robert Turbin could get additional carries. Turbin has proven to be a powerful runner with surprising ability to pull away from linebackers through the line of scrimmage. The offense would not be the same without Lynch, however.




Seattle Writer, Danny O'neil speaks on Marshawn's back injury and availability
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
JOEJOE


Joined: 30 Aug 2011
Posts: 695
Location: 'DrunkMode' in Playersville
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Danny, On monday I was worried about Lynch's chances of making the game I'd say it was a 20% chance he was playing, then, and now on thursday I'd put that number up around 50-60% and maybe by gameday it will be at 90%, I think Pete might be pulling a little Bill Belichick..
_________________
Adopt-a-Hawk

Bruce Irvin= Sacks: 4-1/2, Tackles: 5, FF: 1

Golden Tate= Rec: 10, Yds: 144, Avg: 14.4, TD: 3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Shazor4


Joined: 16 Oct 2010
Posts: 1050
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JOEJOE wrote:
I agree with Danny, On monday I was worried about Lynch's chances of making the game I'd say it was a 20% chance he was playing, then, and now on thursday I'd put that number up around 50-60% and maybe by gameday it will be at 90%, I think Pete might be pulling a little Bill Belichick..


Yeah, sounds like a bit of a ploy by Carroll to disrupt the gameplanning of the Cards. I'm pretty confident Lynch will be playing.
_________________

Adopt a Hawk - Russell Wilson - 252 / 393 64.1% 3118 Yards 26 TD 10 INT 94 ATT 489 YDS 4 TDs

The best QB on the Seattle Seahawks
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shazor4 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
I agree with Danny, On monday I was worried about Lynch's chances of making the game I'd say it was a 20% chance he was playing, then, and now on thursday I'd put that number up around 50-60% and maybe by gameday it will be at 90%, I think Pete might be pulling a little Bill Belichick..


Yeah, sounds like a bit of a ploy by Carroll to disrupt the gameplanning of the Cards. I'm pretty confident Lynch will be playing.


I think Lynch is hurt because it would not make it hard for AZ to change the GP. Stack the line if Lynch plays, if not then contain Wilson and more pass coverage. I can't see much disruption in cardvill.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3908
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hdshot wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
I agree with Danny, On monday I was worried about Lynch's chances of making the game I'd say it was a 20% chance he was playing, then, and now on thursday I'd put that number up around 50-60% and maybe by gameday it will be at 90%, I think Pete might be pulling a little Bill Belichick..


Yeah, sounds like a bit of a ploy by Carroll to disrupt the gameplanning of the Cards. I'm pretty confident Lynch will be playing.


I think Lynch is hurt because it would not make it hard for AZ to change the GP. Stack the line if Lynch plays, if not then contain Wilson and more pass coverage. I can't see much disruption in cardvill.


I know what you're trying to say but you're oversimplifying it to the nth degree. I'm guessing you've never been ins game plan room or defensive meeting to go over film. If lynch doesn't play, it changes how you prepare. You're forcing the cards to prepare for two completely different teams. I think lynch will play but I think fantasy gurus should expect to see more turbin and less lynch than we're used to.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SwiftTexan wrote:
hdshot wrote:
Shazor4 wrote:
JOEJOE wrote:
I agree with Danny, On monday I was worried about Lynch's chances of making the game I'd say it was a 20% chance he was playing, then, and now on thursday I'd put that number up around 50-60% and maybe by gameday it will be at 90%, I think Pete might be pulling a little Bill Belichick..


Yeah, sounds like a bit of a ploy by Carroll to disrupt the gameplanning of the Cards. I'm pretty confident Lynch will be playing.


I think Lynch is hurt because it would not make it hard for AZ to change the GP. Stack the line if Lynch plays, if not then contain Wilson and more pass coverage. I can't see much disruption in cardvill.


I know what you're trying to say but you're oversimplifying it to the nth degree. I'm guessing you've never been ins game plan room or defensive meeting to go over film. If lynch doesn't play, it changes how you prepare. You're forcing the cards to prepare for two completely different teams. I think lynch will play but I think fantasy gurus should expect to see more turbin and less lynch than we're used to.


I believe the Cards on the D side are prepared to contain Lynch and Wilson's scramble/running. Then his arm second since they don't have much on his ability yet. That is must be the hardest to prepare for. Is Wilson going to need passing lanes? Throw jump ball? Hit routs before they develope or after like romo most of the time last night. Say romo because had the feeling of watching Wilson's future style since don't know much yet. But can see the Cards preparing to not let the Hawks beat'em with the run.

As to try and fake out the Cards. Doubt it since NFL players and coaches have been there done that millions of times with great opposing players in limbo before game day.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Sacks98


Joined: 21 Dec 2009
Posts: 3991
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcwest/post/_/id/73708/progress-lynch-practices-with-seahawks

Lynch was limited in practice today good sign.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29175
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote




Quote:
Marshawn Lynch. Another day another chapter in the will-he-play saga of the Seahawks’ leading rusher as the team continues to prepare for Sunday’s regular-season opener against the Cardinals in Arizona.
Lynch took part in today’s two-hour practice, on a limited basis. But there was nothing limited about his efforts on the few touches he got before giving way to rookie Robert Turbin. Lynch displayed the explosive one-step-and-go style in getting through the line that is required to run in line coach Tom Cable’s system. There also were the multiple changes of direction, with accompanying dips and ducks, that were such a part of Lynch putting up career-high totals in rushing yards (1,204) and touchdowns (14) last season.
But Lynch’s carries and receptions were limited, and that was before he shed his helmet and watched the end of practice.
As encouraging as it was to see Lynch get his most extensive action since being sidelined by back spasms after the Aug. 18 preseason game against the Broncos, the contrast between his limited carries and unlimited activity while carrying the ball played in coach Pete Carroll’s assessment from Wednesday when asked about Lynch’s availability from Sunday.
“We’ll see how he responds each day with the work that he does from the day before, and we’ll go from there,” Carroll said.

_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29175
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Matt Flynn is still being bothered by his elbow....another positive in russell wilson's emergence, because it sounds Flynn wouldn't be 100% right now if he was starting
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
SaveourSonics


Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 45415
Location: Sleepless in Seattle
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly, I think the team is only holding him out for precautionary reasons. I really don't think it's that serious.
_________________
'
Richard D!ck Sherman 4 Prez
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger
imani


Moderator
Joined: 03 Mar 2009
Posts: 29175
Location: Harlem, NY
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel Shocked
_________________


Russell Wilson Fan since July 2012
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail
klyon7634


Joined: 13 Jul 2007
Posts: 11724
Location: New York
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel Shocked


The dreaded backwards hat Shocked

Laughing
_________________


Seahawks~ Yankees~ Knicks~ Syracuse Orange


#JDI
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
SwiftTexan


Joined: 15 Feb 2011
Posts: 3908
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

klyon7634 wrote:
imani wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel :shock:


The dreaded backwards hat :shock:

:lol:


Still one of my favourite jokes on this forum - I gotta go back and find the op and sig that.

PS - I know that this is insignificant in the grand scheme of things but Lynch's back stresses me out because I want to start him in fantasy but I don't want to be screwed over if only gets 10rushes or exits the game early by re-aggravating it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
hdshot


Joined: 06 Dec 2011
Posts: 492
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

imani wrote:
http://www.seahawks.com/videos-photos/videos/Week-1---Wilson-Press-Conference/7fb4d1ef-34a1-4190-b04b-27ae3e30e604

Russell Wilson press conference... Uh oh, look at his head apparel Shocked


All in the laugh.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yQ1vBGkDeSQ&playnext=1&list=PLB863859AB2EBB0DE&feature=results_main
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Seattle Seahawks All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 2 of 100

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum




Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group