Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Injury update & related stuff
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs
View previous topic :: View next topic  
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 6:36 pm    Post subject: Injury update & related stuff Reply with quote

According to Gretz:

Quote:
The Chiefs placed starting center Rodney Hudson on the injured-reserve list on Wednesday, ending his season after three games because of a broken bone in his right leg. Hudson was not designated for return.

Quote:
But they got good news on WR Dexter McCluster and his elbow injury. What appeared to be a severe problem from replays in New Orleans won’t even keep him off the practice field this week. He’ll be limited but head coach Romeo Crennel says he will practice on Wednesday. McCluster appeared to be wearing a brace on that elbow.

Quote:
The Chiefs are working on an injury settlement with Reeves. If it happens, he’ll be cut loose and on the street as a free agent. If it doesn’t happen, he will remain on the injured-reserve list.

Quote:
New additions Russ Hochstein and Bryan Mattison were on the field and taking part in Wednesday’s practice. Hochstein was wearing No. 66, while Mattison got No. 64. Hochstein was working as the No. 2 center, while Mattison appeared to be working at left guard.
ryknowssd

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It obviously sucks that it's at Hudson's expense, but I love that Jeff Allen is getting an opportunity to go beastmode on everyone this early in his career. After this season, I highly doubt Lilja has a chance to stick on our roster as a starter. I loves me some Jeff Allen.

bigschmadt00 wrote:
Oooohhhh YEAHH!!! WOO PIG SOOIE!
EB29

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with that. Although I like Lilja in the roll of a interior back up line man. He would be great depth. Im not sure if thats in the cards for him or not, but we have very little depth on the interior. As if we all didnt know that Very Happy

JTagg7754 with the Dope Sig ^^

Jon Gruden wrote:
Great Snatch catch ability there by Nicks
jimmydee

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I 'think' Hochstein has experience at center. Question: Do you favor him over Lilja, keep Allen mauling at LG and use Lilja as the experienced swing OLman, beginning next week? Hoch needs at least a week to aclimate. I'm sure Hoch is a little younger and bigger than Lilja. Just askin.............
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jimmydee wrote:
I 'think' Hochstein has experience at center. Question: Do you favor him over Lilja, keep Allen mauling at LG and use Lilja as the experienced swing OLman, beginning next week? Hoch needs at least a week to aclimate. I'm sure Hoch is a little younger and bigger than Lilja. Just askin.............

Nope!

Quote:
The soon to be 35-year old Hochstein (October 7) has been in the NFL for 12 seasons since playing his college football at Nebraska. He was a 5th-round draft choice of Tampa Bay in 2001 and has played for the Buccaneers, New England, Denver and Arizona since then. Hochstein (6-4, 305 pounds) has played in 138 games with 36 starts. He also owns three Super Bowl rings, one from Tampa Bay and two with the Patriots.

Somewhere I read he played 5 different positions including OL, FB and TE. I guess we'll see a line of Albert, Allen, Lilja, Asamoah, Winston. The two new guys will be strictlybackups until they drop one to get another DB.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe be on the injury report......
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:

More than likely because of Cassel's two story high pass where Bowe got cartwheeled after doing everything he could to reach for the stars on yet another Cassel pass.

Rolling Eyes

Thanks to ryknowssd for the sig!

Trent Baalke for 2013 NFL executive of the year.
HiccupGuy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

More than likely because of Cassel's two story high pass where Bowe got cartwheeled after doing everything he could to reach for the stars on yet another Cassel pass.

Rolling Eyes

Could be, Romeo said it was a thigh injury.

BTW, Justin Houston is on NFL 32 which is on right now but they havnt showed him yet.
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

HiccupGuy wrote:
nicfre2011 wrote:
HiccupGuy wrote:

Rolling Eyes

Could be, Romeo said it was a thigh injury.

BTW, Justin Houston is on NFL 32 which is on right now but they havnt showed him yet.

Yeah, IIRC, I thought that was what he was favoring as he got up after getting spun head over heels.

Edit : Bowe's attempt to catch Matt Cassel's pass is in this video that Arrowhead86 poster in the KC vs. NO thread (38 second mark) :

Arrowhead86 wrote:
Loved the open in the Chiefs video.. time to wrap this thread up with one more.. enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=R6yNO231Etg

pittstate87

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

anybody heard if kendrick lewis will be active or not
DT58_lives_on

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bowe's injury could also have been from the cheap shot by Jenkins, clearly went down at his knee and hit lower thigh.

Probably a combination of both.
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a new one:

Quote:
As reported by Crennel, 3 players did not practice and thus do not appear to be healthy enough to play against the Chargers – TE Kevin Boss (head), RB Peyton Hillis (ankle) and DE Glenn Dorsey (calf). Boss and Dorsey were not on the field at Arrowhead during the open window for the media. Hillis was riding a stationary bike.

Wonder who will fill in for him in base defense? Bailey or Pitoitua?
nicfre2011

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

KC_Guy wrote:
Here's a new one:

Quote:
As reported by Crennel, 3 players did not practice and thus do not appear to be healthy enough to play against the Chargers – TE Kevin Boss (head), RB Peyton Hillis (ankle) and DE Glenn Dorsey (calf). Boss and Dorsey were not on the field at Arrowhead during the open window for the media. Hillis was riding a stationary bike.

Wonder who will fill in for him in base defense? Bailey or Pitoitua?

Maybe Pitoitua starts with Bailey coming in on passing downs?

ArrowheadRage58

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is T.Jack/Toribio/Poe in base D a possibility?

People just seem to be mad because the chiefs are all of a sudden doing what their fans thought they were capable of
KC_Guy

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dorsey update:

Quote:
Boss and Hillis did not practice all week, while Dorsey came down with his calf injury early in Thursday’s practice. Crennel said they would probably allow a decision on Dorsey to go right up to Sunday morning.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> Kansas City Chiefs All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: