Discuss football with over 60,000 fans. Free Membership. Join now!

FAQFAQ  RegisterRegister   ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

FootballsFuture.com Forum Index
FootballsFuture.com Home

Washington Redskins Watch:: 8-6 KIRK FOR MVP! CHECK FOR PEDS
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams
View previous topic :: View next topic  
footy_29

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even without RG3 - if he does miss a game, or the remainder of the season - we are still talking about Cleveland, Philly and Dallas. While all three of those games can be lost with Kirk Cousins at QB, it's not a tough schedule aside from the Cowboys.

They currently sit tied for 17th (haven't looked at strength of schedule) with four others. The Rams are looking at a best case scenario of #14. Win two, and we're looking at 19-21.
Wr80

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

footy_29 wrote:
Even without RG3 - if he does miss a game, or the remainder of the season - we are still talking about Cleveland, Philly and Dallas. While all three of those games can be lost with Kirk Cousins at QB, it's not a tough schedule aside from the Cowboys.

They currently sit tied for 17th (haven't looked at strength of schedule) with four others. The Rams are looking at a best case scenario of #14. Win two, and we're looking at 19-21.

You're underestimating the Browns, don't do that. They are 3-0 in last 3 games, they have a good QB in Weeden, and they have a solid defense not great but not bad. I could see you losing either that game or the Eagles.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

You're underestimating the Browns, don't do that. They are 3-0 in last 3 games, they have a good QB in Weeden, and they have a solid defense not great but not bad. I could see you losing either that game or the Eagles.

They play Cleveland in the dog pound too, Dallas would probably be the toughest team but that game is at home so that should help some.

Last edited by STLRamsFan99 on Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

They play Cleveland in the dog pound too, Dallas would probably be the toughest team but that game is at home so that should help some.

I'm sorry but I don't think the Skins will lose the rest of these games. The Cleveland Browns defense and offense is no better or greater than any teams as well as the Redskins defense is struggling but they are hot now with the help of Alfred Morris with the running game and Pierre Garcon being part of the passing game which helps RG3 most of the time.

Also Cleveland Browns is coming off on a 3 game winning streak which teams like the Steelers didn't have Big Ben at the time due to a shoulder injury. Oakland and Kansas City both at the bottom of they're divison and conference.

As from Redskins side they are coming off a 4 games winning streak beating the Eagles, the Cowboys at they're own turf on Thanksgiving, the Giants and now beating the Ravens giving bragging rights of battle of the beltway. two teams that the Redskins beat are playoffs bound and 1 are in the hunt of the playoffs.

Cleveland beat one team that is bearly holding to a playoff spot which is the Steelers without Big Ben. Now to say that the Skins underestimating the Browns?! I don't that's true because the Skins are a better team with RG3 and without him is remind to be seen. Also saw on Redskins post game that RG3 will be playing and starting against the Browns so with that being said Browns, the Eagles and Cowboys are going to have problem stopping a hot team.

BTW Brandon Weeden has be throwing more interception than touchdowns this season and past games, so that be a huge advantage from the Skins.
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

I'm sorry but I don't think the Skins will lose the rest of these games. The Cleveland Browns defense and offense is no better or greater than any teams as well as the Redskins defense is struggling but they are hot now with the help of Alfred Morris with the running game and Pierre Garcon being part of the passing game which helps RG3 most of the time.

Also Cleveland Browns is coming off on a 3 game winning streak which teams like the Steelers didn't have Big Ben at the time due to a shoulder injury. Oakland and Kansas City both at the bottom of they're divison and conference.

As from Redskins side they are coming off a 4 games winning streak beating the Eagles, the Cowboys at they're own turf on Thanksgiving, the Giants and now beating the Ravens giving bragging rights of battle of the beltway. two teams that the Redskins beat are playoffs bound and 1 are in the hunt of the playoffs.

Cleveland beat one team that is bearly holding to a playoff spot which is the Steelers without Big Ben. Now to say that the Skins underestimating the Browns?! I don't that's true because the Skins are a better team with RG3 and without him is remind to be seen. Also saw on Redskins post game that RG3 will be playing and starting against the Browns so with that being said Browns, the Eagles and Cowboys are going to have problem stopping a hot team.

BTW Brandon Weeden has be throwing more interception than touchdowns this season and past games, so that be a huge advantage from the Skins.

You act like the Redskins won the game before it is even played. If you don't like what I am saying go back to the Redskins board. I couldn't careless how you justify that you think Cleveland is a terrible team.
TruSkinsFan

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

You act like the Redskins won the game before it is even played. If you don't like what I am saying go back to the Redskins board. I couldn't careless how you justify that you think Cleveland is a terrible team.

This is just discussion and no i DON'T act like the Skins have already won the game so if you don't like what I'm sayin then don't reply because I'm stating the facts and just having a conversation. I personally don't like the fact that you guys made a thread about the Skins records and hoping we lose all of our games. But I don't care about it or say anything about it now because at the end of the day you guys are gonna do what you wanna do and that's fair. And I can come here and talk with any Rams fan all I want without disrespecting anybody. So calm down take time breath Smile
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

This is just discussion and no i DON'T act like the Skins have already won the game so if you don't like what I'm sayin then don't reply because I'm stating the facts and just having a conversation. I personally don't like the fact that you guys made a thread about the Skins records and hoping we lose all of our games. But I don't care about it or say anything about it now because at the end of the day you guys are gonna do what you wanna do and that's fair. And I can come here and talk with any Rams fan all I want without disrespecting anybody. So calm down take time breath :)

I never said the Redskins would lose out, what I said was the Browns at home is tougher than people think, and the toughest team you face is Dallas at D.C. which would help you some. It is still hard to win on the road in the NFL.

I am calm, what in my statement made it sound otherwise?
TLSkins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

The Browns have 4 offensive TDs in the past 3 games. That doesn't make Weeden a good QB.
TLSkins

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

STLRamsFan99 wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
TruSkinsFan wrote:
STLRamsFan99 wrote:
Wr80 wrote:
footy_29 wrote:

This is just discussion and no i DON'T act like the Skins have already won the game so if you don't like what I'm sayin then don't reply because I'm stating the facts and just having a conversation. I personally don't like the fact that you guys made a thread about the Skins records and hoping we lose all of our games. But I don't care about it or say anything about it now because at the end of the day you guys are gonna do what you wanna do and that's fair. And I can come here and talk with any Rams fan all I want without disrespecting anybody. So calm down take time breath Smile

I never said the Redskins would lose out, what I said was the Browns at home is tougher than people think, and the toughest team you face is Dallas at D.C. which would help you some. It is still hard to win on the road in the NFL.

I am calm, what in my statement made it sound otherwise?

The team we are going to have the most problem with is Dallas -- we struggle with teams that have a strong passing attack. I'm not too worried about the Cleveland game. Our defense is decent against the run and we should hold their passing game enough for us to pull out the win. Gordon will get a deep ball, or two somewhere but it wont be enough to beat us.
El ramster

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For a Wash lost and a Rams win..

Found my new fav gif.. I love her!!

BBL
mozwanted

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

boys i have some great news. rg3 practiced and expects to start
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mozwanted wrote:

lol.. Expect a big fat L play boi..

I hope we play you guys next year too Cool

BBL
S-jax39

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

We play them every year. They gonna get the bizzle again. Cool

And those picking the Rams are crazy.
They won't win 8 games.
I guarantee it.
I mean...Bradford never does...
Stick that in your sig & smoke it.
El ramster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

S-jax39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

DA D!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21379082/memo-to-rams-fans-rg3-deal-is-helping-your-team-too/rss

Good read...

Quote:
Brockers, a defensive tackle, was the Rams' first pick in this year's draft; Jenkins, a cornerback, was their third. Each was taken with choices acquired in the deal with Washington (Brockers was taken after the Rams moved down again, picking up Dallas' choice), which means each becomes a footnote to history. But they're more than that, and if you've watched the Rams lately you know what I'm talking about. Both have been making plays -- and a lot of them -- during a three-game roll that has St. Louis at .500.

Brockers, the 14th pick of the draft, has been nothing short of sensational since returning from a high-ankle sprain that sidelined him the first three games. He had 11 tackles, including two for losses, in the Rams' overtime defeat of San Francisco. He has four sacks for the season. And he's a key reason why St. Louis was able to check the 49ers' Frank Gore to 58 yards rushing and a season-low 2.5 yards per carry two weeks ago and the Bills' C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson to 61 combined yards rushing last weekend.

"He's a guy who could get consideration for Defensive Rookie of the Year," one GM said of Brockers.

Now look at Jenkins. Granted, he's been inconsistent this year, but lately he's made splash plays at critical times -- plays that include three returns for touchdowns. Jenkins is a starter on the league's 10th-ranked defense, and he should only improve. The same goes for Brockers, and don't measure the trade on these two guys alone ... because the Rams gained more than that. But what they have now is a good start.

"They are," said a general manager, "building blocks for what you can do in the future."

Exactly.

Quote:

1. Sam Bradford

In case you forgot, one of the reasons coach Jeff Fisher chose St. Louis was the quarterback. He believes in Bradford, and he should. Two years ago, he was the league's Offensive Rookie of the Year, and, OK, so he regressed in 2011. So did his team, and that's generous. The Rams flat-out stunk. Bradford was in a different offensive system that didn't stress a quarterback's quick release, and he suffered behind an offensive line that changed players like most people change socks. Now Bradford is back -- with a new system, a new offensive line and a no lingering injuries -- and the results speak for themselves: He's on pace to produce more touchdowns, more yards wins and a higher passer rating than he did as a rookie.

Most importantly, he's winning again. The Rams are 6-6-1, with Bradford five times leading them from behind to fourth-quarter ties or victories -- and all this with his favorite receiver, Danny Amendola, in and out of the lineup.

You don't go far in today's NFL without a franchise quarterback, and the Rams found theirs with the first pick of the 2010 draft. So why would they flush him after only two seasons to exercise the second pick of the 2012 draft on the same position? Answer: They wouldn't. And they didn't.

"People who know quarterbacks think Sam Bradford's going to be a great one," said one NFC general manager. "Given that, St. Louis made a great trade."

BBL
STLRamsFan99

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

El ramster wrote:
S-jax39 wrote:
El ramster wrote:
mozwanted wrote:

DA D!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/clark-judge/21379082/memo-to-rams-fans-rg3-deal-is-helping-your-team-too/rss

Good read...

Quote:
Brockers, a defensive tackle, was the Rams' first pick in this year's draft; Jenkins, a cornerback, was their third. Each was taken with choices acquired in the deal with Washington (Brockers was taken after the Rams moved down again, picking up Dallas' choice), which means each becomes a footnote to history. But they're more than that, and if you've watched the Rams lately you know what I'm talking about. Both have been making plays -- and a lot of them -- during a three-game roll that has St. Louis at .500.

Brockers, the 14th pick of the draft, has been nothing short of sensational since returning from a high-ankle sprain that sidelined him the first three games. He had 11 tackles, including two for losses, in the Rams' overtime defeat of San Francisco. He has four sacks for the season. And he's a key reason why St. Louis was able to check the 49ers' Frank Gore to 58 yards rushing and a season-low 2.5 yards per carry two weeks ago and the Bills' C.J. Spiller and Fred Jackson to 61 combined yards rushing last weekend.

"He's a guy who could get consideration for Defensive Rookie of the Year," one GM said of Brockers.

Now look at Jenkins. Granted, he's been inconsistent this year, but lately he's made splash plays at critical times -- plays that include three returns for touchdowns. Jenkins is a starter on the league's 10th-ranked defense, and he should only improve. The same goes for Brockers, and don't measure the trade on these two guys alone ... because the Rams gained more than that. But what they have now is a good start.

"They are," said a general manager, "building blocks for what you can do in the future."

Exactly.

Quote:

1. Sam Bradford

In case you forgot, one of the reasons coach Jeff Fisher chose St. Louis was the quarterback. He believes in Bradford, and he should. Two years ago, he was the league's Offensive Rookie of the Year, and, OK, so he regressed in 2011. So did his team, and that's generous. The Rams flat-out stunk. Bradford was in a different offensive system that didn't stress a quarterback's quick release, and he suffered behind an offensive line that changed players like most people change socks. Now Bradford is back -- with a new system, a new offensive line and a no lingering injuries -- and the results speak for themselves: He's on pace to produce more touchdowns, more yards wins and a higher passer rating than he did as a rookie.

Most importantly, he's winning again. The Rams are 6-6-1, with Bradford five times leading them from behind to fourth-quarter ties or victories -- and all this with his favorite receiver, Danny Amendola, in and out of the lineup.

You don't go far in today's NFL without a franchise quarterback, and the Rams found theirs with the first pick of the 2010 draft. So why would they flush him after only two seasons to exercise the second pick of the 2012 draft on the same position? Answer: They wouldn't. And they didn't.

"People who know quarterbacks think Sam Bradford's going to be a great one," said one NFC general manager. "Given that, St. Louis made a great trade."

Thanks for posting it was an interesting read. The trade will work out for both teams most likely.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    FootballsFuture.com Forum Index -> St. Louis Rams All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 20 of 28

Jump to: