Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Greg Jennings discusses contract
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Greg Jennings discusses contract Reply with quote

In a nutshell, Jennings: I know what money I'm looking for. Sign me at my asking price or goodbye. Thank you very much.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jennings-says-this-could-be-his-last-season-with-packers-jl6nplu-168417706.html
justo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you blame him? I think he's going to get his. If Rodgers fought for Jones he's not doing anything less then spamming Ted Thompson's phone at this point. To be honest though a Nelson/Jones/Cobb/Boykin WR corp with a draft pick added and possibly Borel wouldn't be anything to get down about. Still have 3 very good WR's and a project. Losing Jennings and Driver in the same year though...

Worst case scenario he gets tagged for a year

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

still wouldn't be surprised if he ends up leaving. i think a lot of people just think it's going to get done, when idk if it's so cut and dry. we've got a lot a lot of contracts coming up, all arguably more important than jennings.

in the end, i think our capologists have it all figured out and we sign him, but lis, would not be surprised one bit if he leaves.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Greg Jennings discusses contract Reply with quote

Fired-Up wrote:
In a nutshell, Jennings: I know what money I'm looking for. Sign me at my asking price or goodbye. Thank you very much.

http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/jennings-says-this-could-be-his-last-season-with-packers-jl6nplu-168417706.html

cant blame him... he deserves top 10 WR $ IMO & if TT is only willing to offer top 15-25ish than GJ probably should shop around

with that said... TT is going to offer him a fair deal... it'll come down to does GJ want to stay here or does he want to start a new chapter

i find it hard to think GJ wont stay here if given a fair deal (top 10ish)

but if jennings isnt a packer next year... we are fotunate to still have a loaded roster @ WR... (& TT seems to pluck starting WR's off trees like he owns an orchard)
Fired-Up

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't fault him either, but man sometimes reality sucks.
justo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Top ten? I think he's in the second tier of WR's but the first tier is pretty small (Calvin Johnson, Andre Johnson, Fitzgerald.) Who would you guys even have ahead of Jennings besides that? Green? Roddy? Maybe Julio in a year or two

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Idk if it will be Jennings, but we have the cap room this season to do a major in-season extension.

Right now we are sitting top 10 in available cap room with 11.6M.

If we have any injuries and have to sign somebody that will cut out of that 11.6. But realistically speaking, if we even have an extra 8M this year of wiggle room (and don't care to roll it over into next year's cap...) we could give Jennings his long-term deal, and completely front-load it into this year.

If we could tack on an extra 5 years and 55M onto his current deal, and move 8M of that 55 onto this years cap, it'll end up making it a 5 year extension worth 47M. Jennings is worth the $11M, he's put in his time, and we need to make a huge effort to lock him up. You also need to remember that Driver's contract will be coming off the books next year, and there could be some wiggle room with Woodson too (retire/restructure...*cringes at first thought*)

The Doctor wrote:
ALLONS-Y, ALONSO!
JBURGE25

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blankman0021 wrote:
Idk if it will be Jennings, but we have the cap room this season to do a major in-season extension.

If we have any injuries and have to sign somebody that will cut out of that 11.6. But realistically speaking, if we even have an extra 8M this year of wiggle room (and don't care to roll it over into next year's cap...) we could give Jennings his long-term deal, and completely front-load it into this year.

If we could tack on an extra 5 years and 55M onto his current deal, and move 8M of that 55 onto this years cap, it'll end up making it a 5 year extension worth 47M. Jennings is worth the $11M, he's put in his time, and we need to make a huge effort to lock him up. You also need to remember that Driver's contract will be coming off the books next year, and there could be some wiggle room with Woodson too (retire/restructure...*cringes at first thought*)

Exactly what I was thinking.

XBL: ShiiNyIV
gizmo2012

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course a deal with Jennings wiil get done, the Packers need him and he needs Aaron Rodgers and the Packers. TT keeps his core players and Jennings is certainly that. I also supsect that Jennings isn't asking for aburd money.
Pack4life7

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennings value very much depends on how Finley performs this year IMO. If Finley beasts (Like I expect him to) then Jennings becomes a luxury and is easier to let walk. If Jike sucks again then all of the sudden our WR corp doesn't look as invincible as it once did.

Waldo wrote:

Enter Waldo

Same Old Jay
justo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JBURGE25 wrote:
blankman0021 wrote:

Exactly what I was thinking.

Same.

justo wrote:
Jennings is going to get his. We are like 11 million under the cap as of now so we could even front load it to this year if needed. Pull the trigger Tempson..

Posted that earlier in the GDT. Only reason we might not is if we get someone like Clay done this year and front load it instead.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

justo wrote:

Posted that earlier in the GDT. Only reason we might not is if we get someone like Clay done this year and front load it instead.

i dont think Clay or BJ get extensions till next year (they both still have 2 years left (including 2012) iirc
Mattwaukee

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you can give Jennings his contract, and still be able to tag Finley later.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This year we don't have much on our plate but next year we have:
Burnett
Matthews
Raji
Finley
Jones
Pickett (gone IMO)
Starks (maybe)

and that's not including having to replace guys like Saturday through the draft or free agency

Me thinks some of those deals have to get done this year. Especially if Jennings isn't going to get done in the season

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good time to try to get some leverage if you are GJ. Beyond that much, I would not worry about it unless he makes it to FA, then I think he is pretty much gone.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Green Bay Packers All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7

Jump to: